PDA

View Full Version : This sounds like a stupid question...

mofugger
January 03, 2015, 22:47
How much power over gun rights can a Governor take? In PA an anti-gun idiot was just elected, and I read somewhere that he may attempt to ban NFA firearms.

Thanks.

Artful
January 03, 2015, 23:55
Not being a lawyer in PA - I would defer to answer.

But being a smart ass - I will say it would depend upon your state laws. :D

K. Funk
January 04, 2015, 08:39
Mr. Wolf would be making a very big mistake if he tried to take on any of the gun owning segments in PA including NFA. Dem or Repub, PA takes it's guns and hunting very seriously. In any event, I have heard nothing of this but will check through some of my NFA channels.

krf

Gazz
January 04, 2015, 09:02
I would be concerned. Look what that Cuomo guy did in your neighboring state - the SAFE Act. I am thinking there are many fudd type gun owners that will not care if NFA stuff is totally banned.

mofugger
January 04, 2015, 21:19
Mr. Wolf would be making a very big mistake if he tried to take on any of the gun owning segments in PA including NFA. Dem or Repub, PA takes it's guns and hunting very seriously. In any event, I have heard nothing of this but will check through some of my NFA channels.

krf

Thanks,
It was something I read somewhere and I really hope that it was incorrect. I hope that he wouldn't be that stupid to take such a radical move.

stimpsonjcat
January 08, 2015, 11:31
Under the original intent of the Constitution, local government COULD have had more restrictions than the fed.

But now with the McDonald ruling we have 'incorporation' so the Fed then claims power to compel States to do what it says.

I know there is law in NC that prevents NFA without local Sheriff approval, and he doesn't sign, so a de facto ban. Which was sort of what Emerson supposedly killed.

I will say they shouldn't be able to, but in current environment will likely get away with it if they pass it.

Sounds like that would be hard where you are...and that's good.

Lee Carpentieri
January 09, 2015, 04:16
In Dade county Florida IE Miami they don't have a sheriff, They have metropolitian police force and the chief won't sign off on form 4's, But the way around it is to file a corporation or LLC OR, A living will trust as the state follows the US Constitution, So in Dade county everybody does the LLc or corporate route or Living will trust route. With the corp or LLc, It doesn't matter what your selling, baseball cards,beenie babies, You name it and it can be done out of your house because of the internet as a business office or just a Living will trust. Federal law states that with a living will trust nobody has the right to tell you how to spend your money under the 14th admendment of the US Constitution. I was going to do it to our Sheriff in my county as he's an elected offical and not an LEO and anybody can run for sheriff in Florida, You DON'T have to be an LEO to run for office. Our sheriif wouldn't sign, So he had to appoint an actual LEO to sign as the feds wouldn't allow him to sign, Plus we found out that 14 attornees filed writ of mandamus' against him in court which caused him to assign someone in his agency to sign or get sued over his personal beliefs as thier is no county law against owning NFA weapons and NO county in the state of Florida has such an ordinance.

stimpsonjcat
January 09, 2015, 11:06
Fascinating, Lee.

J. Armstrong
January 09, 2015, 11:10
I heard this rumor as well. I think he will have his hands full in other areas, and I doubt whether he would have significant success with any 2a legislation if he tried, but I wouldn't take that for granted. He is a major league asshat who, as is usual, got in on the liberal left voters in Philly and Pittsburgh.

Bubacus
January 10, 2015, 10:20
When Romney was Governer in MA...He screwed us huge. Kept the AW ban of 94 alive here permanently even after it expired.

Even with that...I had to vote for him when he was running for president as he was lesser of two evils. A truly bitter pill to swallow those votes.

m60shooter
January 10, 2015, 16:00
i'm with you on the romney thing, when he was running against obama everyone here was talking about how bad obama was on gun issues & romney was the good guy. none of them knew about him banning assault weapons in Massachusetts as governer, he ALREADY had proven himself as an anti gunner !

bad news is i just saw today on the news he's thinking about running again, oh man.
of course he may have flip flopped on that issue by now !