PDA

View Full Version : Good read "loosing Ammerica"

one hand clapping
January 26, 2015, 10:04
greetings all.
Just wanted to share a good book I just finished. I stopped in the local library last week after going to the PO for PMO's,, to use their highspeed connection to look at some of the videos you guys post. When I was about to leave , I spotted a book in the WV authors section by Senator Byrd called "losing America".
I skimmed it and decided to check it out. Took all of about six hrs to read-
I HIGHLY recommend it.
He wrote this right after 9-11, the neo-cons bum rush to war, and destabilazation in north Africa.
He names names and gives good insight to what was going down behind the scenes. He is real hard on rummy , shrub, the creation of homeland security/gesstapo , and the loss of our rights under the evolving facist cabal. He tells of the no bid contracts and the lies they were told by the admin to get them to give em blank war checks.
The kicker is that as you read , one can see the ducks line right up to put us where we are today.
You could release the exact same book today , change the names of a few players , like incerting barry for shrub or holder for ashcroft and it would read like volume #2.

I know folks make fun of Byrd for his former KKK roots and all -BUT he got past that and was a good man. I'm not thrilled with all the fed offices, secret bug out bunkers and such he got built here, but he was a protector of our constitution, and the working stiff. If you read this book, you will come away with a new view of him-in spite of his friendship with that damn yankee "teddy".
I respect R Byrd, may he rest in peace.

Anyhow, just thought I'd pass it along.

"losing America"
Confronting a reckless and arrogant presdency
by Robert C Byrd
ISBN 0-393-05942-1

FALonious
January 26, 2015, 10:11
If you read this book, you will come away with a new view of him-in spite of his friendship with that damn yankee "teddy".

Oh not you too :(:facepalm: