PDA

View Full Version : WTK: CAI M72 Zastava RPK experiences?

VALMET
March 20, 2015, 14:49
On the verge of purchasing a Century Arms M72 Yugo RPK on a DCI receiver. I've always thought they looked slick with the finned barrels and heavy bipods. Any members here have one or have any experience with them positive or negative? Any input is appreciated.

embatp
March 20, 2015, 16:22
Are these originally imported for single stack mags and then century hogs out the mag well for standard mags?

Kingtubby
March 20, 2015, 17:03
no, this was a kit gun built by century on a coonan receiver. that is who dci industries was run by way back when. it should be fine, but it wouldnt be a bad idea to look it over for workmanship and function. standard century protocols. the good news is it dates to a time when hq yugo kits were around, so a much better chance for a good original bore than current kits.

RG Coburn
March 20, 2015, 20:13
Check the FSB and gasblock and RSB for cant. Some were straight,some weren't. They generally have a favorable track record,no horror stories of keyholing barrels,etc.

VALMET
March 20, 2015, 20:21
Thank you for the replies gents- I'm going to move forward on this one I believe.

SawbriarRips
March 20, 2015, 23:47
I remember all the NOS Yugo in the white barrels around, and it could have one. Like he mentioned before check all standard QC and don't forget spec piston wobble
Ya may have a jewel....

PS. I'd love to have a Valmet M78 if only I trusted the mag converstion.

SR

VALMET
March 22, 2015, 11:16
I remember all the NOS Yugo in the white barrels around, and it could have one. Like he mentioned before check all standard QC and don't forget spec piston wobble
Ya may have a jewel....

PS. I'd love to have a Valmet M78 if only I trusted the mag converstion.

SR

I'm assuming you mean the M78 in 308? They're tough (as you know). I rarely see them changing hands without coming with a rifle!

kmfl98
March 24, 2015, 21:26
I had one a while ago. Very nice rifles. Fit and finish was excellent. I have an aes10b also, and the m72's are nicer all around.

Jon Frum
March 25, 2015, 20:10
Built my own on a Nodak spud. Most badass favorite AK. 12 pounds though.