PDA

View Full Version : G3 parts value

jam762
January 28, 2015, 10:49
Digging around through my junk and found a partial G3 kit. Thinking about parting it out but don't know what the parts are worth. Here is what I have.

-FMP bbl marked 19/70 complete with Tripple frame, sight blade & eye bolt. Still in trunion.
-Complete steele SEF trigger pack in housing with blk grip & screw.
-FMP 1/69 BCG RA2721 marked, HK 5/63 bolt head RA2721 marked, Locking piece marked with 487, Firing pin w/spring.
-Rear sight.
-Cocking tube that was butchered during demil.
-Charging handle.
-A couple of charging handle supports.
-End cap.

Thanks,
jam

nwobhm
January 28, 2015, 11:07
Looks like a Rhodie G3 ... I'd be interested in the complete bolt head and carrier assembly depending on price.

Spenny
January 28, 2015, 12:45
PM sent!

BIG50
January 28, 2015, 13:36
Complete bolt and carrier assembly $250 to 300 barrel $300 to $400. Complete trigger group $60. DEPENDING ON CONDITION ON ALL ALL SMALL PARTS $25 TO $35

jam762
January 28, 2015, 23:04
Thanks, not much to be found out there on prices.

Spenny
January 28, 2015, 23:20
Thanks, not much to be found out there on prices.

The guys over on HKPro.com Forums might yield more info on pricing.

Cheers,

Spenny

BIG50
January 29, 2015, 00:25
the guys on HK PRO are cheap bastards and want everything for nothing

Spenny
January 29, 2015, 00:31
the guys on HK PRO are cheap bastards and want everything for nothing

Alrighty then...

G3isMe
January 29, 2015, 19:19
Looks like a Rhodie G3 ... I'd be interested in the complete bolt head and carrier assembly depending on price.

+1 those are Rhodie parts and their value is at least double what non-Rhodie parts go for. Check your trigger housing closely for an RA number. They also marked the stock hangers. Some kits I had also had a partial RA number on the little piece of receiver left on the barrel. Check all of your parts closely as they will add to the value if they have an RA number or partial number. Put them on Gunbroker and advertise them as Rhodie parts if you want to make top dollar.

Spenny
January 29, 2015, 20:34
+1 those are Rhodie parts and their value is at least double what non-Rhodie parts go for. Check your trigger housing closely for an RA number. They also marked the stock hangers. Some kits I had also had a partial RA number on the little piece of receiver left on the barrel. Check all of your parts closely as they will add to the value if they have an RA number or partial number. Put them on Gunbroker and advertise them as Rhodie parts if you want to make top dollar.

Rawles already swooped in and grabbed the RA numbered pieces. Lol.

jam762
January 29, 2015, 20:41
My add is here http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382095.

Fair marked value is what I was looking for. It's a hobby...

I'm honest in my evaluation of anything I buy or sell.

G3isMe
January 29, 2015, 21:40
Yea you did fine. I look at it as trying to make a little off an item but not to the point where I feel I screwing a fella. I was selling some of my complete RA marked G3 kits for probably $250 a while ago. meh, I paid $99 for them so I was okay with that. Someone told me to check if they had RA marks, kind of like your post here, and all of mine did, as did all of the kits I had built into rifles. I ended up selling the rest of my kits on Gunbroker as RA marked kits and I was getting $500+ for them. Now that was several years ago so I am sure they are going for even more. I got all of my kits from FAC in MN and have since heard that they had a lot of the RA marked G3 kits that went on the market. I bet there are all lot of Century G3's running around with RA marks. I always thought it odd that the Rhodesians marked their numbers on the bottom of the bolt carrier where it would be so worn. Hey, what do I know as those marks are still visible..