PDA

View Full Version : Who has the long deal on G3 mags?

Old Sarge
February 14, 2015, 10:45
Hi All
Looks like I have a PTR 91 coming my way. Anyone know of a place that I can still get the mags dirt cheap? I know for a while they were a buck ea? Now they all seem to want $3. to $5. for them. Still cheap but if I can get them for less so much the better.

Thanks
Old Sarge

wanneroo
February 14, 2015, 11:13
Keepshooting.com has a deal, if you buy 100 they are $1.50 a piece.

http://www.keepshooting.com/h-k-g3-20-round-magazine-aluminum.html

RT468
February 14, 2015, 11:37
Keepshooting.com has a deal, if you buy 100 they are $1.50 a piece.

http://www.keepshooting.com/h-k-g3-20-round-magazine-aluminum.html

FWIW I bought the 100 mag deal from Keepshooting two years or so ago myself.All of mine were like new,none wrapped but zero dents or finish issues.Sadly didn't get around to buying a rifle to use them in so they got offloaded at a PA show.Saw some asking $7-15 for mags in much worse shape while walking around.Found a dealer that gladly took the entire box from me for $4 each.He had a mixed container of rougher mags I think in the $10 range.So I guess I'd also endorse Keepshooting as a viable option for cheaper mags.Also purchased some other milsurp gear from them that came as advertised and reasonably priced.Have had zero issues with them as a company with probably 8 purchases completed.

wreckless
February 15, 2015, 13:07
I can second Keepshooting.com's deal. Bought a case of 100 and most are brand new in the wrap. Good stuff.

Old Sarge
February 17, 2015, 22:20
Thanks guys. I just placed an order for them.

Old Sarge

AR-45ACP
February 20, 2015, 18:32
Let us know how they look!

Old Sarge
March 01, 2015, 10:18
Let us know how they look!

Well I got them this past week. Box was split open at the bottom so I was expecting to see some dents on some as there was no padding in the box. I am glad to report that only two had minor dents and they may not even have been from transport.

The worst mag is in Very good condition with a bit of finish ware on the part that fits in the mag well, and has a small dent on the body. Should still work fine.

I got about 25 in very good condition with finish wear. 25 more that had less wear. 25 that look near new and 25 that look new.

With shipping it came out to $1.90 per mag. Not a bad deal on full capacity battle rifle mags.

Old Sarge

wanneroo
March 01, 2015, 16:16
Apparently the Germans made around 60 million of these aluminum mags in anticipation of WW3 and the expectation was that they would be disposable in wartime. So we will probably be seeing these on the surplus market for a while, but like all surplus it will eventually dry up. I'll probably place another order for 100 within a few months.