PDA

View Full Version : Alien Gear Holsters - I can't recommend them...

JerMcg
February 13, 2015, 10:56
Ok - so here is the full video review I did on the Alien Gear Cloak Slide holster for the Springfield XDS-4.0 in .45acp...

The short is that I don't think this is a safe holster for two reasons.
1) The belt loop straps are too narrow and not enough material around the grommets. This could cause a failure and an unsafe condition.
2) There is excess leather on the back that interferes with drawing the weapon. This can cause a bad draw, a dropped gun, or other catastrophic conditions.
I cannot recommend the Alien Gear Cloak Slide for the Springfield XDS to anyone until Alien Gear fixes those issues.
For $35.00, I can overlook many many things, but safety factors are not one of them.
I will be taking advantage of their 30 day warranty and I will be sending this holster back.

If someday in the future they decide to fix those issues, I will be willing to try them again - but I can't trust my life to a holster that may keep me from drawing my weapon. It's my opinion that the holster was neither designed nor QC'd by a "shooter."
Click Here For The Full Review (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yp0snHKndc8)

J. Armstrong
February 13, 2015, 11:08
Seems like a good critique.

I realize there are decnt budget holsters, but considering everything, I'd rather spend more and get a safe as well as durable product.

I've had a Rosen ARG for my BHP for over 10 years. Frequent, albeit not "every day all day" use. Still fits, functions as new, and shows very little wear.It was pricey but in the long run has proven a great value.

Thanks for your review !!

JerMcg
February 13, 2015, 11:18
I think that Alien Gear --could-- have a great little product there. But one of the issues they have is that the back is a part they use for all their guns for that holster. They can't do that...at least not for this holster with this gun... the excess leather prevents a secure quick draw.

All they need to do is to increase the width of the leather on the belt loops and to reduce the leather under the pistol grip and I would change my review rating...