PDA

View Full Version : Dr200 won't charge

Taco reynolds
March 07, 2015, 22:49
Hey I've had a woo in the safe for years. I bought it at a show and I guess didn't cycle it, like a rube. Anyway, when you pull the charging handle back it goes only so far as to cock the hammer, but binds there and won't go any further. Any ideas of what I can try or look at?

paulb2112
March 08, 2015, 10:50
The charge handle only comes back enough to charge weapon. Balance of slot is used during disassemble.
Youtube has a few vids on break down.

jam762
March 08, 2015, 10:58
Like Paul said.

Have you fired it?

Have you broken it down?

Taco reynolds
March 08, 2015, 21:55
So wait I'm that stupid? Gun is in the safe. So when you pull the bolt back it only goes far enough to cock the hammer and then stops? I never even put a mag in it. Doesn't have the same feel of a fal or ar to me. Good god I feel dumb.

Taco reynolds
March 09, 2015, 09:17
Bolt handle stops at ejection port. You can't charge a round. I've taken the rifle down yes. Ejector finds the groove in the bolt and pushes down into housing.

Taco reynolds
March 09, 2015, 10:05
So I guess the spring is binding and not fully compressing. I'm not in front of it. Is it a two piece rod the spring rides on? Or maybe it's bent.

jam762
March 09, 2015, 10:11
Are you able to remove the bcg after removing the recoil spring assy? Will the bolt come back to the slot to remove the charging handle.

Pop the pivot pin & separate the upper & lower, look for anything obstructing its motion. With the recoil spring assy removed it should move freely. If it moves freely, inspect the recoil spring assy. If that looks gtg, start looking for the problem in the lower receiver.

jam762
March 09, 2015, 10:28
It's 2pc. The upper portion does have some play. You can take it apart by compressing the spring enough to remove the cap that holds the spring on. It has a slot in one side of the cap and the rod has a flat place. Remove the cap, the spring slides right off. The upper part of the rod should slide freely through the lower portion of the rod.

It's kind of a pita getting back together.

I hold the assy up against my knee in the horizontal position(make sure the upper rod is all the way forward), slide the spring on and compress enough to get the cap back on.

Taco reynolds
March 09, 2015, 15:16
Thanks for the advice sir. Will do when I get home.

StormWerkz
March 10, 2015, 12:42
I have never seen a bad recoil spring assembly.
Do you have a scope mount on it? I have seen mounts with screws that are too long and bind the action.

jam762
March 11, 2015, 12:40
I came across this thread while searching for something else. Take a look Taco.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=354546

Taco reynolds
March 12, 2015, 23:17
I came across this thread while searching for something else. Take a look Taco.

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=354546

Jam you nailed it. Thanks dude. Bolt is catching on hammer. Hammer is not notched and is not being engaged by sear or is it the disconnect? So it's an ar hammer? I order a woo hammer? Thanks a million boys.

s0b3
March 13, 2015, 00:28
Jam you nailed it. Thanks dude. Bolt is catching on hammer. Hammer is not notched and is not being engaged by sear or is it the disconnect? So it's an ar hammer? I order a woo hammer? Thanks a million boys.

easiest and cheapest option would be to replace the fire control group with an AR15 one. just reused the longer axis pins.

jam762
March 13, 2015, 06:13

Nice! When I read the OP, it sounded like the same issue that you were having.

Taco reynolds
March 13, 2015, 08:38
Thanks again all. Was a member here years ago. Cheap port and SA flowed like honey. Did Derek and gun plumber ever bury the sap?

ratas calientes
March 13, 2015, 18:36
. . . Did Derek and gun plumber ever bury the sap?
I am pretty sure the answer is no.