PDA

View Full Version : Korean Glock Mag

stoner
January 17, 2015, 16:58
I ordered some Glock factory mags from Centerfire, when the package got here, they were not factory, but were Korean mags. They did charge the lower price.

I have / read that these mags were to be avoided. I tried the one for the G-19. No problems. Is there really an issue with the Korean mags?

Thanks for the advice!

garyd1961
January 17, 2015, 20:25
I know their FAL mags are crap but he Korean Glock mags I have work fine. I keep Factory mags in my guns and just use the Korean mags for practice though.

yellowhand
January 17, 2015, 20:37
I use them all the time, work fine.

xtremerange
January 17, 2015, 23:07
Use a couple of 17 and 19 Korean mags. Range and plinking only (not like I shoot anywhere else). Always worked fine. Probably a couple hundred rounds each.

stoner
January 18, 2015, 10:00
I use them all the time, work fine.

Thanks yellowhand. I did not know if I should return them or not. Like I said, I tried the M19 one, no problems. But have always heard bad reports.
Big diff in price though. Guess I will only use these for range use only for awhile.

Thanks for your report.

gunplumber
January 18, 2015, 10:18
I'd return them for a full refund including shipping, just on principle.

I don't know how good they are, because I've never bought one. Why on earth would I by an aftermarket mag to save a measly - $5-$10? I'd skip lunch at Taco Bell and buy the mag with the 30 year track record.

Magazines are the weakest link of any semiauto - so always buy the best.

W.E.G.
January 18, 2015, 10:20

I don't know how good they are, because I've never bought one. Why on earth would I by an aftermarket mag to save a measly - $5-$10? I'd skip lunch at Taco Bell and buy the mag with the 30 year track record.

TRUTH.

SAFN49
January 18, 2015, 12:15
I have not had good luck with Centerfire. ^^^^^What GP and Weg said!^^^^. I would return them and get factory mags.

yellowhand
January 18, 2015, 12:22
The 19 mags seem to be good out of the package, the 17 and 22 mags might need a little work.
The flash where the witness holes were cut sometimes are not real clean on the inside and needs to be taken care of.
Just pop them apart and use a small flat file and rub off the flashing and they seem to work fine after that.
The KCI 22 mags will also feed 9mm, at least some of them will.
Found out by mistake when I loaded one with 9mm vs 40SW and it feed fine.
The factory Glock 22 mags won;t do that.

AIM and others are now selling factory Glock mags (police surplus) for same price as KCI. 10 or 12 each.
You can also find them on here, FF from time to time.
I picked up 12 Glock 21 factory mags for 12 each from AIM not that long ago.
Same for Glock 22 mags, 10 to 12 range for used police surplus factory.

Like WEG and Gunplumber said above, I only carry Glock factory mags in my carry guns and only those I have 100% confidence in.
AND, if ever the need arises to carry a handgun into known harms way again, will have a SW model 19 on my strong side, as well as automatics somewhere else:biggrin:

VALMET
January 18, 2015, 12:35

Agree with this 100%^^ I've never bought any but a friend bought a few of them and has experienced some feeding problems in his Glock 17...and it was only the Korean ones, OEM mags worked 100%.

garyd1961
January 18, 2015, 13:24
I got mine when the factory mags were hard to find. I did take them apart and smooth out the (flash?) extra plastic along the seams. I'm not sure if that is why they work now or not, never tried them before.

ftierson
January 18, 2015, 15:05
Generally, I agree with the idea of using Glock factory mags. I carry a Glock 17 (with a Glock 17rd mag) with a Glock 18 backup mag. That gives me 50 rds to get to a rifle. If I can't manage that, well, I'm probably phucked anyway...

Since I have a few Glock 17s, I have a lot of factory Glock 17 mags. And a bunch of Glock 18 mags. I have never experienced mag failures with any of these.

There was a time when the Korean G17 mags were so cheap that I considered (well, my OCD almost made me) picking up several dozen (mostly because the reviews of the Korean G17 mags have been pretty favorable). By the time that I decided to do it, the G17 mags had kind of dried up (G19 were still available) and I ended up with none.

I did buy a dozen or so of the Korean Glock 21 25rd mags, just because... (and, at the time, our stupid 15rd mag sale law was looming on the horizon here in Colorado). Never hurts to provide against future need if you can, you know. Having said all this, I have not tried the 25rd G21 mags to date, so they may simply be crap... :)

My point is mostly that I agree that Glock factory mags are cheap enough that there is no need to go with something that may be almost as good, even if it is almost as good (and that's open to question).

Forrest

rowjimmy
January 18, 2015, 21:26
I tried a few and they sucked. The follower would bind up when loading by hand. i never even tried them at the range. Now, maybe you could spend the time touching up the rough plastic seems inside and out, but why should you have to do that when you buy a new product?

Buy Glock mags. It's just not worth it.

fnogger
January 20, 2015, 15:03
Be aware that KCI is being liquidated ... http://www.kcimags.com/liquidation-sale/

DYNOMIKE
January 21, 2015, 14:43
IIRC the K mags don't have the metal liner inside like factory GLOCK mags have.. As such they are prone to feeding issues..
Basically they sux, buy GLOCK mags and you're GTG..