PDA

View Full Version : went shooting today

Bawana jim
February 17, 2015, 00:08
Buddy took two new Kimbers, each costing over $1100. Sat down at a bench rest and both guns made one ragged hole at 25 paces. Both run 100% with no jams and threw the brass in the right direction. Fit and finish was flawless and those stainless guns with a scalop grip cut out sure looked good. Good balance and tight fit, really guns to be proud of.

So I had some different guns but brought a used Springfield mil spec that hadn't been shot much and was in really good shape. Parkerized standard sites, military trigger and really nothing special.

My buddy shot it and got the same one hole group that the high dollar guns produced. You guys getting that good of shooting out of your Springfields?

Bruce Allen
February 17, 2015, 02:12
I have a Springfield that is about 15 years old and it began as a milspec model and is the most accurate out of the box .45 I have ever seen.

Standing offhand at 15 yards will produce one ragged hole if I do my part.

Oddly enough I also bought my youngest son a Defender model Springfield at the same time and it was not as accurate.

MAINER
February 17, 2015, 09:42
My Springer Champ doesn't do nearly that well. I'm thinking the pistol needs to get a Sight Aligner containing less coffee and more alcohol.

andresere
February 17, 2015, 12:32
My Springer Champ doesn't do nearly that well. I'm thinking the pistol needs to get a Sight Aligner containing less coffee and more alcohol.

Yours too?

Invictus77
February 17, 2015, 12:39

+1

I have noticed my groups are routinely tighter on Sunday afternoons than on Saturday mornings :)