PDA

View Full Version : First time sending in Form 1& 4. Couple of questions.

FC-BEAVERS
January 14, 2015, 11:36
Dealer finally received my .338BA suppressor and handed me the Form 4 to fill out & send to the ATF. I would like to send a few Form 1s for the two V53 pistols I have as well but had a couple of questions before I send this stuff off.

1. Since I am going the NFA Trust route and used the latest Form 1s, Do I need to include Form 5330.20 (Certificate of Compliance) along with them?

2. Do I need to include just one copy of my trust for all 3 or separate copies for each Form?

3. To review the above does this look correct? Am I missing something?:

-Two copies of Form 4
-Copy of my Trust
-$200 Check

-Two copies of BOTH Form 1s
-Two copies of my Trust
-Two $200 Checks

Sampson1986
January 14, 2015, 18:28
1. Since I am going the NFA Trust route and used the latest Form 1s, Do I need to include Form 5330.20 (Certificate of Compliance) along with them?

I always include it although I don't think it is a requirement to do so with a Form 4. Not sure about a Form 1.

It only takes a couple minutes to fill out.

2. Do I need to include just one copy of my trust for all 3 or separate copies for each Form?

Not sure on this. I thought Form 1's and Form 4's went to different places. If that's the case, I'd think you'd want one copy with the F1s and one copy with the F4.

Hopefully somebody else can chime in with the answer.

-Two copies of Form 4
-Copy of my Trust
-$200 Check

-Two copies of my Trust
-Two $200 Checks

I believe you have everything you need. Just make sure you include all amendments, schedules, etc with your trust paperwork.

MattK512
January 16, 2015, 11:51
You're stuck to the slow boat for the form 4, but why not efile the form1?

I think you are doing it correctly for both, but my most recent SBR was done via Form 1 and it was very easy. Took only 34 calender days for completion from the time I submitted it online to the time they emailed me with the approval.

eFile Form 1s are only allowed with Trust, so you qualify to fill it out online and it does not require the 5330.20. The credit card payment takes a day or two to clear and the next message you'll get is the approval.

There are a couple of "how to's" online for the eFile Form1s. I'm around Austin, so SilencerShop is in my backyard - made my first Form4's easy and they are great with answering questions about eFile - even on form1s.

dtom29
January 16, 2015, 15:55
Dealer finally received my .338BA suppressor and handed me the Form 4 to fill out & send to the ATF. I would like to send a few Form 1s for the two V53 pistols I have as well but had a couple of questions before I send this stuff off.

-Two copies of Form 4
-Copy of my Trust
-$200 Check

-Two copies of my Trust one copy of Trust -Two $200 Checks one $400 check

You can't send form 1 and form 4's together...they go to different addresses.

FC-BEAVERS
January 16, 2015, 21:03
You can't send form 1 and form 4's together...they go to different addresses.

My Form 4 that came from my dealer has the exact Atlanta, GA address as the the Form 1 that I got off the ATF website.

Sampson1986
January 17, 2015, 11:34
My Form 4 that came from my dealer has the exact Atlanta, GA address as the the Form 1 that I got off the ATF website.

If I remember correctly, they used to go directly to Martinsburg, West Virginia. I've never submitted a Form 1 but several people have noted that they were a little faster than a Form 4. Now that Form 1s go to Atlanta, they'll probably take longer to be approved. Thank you, Feds, for ******* that up. Is there anything the government doesn't turn to shit?

dtom29
January 18, 2015, 20:56
Submit in Duplicate to:
National Firearms Act Branch
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms
and Explosives, P.O. Box 530298
Atlanta, GA 30353-0298
(Form 4)

To: National Firearms Act Branch, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, 244 Needy Road, Suite 1250, Martinsburg, WV 25405
(form 1)

Damn, I've been using an old version of the form 1....huh, It still got there and was approved without a problem.

Edit, You can still use one Trust copy and one check for both Form 1's, obviously I have never mixed Forms so I can't address that.