PDA

View Full Version : More kudos to GP

Mark IV
January 21, 2015, 21:04
I sent Mark my para lower for a trigger job.

I was almost tempted to buy one of those drop-in 3# trigger groups until I read posts about how much of a problem they were. Mark had done work for me in the past, so I was familiar with the quality of his work.

The lower just came back today. Wow, what a difference. When you pull the trigger uncocked, you feel the usual take up; when you cock the hammer, there's no take up at all, you're pulling THE trigger. The pull feels <6 lbs. and has a nice clean break.

Can't wait to put the scope on this and take it to the range.

I have another para lower that I'm going to send to GP for the same treatment.

Thanks again, Mark. :beer:

4x401
January 21, 2015, 22:04
I sent Mark my para lower for a trigger job.

I was almost tempted to buy one of those drop-in 3# trigger groups until I read posts about how much of a problem they were. Mark had done work for me in the past, so I was familiar with the quality of his work.

The lower just came back today. Wow, what a difference. When you pull the trigger uncocked, you feel the usual take up; when you cock the hammer, there's no take up at all, you're pulling THE trigger. The pull feels <6 lbs. and has a nice clean break.

Can't wait to put the scope on this and take it to the range.

I have another para lower that I'm going to send to GP for the same treatment.

Thanks again, Mark. :beer:

Nice to know. What was the turn around time?

Mark IV
January 22, 2015, 23:34
'bout seven weeks.

Turnaround time is secondary when quality is paramount.

4x401
January 22, 2015, 23:54
Turnaround time is secondary when quality is paramount.

That goes without saying. But when someone is faced with time constraints beyond their ability to control, knowing a Reasonable timeline is helpful..:wink:

gunplumber
January 23, 2015, 09:58
It's a matter of juggling priorities.

My target for any FAL work is 6-8 weeks. If I have 4 lowers in for trigger work, I'm going to do all 4 at the same time, even if one just got there.

On the other hand I have 2 problem HKs and 2 problem FALs and 2 problem AKs that have been here for 6+ months.

If I had a week turnaround, it would be because I was a crappy gunsmith.