PDA

View Full Version : Sig 226 and +P+ ammo?

Old Sarge
January 10, 2015, 20:32
Hi All
I have Sig P 226 that I picked up as a used gun. No manual or anything. So anyone know if they are rated for +P+ ammo?

Thanks
Old Sarge

douglas
January 10, 2015, 20:52
The Sig P-226 is a great 9mm pistol. I don't think that they are rated for +p+ ammo. You can shoot regular power 9mm for training and use +p+ ammo for your carry use. It probably won't hurt the pistol if you fired a few +p+ through it to see where it hit in relations to the standard 9mm ammo.
Shoot Sig an e-mail and they will give you the straight skinny on it.

Guy-epic
January 10, 2015, 21:29
Sig was going for the military contract so you basically can't over load it go nato +P+! You could step up the the spring with a wolf, I would. My P225 has shot a ton of nato ammo and SXT whinchester, also my friend that reloads has done some 115 gr. that I think was near 1500 fps that kinda scared me, actually freaked me out. The highest I had ever seen was 1400 fps. I have read but don't believe that guys have gotten to 1700 fps. I am just learning about reloading, and I don't buy it with that much pressure. But verify with sig I am interested in what they say

Bruce Allen
January 10, 2015, 22:49
The P226 is factory rated for anything that meets SAAMI or NATO specs.

Many police agencies that carry the SIG issue +P or +P+ ammo.

My old department has used the P225 and P226 for 20 years now and I still have it and have fired many, many rounds thru it to include high pressure stuff and there is no unusual wear nor accuracy loss.

My only complaint is I have small hands and the grip is a little large.

Go for it. It will out last you.

Old Sarge
January 11, 2015, 10:52
Thanks, I am looking at picking up a case of the Winchester 127grn JHP +P+ ammo for serious social work.

Old Sarge

moonbat60
January 12, 2015, 21:55
OS, velocity is not all of the picture. I normally stick with 9mm heavyweights at 147gr. in +P range.

Guy-epic
January 12, 2015, 21:55
Thanks, I am looking at picking up a case of the Winchester 127grn JHP +P+ ammo for serious social work.

Old Sarge

It will eat it up and spit it out, more then you can throw at it!

K.O.A.M.
January 14, 2015, 09:46
We ran +P+ as duty loads. I'd start with a fresh recoil spring because it's a new pistol and change it every few thousand rounds or so.

Otis Treekiller
January 14, 2015, 11:00

Old Sarge

Damn, how many people you plan on socializin'?