PDA

View Full Version : Pricing Help Needed

perryturner
January 24, 2015, 22:27
I've got an AK I would like to sell, but I don't know what to ask. It's an Arsenal USA/Global Trades (Houston, TX) SSR-56-2. Made in USA 1.6mm thick receiver, Poly-Tec barrel, blond Bulgarian hardwood stock and hanguards. About 200 rounds through it. Looks almost new. Still have box, but can't find sling.

What's a reasonable asking price?

Thanks,
Perry

hueyville
January 24, 2015, 23:04
I believe you have the post ban parts kit version. 675 to 725 if built on a Ohio receiver. Tapping a grand if built on an original Hungarian receiver and parts kit, if preban Hungarian built, 1,500 to 2,000 from what I was just told. Those are fine weapons if you have an earlier build, as years went buy and original parts became scarcer they got crappy. The Ohio guns habe 1.4mm recievers and have been known to suck.. This is from a text I just sent to a buddy who I happen to know that has two and would not sell for love or money but his are early versions.

W.E.G.
January 24, 2015, 23:06
Market is flooded with cheap AK's right now.

Shitload of Arsenal AK's on GoneBroker right now, and not selling.

You are selling your Arsenal to a limited audience.
Most AK buyers just want one to shoot dirt. You don't need an Arsenal AK to be a dirt-shooter.

Arsenals that sell look like they are going $700 - $850.

If you want it gone, post it up there on a two-week no reserve auction.
Post excellent pics, and write an excellent description.
You will get what its worth.

perryturner
January 25, 2015, 10:14
This is not an Arsenal Inc. (Las Vegas). It's from a company in Houston that went out of business 6-8 years ago after their Eastern European parts were cut off. Before that happened, the company name was changed to Armory USA/Global Trades.

The rifle was built with Bulgarian parts, except for the Norinco barrel. The receiver was made in Houston. It's stamped Arsenal USA Houston TX.

W.E.G.
January 25, 2015, 10:34
Then probably less, since it sounds like its pedigree is uncommon.

If it shoots good, there's not enough money to be gotten out of it on GoneBroker.

If you want it gone, sell it to a friend for a "good deal," and be done with it.
At least that's how I get rid of not-worth-much guns that I've stumbled into.

Brian in MN
January 25, 2015, 11:12
You will be competing against $600 Century crap. Your rifle is much, much better. I'd lean toward the high end of huey's range or even a bit more and market it to someone who does not want to deal with the Century or IO crowd. Do a little research and include it in your ad. There is still plenty of internet chatter about these rifles out there, some of it dating back to when they were in production. People had nice things to say about them.

A decent kit with a genuine military barrel will cost you $600 today.

Nomad, 2nd
January 25, 2015, 17:12
Keep it till the election insanity starts.

Texgunner
January 25, 2015, 22:07
Perry, I don't know much about your model, but the earlier Global Trades AKs were works of art at one time. Back around 2000-2001, they built SSR-85 rifles. They were built from unfired Polish kits, on Hungarian FEG receivers with beautiful steamed elm furniture (man, it would've looked great on expensive living room furniture). The SSR-85C models were AK-type while the SSR-85B models were AKM pattern. I have a friend with one that is about the most perfectly finished AK I've ever seen. I had one just like it, extremely accurate but I had to return it to Global(Ron Yates) for a full refund (long story). I would think your rifle is also a fine piece. Good luck!

his SSR-85C:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y292/Texgunner/GlobalTradesSSR85CandImbelFAL-2.jpg (http://s7.photobucket.com/user/Texgunner/media/GlobalTradesSSR85CandImbelFAL-2.jpg.html)

perryturner
January 26, 2015, 21:42
Thanks for all the info. I can't find any recent (3-4 years) sales of these rifles. They just didn't make many of them before their parts dried up.

G3isMe
January 26, 2015, 21:50
Thanks for all the info. I can't find any recent (3-4 years) sales of these rifles. They just didn't make many of them before their parts dried up.

These are much better quality than the Vegas Arsenal AKs. Here is a link about the evolution of the milled rifles, not the same as yours but a cool read none the less. I have two of these milled receivers, one built on an old Hungarian kit, the other waiting to be built on a Bulgarian kit. I will never sell them. I had one like yours years ago and would love another...

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_76/58135_The_Arsenal_USA_Gordon_Technologies_SSR_99_K _101_Project_.html&page=1

Texgunner
January 26, 2015, 22:45
And here is bit of info on the SSR-85C and B models, including good pics:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_4_77/146929_Arsenal_USA__FEG_SA_85M__SSR_85C__some_ques tions.html

johndoe
February 18, 2015, 19:29
Keep it till the election insanity starts.

I agree,if you don't need the money. Not to sound like a questioning dush, but with all those foreign parts What are the 922r parts on it?

perryturner
February 18, 2015, 19:54
Not to sound like a questioning dush, but with all those foreign parts What are the 922r parts on it?Beats me. It was commercially built by a company in Houston. I sold it a couple of weeks ago.