PDA

View Full Version : I'm a wuss...

kotengu
February 08, 2015, 08:50
I've shot my Model 30 forever - 7,000 rds so far, and always shot it very well. I switched to the Model 17 with powder puff 147gr loads I put together for my daughter so I could cary more ammo for the OK Run N Gun, and shot it for a month or so in practice.

I was surprised that it really didn't feel much different to me at the time - I could tell that it had less recoil than my full power 230gr .45ACP loads, but it wasn't like a .22LR or anything.

Yesterday I shot my G30 again for the first time since then, and I VERY MUCH noticed a difference! My daughter's Glock is not to be touched for some time now - I have some practicing to do! :biggrin:

homelandprotector
February 08, 2015, 10:22
Just be glad you didn't shoot the Beretta 92. zero recoil, mighta broke your wrist with the G30. ;)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_BOMmIvMRm8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

rowjimmy
February 08, 2015, 21:02
I don't even notice recoil at this point. It's just a matter if how long
I have to wait for the front sight to return to its initial position.

kotengu
February 09, 2015, 09:16
I don't even notice recoil at this point. It's just a matter if how long
I have to wait for the front sight to return to its initial position.

That's because you're a "Master"! :bow:

hagar
February 09, 2015, 09:49
Me too, I shot a friend little Beretta 25 auto yesterday, and it cut the web of my hand open the first shot and I bled like a pig. I gave it back to him and told him it was too much gun for me!:D

rowjimmy
February 09, 2015, 11:38
That's because you're a "Master"! :bow:

That means you get to really rub it in if you beat me at Stimpy's :p

I'm not sure I can make it yet, but if I do, I'm bringing my stg-58, more accurate, but a crappy trigger.

I'm just afraid to shoot that damn hipower again...I kept locking the slide back after every round when I've never had an issue shooting the Glock or 1911...go figure

kotengu
February 09, 2015, 17:21
That means you get to really rub it in if you beat me at Stimpy's :p

You can count on it, sir! And I'll expect no less from you -

I hope you can make it. Beating you won't be nearly as fun if you're not there. :D