PDA

View Full Version : top cover scope mt

gunseller
December 30, 2014, 08:38
Does anyone know where I can get a good quality scope mt that replaces the dust cover on an Ak? I am looking for a friend of mine.
Thanks
Steve

George4
December 30, 2014, 23:54
http://www.texasweaponsystems.com/product-p/32310.htm

Here you go......proven mount for an AK

johndoe
January 02, 2015, 15:13
That looks like a very nice mount and I have looked at them before but I always shy away from getting one because of the price. Is it worth it?

148Infantry
January 03, 2015, 11:16
Depends on what you consider "worth it". Do you have a nice Arsenal AK shooting 2.5 MOA in 5.56 or 5.45. Or are you struggling with the AK iron sights with human eye limitations. Do you have a beater WASR that shoots 6 MOA?
What I'm getting at is its very hard to say "is it worth it". Those TWS and the AKARS mounts are very solid and good to go top mounts. If you require an optic on an AK, I'd highly recommend. It comes down to its your $ spend it how you like. I personally have my AKs set up in vintage Cold War military configurations. So just irons for me, still wack the hell out of a silhouette target at 300m with my Troy Sellars built AKS-74. Good enough for me.

Docwade
January 04, 2015, 19:57
I have a TWS top cover on a TGI built shortened PSL (FPK). It has an aim point m4 on it for now. Very stable. Avoid any top cover rails that only involve swapping out the top cover.

johndoe
January 06, 2015, 14:03
Depends on what you consider "worth it". Do you have a nice Arsenal AK shooting 2.5 MOA in 5.56 or 5.45. Or are you struggling with the AK iron sights with human eye limitations. Do you have a beater WASR that shoots 6 MOA?
What I'm getting at is its very hard to say "is it worth it". Those TWS and the AKARS mounts are very solid and good to go top mounts. If you require an optic on an AK, I'd highly recommend. It comes down to its your $ spend it how you like. I personally have my AKs set up in vintage Cold War military configurations. So just irons for me, still wack the hell out of a silhouette target at 300m with my Troy Sellars built AKS-74. Good enough for me.
Yes I did mean is it worth the money for the mount not is it worth putting on my crap rifle. I do think I will be trying one on my next build. My only complaint is that I don't like the fact that it takes my rear sight. I plan on building an AK in 300 BO and I think one will go on it, but that will be down the road. Thanks for the feed back.

jam762
January 06, 2015, 21:40
My 550-1 scoped will out shoot any of my AK's...scoped or not.

Sagerider
January 07, 2015, 04:58
My two cents.

nopec
January 07, 2015, 13:08
I have a beryl style rail that goes over the top cover and replaces the rear sight blade from dph arms. It's $35. I have found it to repeat zero as long as you do your part.

nopec
January 07, 2015, 13:33
I have a beryl style rail that goes over the top cover and replaces the rear sight blade from dph arms. It's $35. I have found it to repeat zero as long as you do your part.