Comicus
February 10, 2015, 16:49
Anyone else interested ?

gunner30
February 10, 2015, 19:51
Yes.. But I want someone else to buy one one first, then report on it here

tywest
February 11, 2015, 07:44
meh....i think ptr is building them for century. funky looking guy no doubt and ptr sell the same receiver with rail welded exactly the same but different base.

if seen lots of century g3 clones and unless something has changed there......those rail welds, rear sight welds, and trunnion welds are not century done....to clean.

K.O.A.M.
February 11, 2015, 07:45
As cheap as you can get a PTR right now, I wouldn't.

wanneroo
February 11, 2015, 12:31
Century says these are NOS Cetme parts, the last of them, mixed with a PTR receiver.

Looking at the gun on youtube, it looks a bit rougher than PTR's but if you want a cheapo option for a 7.62 NATO showstopper, maybe it's an option.

PTRs are in the $800 range right now and I'd rather just have one of those.

One nice selling point right now for any of these rifles is that you can have stacks of magazines for as cheap as $1.50 per mag.

ghf
April 02, 2015, 10:49
The big drawback for me w/ Cetme's is the lack of windage adjustment. That rear sight only changes elevation and the front sight windage adjustment is MINIMAL.

CAI doesnt have the best track record for not canted sights. So, without much windage adjustment w/ a Cetme, a CAI Cetme is a real crap shoot.

Hypoponera
April 10, 2015, 10:40
I just bought one. I won't get a chance to take it out for a test run for a few weeks though. My bolt gap measures 0.016". Sights look straight. The exterior looks brand new and fit and finish are good.

I disassembled the rifle for a quick cleaning. I did not spot any maker's marks on the receiver though. The vid I saw said PTR "designed the receiver for this gun", but made no mention of who built it. Another forum said the receiver and trigger housing were both made by PTR. But those posts were from Feb 2015.

Guess I will see how well it stacks up to my old PTR91 in a few weeks.

Blackwing
April 10, 2015, 13:42
Not a big fan of how they glob welded the CETME rear site base to the top of the older receivers. The newer ones look better although they now have a site base "adapter" welded first.