PDA

View Full Version : ATI GI commander

warden
March 17, 2015, 20:56
Input please on this. I like what I see, ring hammer, no ambi safety, park finish, all steel and an affordable price. Does this bird work? I just want a 7 yd bullet dump. Not a Wilson, Baer, or Kimber, rather just a lead pump. Thanks, Warden

Thundermaker
March 17, 2015, 23:31
ATI 1911s are manufactured by Shooters Arms in the Philippines I believe. They actually make some good, sturdy, reliable guns. I have a full size from Armscor. It's fantastic. It's not as tight as a kimber or les baer, but that's a plus for me in a defensive pistol. Looser tolerances usually mean greater reliability. It'll still hit milk jugs at 75 yards, and that's plenty accurate for a defensive gun (which is what I gather you want it for).

MAINER
March 18, 2015, 10:47
The one I know of had a surprisingly good trigger. It came with cheap plastic grips, but no big deal there. The finish wore off quickly and was down to bare metal in spots within a week.

Some come with mahogany wood grips now, so maybe they have upped their game recently. I would want some white dot or nite sights, but at 7 yards that would be nice, but not necessary.

Interested in used?
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/411546486

woodstock31
March 18, 2015, 18:16
I had a full size ATI and regret getting rid of it. The finish was surprisingly nice considering the inexpensive cost of the pistol. The trigger was really good and it grouped really well. Ended up selling it to a friend who constantly bugged me for it. Will probably end up getting another.

warden
March 18, 2015, 18:35
Thanks gents, I love mine. Your feedback is appreciated.

spider991
March 19, 2015, 10:08
i got a rock island, same company...GI 1911-super gun, shoots anything and accurate. real nice people, best customer service i have run into.

warden
March 19, 2015, 18:46
Thank you spider and all others. Makes my heart sing, wild thing. I love mine, carry or pack it 7/24. God is good!