PDA

View Full Version : Modeling G code?

adam762
January 31, 2015, 23:28
I need some simple, preferably free software to model G code. I've had some things developed that I have the code for, but I cannot render it, and would like to be able to. Tool path simulation would be nice, in fact that's what I want more than anything. Something that will rapidly run the code and show the part generation.

Is there any such freeware? Truthfully I won't be surprised if there isn't. Worth asking though.

Thanks

notfrommt
January 31, 2015, 23:56
I've got an old seat of GibbsCAM around here somewhere. I know it would do it. Maybe it's MasterCAM. I'll see if I can find it

hueyville
February 01, 2015, 05:37
My software will model and simulate tool paths but won't run without software key installed in USB port. Key is an $11,000 replacement. It stays in safe except when programming parts. Yet to have luck with free software. Don't let Bobcam folks sell you one of their affordable packages. We had to abandon it as every time needed to use another feature had to pay more money to unlock it for use.

hkshooter
February 01, 2015, 10:40
Good luck, Adam. Might be better to try to enlist the help of someone on the board to do what you need. I've never seen free software anywhere.

stimpsonjcat
February 02, 2015, 17:04
Haven't looked at this in a while.

http://linuxcnc.org/docs/

idsubgun
February 02, 2015, 21:21
Good luck, Adam. Might be better to try to enlist the help of someone on the board to do what you need. I've never seen free software anywhere.

This^^^^^
Most free software isn't very good. If you know G code and M code, you can write it yourself.

hueyville
February 03, 2015, 03:52
Here is a trick. Call Haas and tell them considering buying a VMC or HMC. As I have CNC equipment and really was looking at a VF-3YT with 4th axis but unsure if running it would be too steep of a curve or if could keep it busy. He installed a 30 day trial software package and loaned me a simulator which allowed you to run a model you had programmed to see if any issues such as tool collisions. Simulator was a box about size of standard computer CPU that set on desk. He came back in month, unlocked software another 30 days and left simulator. I didnt buy one but a client who saw what it could do did based on it sitting on my desk. Haas rep still comes to visit twice a year.