PDA

View Full Version : Glock 43

VALMET
March 29, 2015, 10:01
So with the official introduction of the Glock 43 which everyone seems to have been waiting decades for, does anyone on here plan on scooping one up? As much of a fanboy as I am I can't say I'm dying to get my hands on one. With an MSRP of nearly $600, limited mag capacity, and some of the kinks that Glock has been ironing out with the Glock 42, I'm going to sit this one out...at least for the foreseeable future.

N4KVE
March 29, 2015, 10:26
I'll wait until the hoopla settles down, & the bugs are worked out. When supply catches up with demand, & all the "I must be the first to get that new gun" crap settles like with the 42, I might buy one for hundreds less. GARY

SAFN49
March 29, 2015, 10:44
They are selling to LE for $358.00

I would wait to make sure they don't have any issues like the 42 did, but I think Glock learned a lot from the 42. I waited and bought my 42, born on date Aug 18th 2014, after the frame and slide release changes, and haven't had any issues with it.

Guy-epic
March 29, 2015, 12:36
I am no GLOCK fanboy by any means, but it's definitely on my list of must haves. I am not a huge big grip fan. I have big hands and can handle any large pistol, but I love the control my gorilla grips can put on a smaller pistol. Hence the .357 Jframe I carry daily. I will wait for a great deal. Likely a GSSF purchase. We will see

W.E.G.
March 29, 2015, 13:07
Claim to fame is 6-shot, pocket-carry,... And unknown whether it is less reliable than the already-unreliable class of 9mm "pocket pistols."

I can conceal ANY Glock - and INCLUDING a proper holster if I simply wear a light jacket or untuck my shirt.

Remind me why I should want this.

SAFN49
March 29, 2015, 13:28

Because it's the latest coolest toy and all the cool kids are getting one. :D

W.E.G.
March 29, 2015, 14:19
As in the gun show waddlers?

Yeah, I'm all over that.

I've got nothing against the 43 or the 42.

A man who swings a smaller hammer can sometimes get the job done.
At least so long as all the competition has is coconuts.

hagar
March 29, 2015, 15:36
I highly doubt that it will be any better than my Kahr Cw9..

The Kahr is one handgun that far exceeded my expectations I had of it.

JohnnyMac
March 29, 2015, 15:38
I'd say that they're at least five years late to the party. Instead of making a what is essentially a single-stack Model 26, I think it should have been a single-stack version of the Model 19, which would allow it a 8- or 9-round capacity. My issue with concealing the Model 19 is its width, not its length and height.

JMc

Guy-epic
March 29, 2015, 22:16
Claim to fame is 6-shot, pocket-carry,... And unknown whether it is less reliable than the already-unreliable class of 9mm "pocket pistols."

I can conceal ANY Glock - and INCLUDING a proper holster if I simply wear a light jacket or untuck my shirt.

I have had zero problems with my Sig single stack 9mm's both small or larger.

hagar
March 30, 2015, 08:11
And coming in at over 22 ounces vs the 15.8 of the Kahr, and one less in the mag, I'd pass. Might buy it as a curiosity if I could find it under $400.

Vorpal_weapon
March 30, 2015, 11:44
I like Glocks quite a lot (carried them for years), but the 43 is certainly no game-changer at this point. I'm kind of interested in getting one, but (like others) plan to wait until the dust settles a bit. I've come pretty close to buying a Walther PPS or a S&W shield for my new CCW. However, I'm comfortable with what I'm using now.

nightschneider
April 04, 2015, 16:12
I'm picking one up - I got a blue label gun in the first shipment with my name on it- usually I don't like to beta test guns, but for $358 I'll risk it.

Should be in my mits mid april - I will post my experience with it.

And to the 'why,' it will be a very limited niche gun - I have equipped myself properly (belt and holster) to comfortably carry and conceal a Glock19 - this will not be replacing it. This is only for carrying a backup gun while on duty, and I can't wear my normal external vest. The G19 is a ridiculous size for a cargo pocket, and I look like I have a G19 in my cargo pocket.

I used to have a Kahr CW9, and was very happy with it, and would get another, but figured I would give the Glock a try....the rumors are the G43 is supposed to have a very 'standard Glock' feeling trigger - which would make the transition very negligible.

Edit to Add: I don't think it's the end all-be all - but it makes sense to me if I can stay used to the same trigger, and the ergonomics work for me.

W.E.G.
April 04, 2015, 18:08
...and as a reminder, if you need a small 9mm that doesn't run out of ammo so fast, there is this thing called the G26... and it will even take a standard 17-shot G17 mag, or even one of those crazy "stick" mags that are big enough to use as a billy-club.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/pistol%20pics/Glock/G26withammoandpennies.jpg

If you want small pistol that will literally fit in the watch pocket of your jeans, but that will still penetrate a man's chest through-and-through, there is that thing called the P-32.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/je2hxahDK2A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd7/rkba2da/pistol%20pics/Glock/G26%20-%20M60%20-%20P32%20comparison%20horizontal_zpsibopx4rm.jpg

VALMET
April 05, 2015, 13:47
To W.E.G.'s point- although it's a .32, a Kel-Tec P32 is so handy for deep concealment. And for the $225-250 price-tag, its tough to beat.

1911Ron
April 05, 2015, 14:49
This is my CCW, i shoot it quite well it carrys 7rnds in the mag and is reliable (200+ rnds)
http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s368/1911Ron/2009511105020-coltnewagent_main_zps57a29975.jpg

Vance
April 05, 2015, 15:56
I most likely will not be getting one because I have a G26 already. If it's about the same thickness as the G42 I might consider one though. I'm looking pretty hard into getting a G42 for pocket carry. I'm just not sure its small enough for the role yet.

nyalaman
April 10, 2015, 10:55
WEG is spot - on. why not just get a 26. Reliability/quirks is a non issue, it has the same profile dimensions (Virtually the same) as a 43. You get 4 more rounds in a 26 for the cost of about .16 of an inch in thickness...the mag options too. It's a no brainer to go with the 26 for less money. Unless that tiny bit of thickness difference is that important.

Vorpal_weapon
April 10, 2015, 13:14
It's a no brainer to go with the 26 for less money. Unless that tiny bit of thickness difference is that important.

This is truly a matter of personal requirements and something that people can reasonably differ on. It all depends on how you plan to carry and how that is restricted by your individual circumstances (e.g. required attire, somatotype, AO, etc.). I carried a duty-sized gun almost everywhere (both on-duty and concealed) for years because my build, creds and clothing options allowed me to successfully do so. The generous options I enjoyed aren't available to most.

For people who must wear business dress clothing with shirt tucked in and no jacket or vest, staying discreet (particularly in a politically hostile AO) can be problematic. Even slight printing can cause problems for some people in some localities/situations. It is also not just the size, but also the weight that can be important, particularly for those that need to pocket carry. 6 oz. may not sound like much until you see the difference it makes in how much your pocket is sagging. This is why smaller alloy-frame and polymer-frame pistolas have been so popular despite being relatively less than optimal otherwise - its the main reason I even own airweights.

Reasonable access to the firearm and speed of deployment is also very important - so . . . some options offering good concealment may not translate well when the fight is on for real. Gunfights happen VERY fast, usually at very close range, often under highly unfavorable conditions and often without time to fight your gear first. Carrying concealed is clearly not a one-size fits most proposition.

Bearing these things in mind, I intend to give the 43 a good look when they become a little more boringly common. I've obviously had years to contemplate, field-test and ultimately opt out of the otherwise popular G26 which just never seemed to find a place in my toolbox. The 43 may be a bust in that matter as well; I just don't know at this point.

VALMET
April 10, 2015, 13:54
WEG is spot - on. why not just get a 26. Reliability/quirks is a non issue, it has the same profile dimensions (Virtually the same) as a 43. You get 4 more rounds in a 26 for the cost of about .16 of an inch in thickness...the mag options too. It's a no brainer to go with the 26 for less money. Unless that tiny bit of thickness difference is that important.

If the 43 is anywhere close to the 42, I'd hardly call it a "tiny bit of thickness" difference when compared to a 26 and IWB carry.

W.E.G.
April 10, 2015, 15:53
To W.E.G.'s point- although it's a .32, a Kel-Tec P32 is so handy for deep concealment. And for the $225-250 price-tag, its tough to beat.

...and with an in-and-out puncture wound to the lung, the bad guy might still be in the fight,... but not for long.

Pneumothorax is a bitch.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6WZ-yqEoEBg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

nightschneider
April 15, 2015, 11:10
For me, the difference in single stack vs double stack is very noticeable, in the capacity I'm using it

I like the ability to stay with 9mm - I'm a simple cave man, I like simplicity where I can find it.

gunseller
April 16, 2015, 19:16
We had a 43 in the shop yesterday. I liked it better than the 42 size wise. To me anyway it feels much better in your hand than the 26. It was in the shop for about 1 hour and then the guy who paid for it on the 8th showed up for it.
Steve

VALMET
April 27, 2015, 08:11
Nightschneider- did you pick up your 43 yet?

perryturner
April 27, 2015, 08:58
I picked up one yesterday. $499 + $15 shipping Utah to Texas, + $30 transfer fee. I hope to shoot it next weekend.

VALMET
April 27, 2015, 16:20
Let us know your thoughts, how it does, etc.

parallaxbill
April 29, 2015, 03:08
I highly doubt that it will be any better than my Kahr Cw9..

The Kahr is one handgun that far exceeded my expectations I had of it.

Same results here. I also like the smaller CM9. I've never had a failure in hundreds of rounds fired through my CW9.

I have two Glocks (gen 1 17L, gen 2 17) but have no desire to buy a 43.

gunplumber
April 29, 2015, 08:16
I carry a J frame smith all the time. All day every day.

In a NPE, I might switch to the Keltec .32 (none of the five .380s I tried impressed me).

But any time I can carry the G26, I can also carry a 17. It just doesn't fit in my pocket. Yes, Gabe, if I was in a gunfight, I'd rather have 10 rounds from my G26 than 6 rounds from my J frame (and three 4 rd reloads) BUT THE GUN DOESN'T FIT MY POCKET.

If I'm going to put up with a poorly concealed IWB, then it really doesn't matter if it's a 17 or 26, so it might as well be a 17. And since I have one of those in my go bag, at my computer, on my dresser, and in my car - do I really need to carry one as well?

So yeah, I'll look at it. But if it doesn't fit in my pocket without screaming "he's got a Glock in his pocket" then I don't care for it. I'll stick with my beat-to shit Airweight.

nightschneider
April 29, 2015, 10:53
I did get my 43.

It is a good little pistol, but I don't know that it's gonna stay in my stable.

Size is slightly bigger than my Kahr CW9 w/ MK9 length frame, but not to the point that it would affect concealing it (for me). I like the Glock more than the Shield; but that's just personal preference.

I have about 215 rounds through mine - 135 115 gr ball, 50 124 gr ball, and the rest a smattering of defensive loads - mostly +p. Reliability has been perfect; I haven't had the capability to do a serious test of mechanical accuracy, but the gun is easily capable of running the plate rack at 10 yards in times comparable to my G19. The shot to shot follow up, and recovery time is very good; felt recoil is very manageable.

I think the best thing about this pistol, when compared with every other pistol about this size, is the trigger. I am very used to Glock triggers, so having a pistol this size with a decent length of pull, and a trigger that feels familiar is the big selling point.

I noticed a couple idiosyncrasies with the pistol; neither is really a flaw, just an indicator that the pistol just doesn't fit me well, and what I'm used to.

1.) The slide bites the shit out of me. I have big hands, and I hold the pistol as close to the bore axis as possible, so even standard sized Gen4 Glocks w/ beavertails give me minor slide bite. This was not as minor, I'm used to some abraded skin; this was a fairly deep cut; the lower left portion of the slide was covered in blood, and the serrations were full of blood and little chunks. I've managed to kill most of the nerves in this spot, but this went a bit deeper than I was used to, and was uncomfortable.

http://imageshack.com/a/img538/655/J76lwI.jpg

2.) The magazine has to be inserted into the magazine with no lateral tension. The locking cutouts on the magazine hang up on the lower edge of the magwell, so the mag just stops about halfway into the gun; I haven't tried forcing it through yet, but I would imagine you could, and just shave off some polymer. I don't know that I would call it a flaw, just some of the breaks of a single stack mag in a thin grip frame, though, I don't recall ever having this issue with my Kahr's when I was running them.

Overall the pistol is nice, but I don't think I'm going to keep it. I was thinking my wife would love it, but she doesn't. We went and shot it yesterday, and she did not like the trigger or the recoil impulse. She was visibly not comfortable shooting it, so, it probably won't find a home with me.

hagar
April 29, 2015, 11:57
Shot a friend's Beretta 25 auto a couple of weeks ago, cut me open on both sides of the slide on first shot. Handed it back to him and told him it was too much gun for me..:facepalm:

VALMET
April 29, 2015, 15:36
NS- thank you for the input and opinion, definitely some things to consider. I'm still on the fence about picking a 43 up. I have to agree with gunplumber...regardless of the "next big thing," it's really hard to beat a S&W J-frame.

ArtBanks
April 30, 2015, 13:15
Picked mine up today and just came in from running a bunch of ammo through it. I have been carrying either a P32 or a P40 depending on where I am going since they came out. I have been used to a double action trigger. I like the Glock, but for sure it will require a pocket holster before I would dare carry a round in chamber like I do with all my other pistols. I am sure it is just me.
For $489. I think it is worth every penny. Sure is a lot easier on the wrist than the P40 over the confidence coarse.

cowbilly
May 03, 2015, 17:09
I had an chance to buy one this weekend but opted for an XDS 3.3 9mm 7+1 mags, had a better trigger, felt better in my hand and was about $75 less. Right after I decided, the guy behind me bought the Glock 43. FFL did not know when he would get another one in stock. I left second guessing my purchase but has happy again after shooting the XDS.

The 43 was a little over $500 in my area, before taxes, which I think is a little steep.

perryturner
May 03, 2015, 21:08
Shot mine for the first time this morning. Put ~170 rounds through it. Mostly Winchester white box, with about 25 rounds of Gold Dot and Federal Defense mixed in. I had two failures to feed. On the first one, I removed the mag, then ejected the round (WWB). Saw nothing wrong. Reloaded and continued firing. Next time I just bumped the bottom of the mag and it went into battery. I haven't been shooting much in the last couple of years, and I may have been limp wristing. I had no more problems after that realization. I was surprised at the accuracy. And that I was more accurate with the flat base mag over the one with the extension.

I want to put another couple of hundred rounds through it to make sure the feed problem was me. But I'm definitely happy with it. My Kahr PM9 days are numbered.

ArtBanks
May 04, 2015, 04:58
Been zipping a hundred rounds, or so, per day since I picked mine up on last Thursday. No troubles yet. Very easy pocket pistol to get used to compared to some of my others. Better sights are supposed to be at my shop today.

Scott V2
May 10, 2015, 20:58
I picked my 43 (first ever Glock) up on Thursday night. I shot it for the first time today, Sunday, as my gun used to qualify for my Ohio CHL class. I am rather impressed with this little bugger. With absolutely no previous trigger time with it, I had 3.5" to 4" groups at 21ft on my qualification target.

I am certain with more familiarity this can be a very accurate piece.

N4KVE
May 11, 2015, 11:42
The 43 was a little over $500 in my area, before taxes, which I think is a little steep.Any time a new gun that people are drooling over comes out, the price is higher. The 1st Tavors were $2400 when they came out, but now that supply has caught up with demand, they're $1750. Same deal with the Glock 42 when it came out. Price has fallen on them too. Oh, the cost to the store is the same, so the store is making the extra profit on the new "must have" guns. GARY

Guy-epic
May 11, 2015, 12:05
Well I was able to shoot a new one recently and I was surprised at how much better the trigger is over most Glock triggers, also it felt nice. I will be a buyer down the road.

Scott V2
May 11, 2015, 12:40
Blue label or GSSF pricing is the way to go if you qualify.

H_Talon
May 12, 2015, 14:01
ok ... if you need power and compact why not the glock single stack
45 ???

can't see what the excitement is all about, you can carry almost any
handgun comfortably if you dress for what you carry.

my glock 30 goes everywhere and 10 rds 45.. backup mags are the full
size 21's with an adapter,

just saying :-)

ArtBanks
May 12, 2015, 15:10
Changed out the plastic sights for Ameriglo tritium night sights. I am very happy with this little devil. Found a bunch of Black Talon from when we used to carry 9mm. Up to over 600 rnds, not the talon, just fmj through this 43 now and not a single stove pipe or stoppage. In my book the reliability factor is right up there.

VALMET
May 13, 2015, 16:07
45 ???

can't see what the excitement is all about, you can carry almost any
handgun comfortably if you dress for what you carry.

my glock 30 goes everywhere and 10 rds 45.. backup mags are the full
size 21's with an adapter,

just saying :-)

Size. A single-stack 9 is likely going to be smaller than a single-stack .45 is most regards. I don't own a 43 and got rid of my G-36 as quickly as I could years ago so I don't have them to compare but to many the 43 will likely be more if a draw. And with 200k+ Glock 42s manufactured and sold (allegedly) in the past year and a half I'd day the 43 will likely come close to, or break that #. The Glock 36 is among Glocks lowest sellers (they've yet to make it into a Gen4) and tends to be a polarizing model- ppl either love or detest it. While slim, I hardly found it small for what it was, and pretty unpleasant to shoot.

I CCW a Glock 19 or a S&W Airweight so I'm not overly concerned about the size of the 43 or the fact that it may or may not fit into a pocket but I do believe it will be one of Glocks top sellers.

H_Talon
May 14, 2015, 02:58
I'd rather it was a 40 or maybe a 357sig cal ... oh my :-)

I can see how some would like it, I'm just not a 9mm fan
even though I own a few.

just thinking out loud :-)

N4KVE
May 14, 2015, 12:07
45 ???
When the Glock 36 first came out, many people who bought the first ones immediately sold them because they thought they would be the same size as a Glock 26/27. Well they weren't, so they got sold. That's how I got mine when they were hard to get. So when Glock comes out with a single stack 45ACP [not 45 GAP] that's the size of a Glock 26/27, I'll own one. GARY

Elwarpo
May 18, 2015, 12:14
Was at the local gun shop/range and they had a G43. I compared to to the Ruger LCP9s Pro. the glock was nice and both had similar triggers. I left with the LC9s for 2 reasons, is is slightly smaller and carries 1 more round, and i liked the feel better in my hand. Yes i did shoot both and they shot about the same when it came to recoil, accuracy and controlability.

DK
June 05, 2015, 06:30
Sold my G42 and picked up a G43 a couple of weeks ago. Mine was $499 out the door of my LGS. I love it. Trigger is a little more stout than my other Glocks. I love the size, the way it handles for me and the accuracy is pure Glock. I shoot mine best with the flat bottom mags rather than the mag with the pinky extension. Total win in my estimation.

DK

Thorack
June 07, 2015, 04:52
Well,

Bought a G43 for $455 and will be selling soon. Tried the trigger on a smaller, equal weight, equal capacity, and all stainless steel Kahr MK-9 and had to own one. The Kahr felt like it was made for my hand, balanced better, and the trigger is smooth as butter. The pull on the Kahr is longer than the G43 but it doesnt load up and breaks crisply. Most importantly the trigger on the kahr doesn't feel plasticy.

Thorack

FALfan4011
June 09, 2015, 17:05

Because you know you wanna carry it in a fanny pack like nutnfancy... Just admit it.

gates
June 18, 2015, 22:46
Meh... I'll stick with my Kahr PM9 when I can't conceal a G23, when I can't carry the Kahr I drop a Kel-Tek .380 in a shorts pocket - I have 3 Glocks and don't see a better mousetrap with the 42/43 over what I already have though the PM9 is a few hundred more with NS but it's been a 100% reliable gun with a GREAT trigger and I get good hits on moving targets at 21ft:biggrin:

VALMET
June 26, 2015, 15:12
A friend of mine picked up a 43 last weekend and was able to get some time behind it at the range. After running a few mags thru it I've determined that it isn't something that I need to own (and I'm a fanboy). Recoil was a bit excessive, the gun is small but not enough to replace my J-frame or Shield, and around my area, it's $500. While I may end up snagging a used one sometime in the future (because I am a shameless fanboy), I won't be running out to pick up a 43.

Tat2
June 30, 2015, 06:46

In a NPE, I might switch to the Keltec .32 (none of the five .380s I tried impressed me).

But any time I can carry the G26, I can also carry a 17. It just doesn't fit in my pocket. Yes, Gabe, if I was in a gunfight, I'd rather have 10 rounds from my G26 than 6 rounds from my J frame (and three 4 rd reloads) BUT THE GUN DOESN'T FIT MY POCKET.

If I'm going to put up with a poorly concealed IWB, then it really doesn't matter if it's a 17 or 26, so it might as well be a 17. And since I have one of those in my go bag, at my computer, on my dresser, and in my car - do I really need to carry one as well?

So yeah, I'll look at it. But if it doesn't fit in my pocket without screaming "he's got a Glock in his pocket" then I don't care for it. I'll stick with my beat-to shit Airweight.

Ditto!! And yes it fits in my front shorts/jeans pocket amazingly well! You hardly know you have it with you and it fits my normal sized hands far far better than the G42 which was too small. And best of all it works just like all my other Glocks.

T

Thorack
July 14, 2015, 10:00
Well,

The Glock 43 is gone. I did see that someone is already offering reduced strength trigger springs to lighten up the 8 1/2 lbs trigger pull. Would have tried it but the trigger would have still felt plasticy.

Debating whether to send my MK-9 to GP to have it blacked out.

Thorack

Vorpal_weapon
July 14, 2015, 10:23
Recently, I had an opportunity to handle a friend's G43. He disliked the factory trigger and had replaced the connector with a unit from Ghost Inc.

I'd driven Glocks on the job for years and had often replaced the standard connector with a factory 3.5 lb connector to improve the trigger, but the trigger on his 43 with the Ghost connector struck me as surprisingly nice. I'm pretty sure that a G43 is in my future for EDC - just looking for the right deal.

gates
August 02, 2015, 00:17
I capitulated, I watched HICKOCK45's vids on this pistol and was compelled to buy one... damn him:-) so - it appears the little gun needs a +1 or +2 mag extension, a ghost 3.5 disconnecter, nite sights, and talon tape grips. So - $700 or so, all in, if you want to turn this into a full fledged carry gun, about the same that I paid for my Kahr PM9, that has a better trigger:-)

Doesn't matter, I'm a "fanboy" of ALL handguns that meet the standard, be it my Springer Pro or my full rail, old school Operator - Baer Stinger - Wilson CQB (former) - Sig 228 and 226 Navy - and a bevy of GLOCKS and others - I love them all.

My wife thinks differently:-)

gates
August 09, 2015, 00:14
All the mentioned mods are done and the gun is stupendous - will be wringing it out tomorrow at the range. The Ghost made a WORLD of difference, probably took the pull down to 5.5 from 8-9lbs.

VALMET
August 09, 2015, 00:51
That's great news, give us a range report after you put it thru its paces with the new mods.

gates
August 09, 2015, 01:11
The thing I did notice before the Ghost upgrade is that at gunfighting ranges (7-21ft) the pistol with standard Trijicons prints ON what you are aiming at - if you hold at 6 the gun will print at 6 - you have to cover the intended POI with the front site to hit it. Most seem to be buying the big dot or green/orange FS with illume.

I'm used to shooting my carry guns beyond the 21ft rule (aim small hit small), the thing with these small pistols is obviously site radius and size - they are very unforgiving if your technique is lacking.

Tat2
August 09, 2015, 08:53
Mine shot right on top of the sights at 7 yards right out of the box.

Here is a pic of the first 12 rounds straight out of the box.... 6 o'clock hold on the black square
http://i728.photobucket.com/albums/ww285/tkm320/image.jpg1_zpszoc9mrbq.jpg (http://s728.photobucket.com/user/tkm320/media/image.jpg1_zpszoc9mrbq.jpg.html)

gates
August 10, 2015, 23:56
Nice group with the stock sights and trigger! given your marksmanship skills I'd do the Ghost and skip the rest - probably cut that group in half:cool:

Nice, small, Glock, inherently accurate with the right person on the trigger. I have years and thousands of rounds behind my primary carry - a 23, I have big mitts and the changes I made to MY 43 brought it close to what I have muscle memory on, YMMV.

Aeroscout
August 11, 2015, 02:34

6 rounds in a j-frame? Is it a .32?

Tat2
August 11, 2015, 08:00
Nice group with the stock sights and trigger! given your marksmanship skills I'd do the Ghost and skip the rest - probably cut that group in half:cool:

Nice, small, Glock, inherently accurate with the right person on the trigger. I have years and thousands of rounds behind my primary carry - a 23, I have big mitts and the changes I made to MY 43 brought it close to what I have muscle memory on, YMMV.

I think you made great changes. I normally push out the rear sight and pinch off the front plastic POS with a pair of pliers.....but my sight pusher will not fit this smaller sized slide. I usually shoot the Warren/Sevigny sights in competition and carry. I am a little leary of changing trigger components on a carry gun.....and being questioned about it later if needed. That may be reading too much into it though.....

I did buy my G26 at Cabelas and asked to see the 3 they had in stock..... I picked the one with the best trigger by far.....sales guy wanted to strangle me.....lol. :rofl:

T

gates
August 13, 2015, 18:03
My stock trigger was super heavy, the Ghost just brought it down a few lbs, still heavier than my stock 23 trigger but miles better than what it was.

Tat2
August 13, 2015, 21:51
My stock trigger was super heavy, the Ghost just brought it down a few lbs, still heavier than my stock 23 trigger but miles better than what it was.

Yeah I noticed you said 8lbs! I had to check my box and it said 5.5 lbs..... It feels ok.... But a tad heavier in my opinion than a standard Glock 5.5 lb...

T

gates
August 13, 2015, 22:20
I've looked at you tubes on this pistol where guys are getting 8+lbs - WAY too heavy, IMO, for anything but a "belly gun" and this thing is way too accurate and way too much fun to shoot to settle for that.

Tat2
August 14, 2015, 10:50
I've looked at you tubes on this pistol where guys are getting 8+lbs - WAY too heavy, IMO, for anything but a "belly gun" and this thing is way too accurate and way too much fun to shoot to settle for that.

I agree. I will need to weigh mine now. It's definitely heavier than 5.5lbs....

Did you shoot it enough before swapping connectors to see if it went down with use??

T

gates
August 14, 2015, 13:30
Yep. No noticeable decrease.

gates
August 15, 2015, 01:13
Just put some Talon grips on my PM9 - they feel good and I love the PM but THAT is a $700 belly gun IMO, not a fun range gun and has a WAY creepy trigger, as good as it is - and it's good.

The 43 bridges the gap between a Kahr or Rohrbaugh, and a G26/17.

The Shield is very popular and is an excellent weapon - I have an XD target in 9mm that I have shot the piss out of, they are good pistols but second tier utilitarian guns, loose and cheap.

gunplumber
August 15, 2015, 10:56
6 rounds in a j-frame? Is it a .32?

Pbbbbbt! Yeah, 5 of course.

gates
August 15, 2015, 19:53
Ok, just got back from the SGC, ran about 150 rds thru the 43 and I brought the PM9 along for comparison. On the Glock: with the changes I made I noticed the following: greatly reduced trigger pull but no noticeable wall before trigger break (this will take some dry fire time to get used to) on the Ghost - was it worth it? yes. The Talon grip tape made the little pistol much easier to hold onto and double taps much easier to perform - was it worth it? yes. Night sights (Trij. 3 dot) still shoots to point of aim - cover the spot you want to hit and pull the trigger, at least at gunfighting ranges (3-21') - was it worth it? probably not given the intended niche, I'm not a fan of the stock plastic sights but I would not spend the $112 to put these on again - the $60 Mepro's... probably. +1 mag plate, works, will be adding them to all my mags.

I also shot a few mags through the Kahr PM9, snappy and not as easy to shoot well as the 43, the Talon grip tape worked well on the PM but the gun is just small enough to knock it out of the "fun to shoot" category, awesome pistol for deep carry in a 9mm, the Kahr trigger pull is very long, very consistent, and very smooth - I prefer the Glock trigger.

Overall I'm liking the 43 a lot, it's a small gun that feels and shoots like a bigger gun,
glad I bot it, I will be carrying it after I put another 1k rds through it.

gates
September 01, 2015, 02:08
Went to the range again tonight - with the changes I made to the 43, and modifying my trigger pull, I'm shooting it as accurately as I shoot my G23, difference - I have many thousands of rds of muscle memory on the 23, about 500 through the 43... :D nice gun.

ArtBanks
September 01, 2015, 15:03
My 43 is purring along nicely. I think I am getting used to it after something like 900 rnds. The glock trigger took more getting used to than I thought it would. Finally getting comfortable holstering it in my Crossbreed.

Tat2
September 01, 2015, 16:27
Went to the range again tonight - with the changes I made to the 43, and modifying my trigger pull, I'm shooting it as accurately as I shoot my G23, difference - I have many thousands of rds of muscle memory on the 23, about 500 through the 43... :D nice gun.

I have gotten a few hundred rounds thru mine too...flawlessly btw....and it still "feels" odd in my hands after thousands of rounds through a normal thickness Glock. But it still functions like any other Glock and I like the manipulation muscle memory even though the "feel" is off...

I gotta get some new sights on it though....

T

gates
September 04, 2015, 22:49
In hindsight I'd probably go with the cheaper Mepro's v. the Trijicon's, the grip tape I mentioned REALLY helped with the "feel" of the pistol in hand, and the Ghost disconnector lightens the TP from 8+lbs to maybe mid 5lbs but it gets "creepy" - had to change my trigger finger orientation after I installed it - IMO it's still a worthwhile upgrade, I'm not used to pulling an 8 lb Glock trigger and I don't want to. YMMV.

That said - it's an awesome little Glock:-)

gunplumber
September 05, 2015, 10:47
I prefer the mepro contour to the trijicon.

either are good quality. Only PT sucks ass.

brunop
September 07, 2015, 11:00
I have gotten a few hundred rounds thru mine too...flawlessly btw....and it still "feels" odd in my hands after thousands of rounds through a normal thickness Glock...

T

Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!! Dude, please. More like 100,000 rounds through a normal Glock. You da man.

Aeroscout
September 24, 2015, 18:16
Info I put on one of W.E.G's posts I thought I would re-post here....It may be applicable to some of you....check it out.....

For those of you that are not "Glockified" and wish to become so....

If you are Police, active duty or retired military, fire department, corrections officer Etc (Depending on State).....you should look here....

https://www.gtdist.com/brands/glock/glock-19-9mm-fixed-sight-5lb.html

You can buy a NEW Glock 19 Gen 3 with 3 mags for $398

Glock 43.....$358

https://www.gtdist.com/glock-43-fs-single-stack-9mm-2-mags-for-le-mil.html