View Full Version : H&K Flats and Bending Jigs

February 10, 2015, 13:06
I am really tempted to try to "Roll my own" ....has anyone here tired it ? It looks easy in the video...I would buy the jig ... and I see there are several types of jigs sold... one with a truing die...one without... I am a good welder and that does not look to be any great problem...

What I have is one of those Century G3 rifles that has an aluminum receiver...and I would like to replace that.... the kit they used had super parts on it so I think the end result would turn out nice... plus I bought it long before all the "rules" came into being...so I would transfer the serial number from the aluminum receiver to the new stamped receiver and not have to mess with all the new legal stuff. (Kalifornia is krazy)

Any thoughts ?? or advise ?

Napalm Candy
February 27, 2015, 23:47
You can not just transfer a serial number from one recover to another unless you are the original manufacturer and it is done as a warranty repair, Under federal law. Who know what the people's republic have added to their laws

February 28, 2015, 01:39
If your weapon is registered.

Caveat - Long arms in the state of California did not require registering with the state until the first of the year - 2015

Registration was also required in the year 2000 for Assault Weapons in the state of California.

I'm unaware if the law has changed but in the state of California if the receiver is beyond repair a new receiver can be made to replace the existing and the receiver numbers can be transferred to the new receiver. Be aware I was informed that the receiver must be replaced by the manufacture. The destroyed receiver must be sent to CADOJ Bureau Of Firearms. This was 2002 when I researched it.

March 28, 2015, 04:19
May be tried.http://freetopics.gq/1/g.png

March 28, 2015, 13:02
It seems to me that if you replace the receiver with one you build from a flat, legally the gun would be considered a new gun, home/self-built. Then registration, and a serial number would not be required as long as you assemble the gun in a legal configuration.

Of course if the gun is a CA RAW, and you rebuild it with a new receiver (gun is no-longer a RAW), you must use a bullet button, or built it featureless, and if using a bullet button, you cannot use standard capacity magazines (magazines that can hold more than 10 rounds).