PDA

View Full Version : Bad feedback for no reason??

MK ULTRA
December 28, 2014, 21:39
This is what happened.

I have 1 bad feedback from a member here, from 2 years ago. This is what happened. I told him I would take his part he had for sale. I PM'd him 2-3 times but He didn't answer his PM's for 4-5 days. each time. I needed this part in a week for a build for someone so I just needed him to respond with his address so I could pay him. He never did. He would not PM me back and made no effort to try and sell me his part. He was just very hard to deal with. Once our correspondence started we just pissed each other off and he refused to sell it to me. So I gave him bad feedback. In return he gave me bad feedback. Giving bad feedback because someone gave you bad FB should not even be doable. But Live and learn I guess.

thinking back on this I probably shouldn't have given him any feedback since I didn't buy or sell anything from/to him. But he was such a pain in the a$$ I just did it. He in return gave it back to me. That should not even be doable.

Anyway I PM'd the main moderator here and he would do nothing.

It's just BS that I have 1 bad FB for doing nothing wrong other than giving an AH bad feedback.

Just wanted others opinion on this.

Thanks.

2barearms
December 28, 2014, 22:04
You would better served under these types of circumstances to draw and
quarter them in the 'Reviews' section. Most folks who are asshats don't generally read the reviews section, Mojomatic being an exception. Since there are few exceptions where a moderater would intervene in a squabble between
consenting adults it's generally a bad idea, sort of like pissing in a fan.

4x401
December 29, 2014, 01:02
I can see the butthurt here...And I'm not surprised it comes from you.:facepalm:

Its not up to a seller to give you what you want if they Don't Want To...And for you to leave a Neg feed back for a deal you didn't have any $$$ out for is ludicrous.. :facepalm:

You suffering from some sandginous brother??

Right Side Up
December 29, 2014, 01:38
This is just me.....but if there is no money lost, there's no real reason to warn others. If people gave neg feedback just because someone pisses them off we wouldn't know who or who not to buy from. .

Popacap
December 29, 2014, 04:18
Usually when someone doesn't return a message its because the item is no longer available. If a seller doesn't answer me I just move on to the next seller, especially if I need the item in a hurry. If I need to have a gun fixed within a week I'm not going to sit around for 4 or 5 days of that week waiting for a seller to answer a PM, I'm going to the next seller in order to get the gun fixed on schedule. Leaving bad feedback in this case was probably not a good idea.:whistling:

One negative out of 31 is not too bad, but 5 out of 31 I would be concerned.

MK ULTRA
December 29, 2014, 05:24
I can see the butthurt here...And I'm not surprised it comes from you.:facepalm:

Its not up to a seller to give you what you want if they Don't Want To...And for you to leave a Neg feed back for a deal you didn't have any $$$ out for is ludicrous.. :facepalm:

You suffering from some sandginous brother??

You don't even know me.

Yes I should have handled this different. At the time it seemed like the thing to do. You really had to be there. The guy was a real a$$ hole.

Either way my main point now is If you give someone negative feedback they should not be able to give it in return.

Anyway this got to bothering me and I just wanted to rant. I'm not much for wining about things. last night was the first time in 14 yrs I texted a moderator. I didn't say anything 2 years ago when it happened. I'm not sure we had the review section then.

I've just been here too long and done too many things for people to have negative feedback for no reason. I just wanted to rant. Thanks, hope you all had a Merry Christmas and have a happy and safe New Years.

Andy the Aussie
December 29, 2014, 17:24
We would need to know his side of the story mate to know if his "Negative" to you was reasonable or not I guess, in his mind however you may have "earned" it. At the end of the day a seller can choose to sell to whoever they choose, or in your case whoever they choose not to, that may not mean they or you are in the wrong.

Two years on I would certainly be building a bridge mate.

gunplumber
December 29, 2014, 18:07
If a seller posts an item for sale, and someone agrees to buy it (agreeing to any terms and conditions) and then fails to follow through with providing you an address to send the money to, then they are in material breech and deserve a negative feedback. I see it as no different than the buyer not sending the money. And yeah, I've dealt with people who take a week to reply - got no use for them. They have the time to post the ad, they have time to resolve any logistical questions. As I've said before, door-to-door, for each party, in no more than 7 business days or 10 calendar days.

Retaliatory negative feedback should result in a ban from using marketplace.

On the other hand, if a guy is a dickhead, I'm under no obligation to accept his "I'll take it."

But again, we don't have the other side of the story.

Personally, I'm comfortable dealing with someone running a 1-3% negative feedback. Knowing how unreasonable and irrational some people are, I'm actually a little suspicious of someone with a lot of transactions and 100% positive feedback.

Heck, I got a negative feedback on a part, from a guy on gunbroker, because he had a question on how to install, but refused to provide me with the information on his gun that I needed in order to tell him how to install the part.

Invictus77
December 29, 2014, 18:15
If a seller posts an item for sale, and someone agrees to buy it (agreeing to any terms and conditions) and then fails to follow through with providing you an address to send the money to, then they are in material breech and deserve a negative feedback. I see it as no different than the buyer not sending the money. And yeah, I've dealt with people who take a week to reply - got no use for them. They have the time to post the ad, they have time to resolve any logistical questions. As I've said before, door-to-door, for each party, in no more than 7 business days or 10 calendar days.

Retaliatory negative feedback should result in a ban from using marketplace.

But again, we don't have the other side of the story.

Personally, I'm comfortable dealing with someone running a 1-3% negative feedback. Knowing how unreasonable and irrational some people are, I'm actually a little suspicious of someone with a lot of transactions and 100% positive feedback.

Heck, I got a negative feedback on a part, from a guy on gunbroker, because he had a question on how to instal, but refused to provide me with the information on his gun that I needed in order to tell him how to install the part.

+1

It is sorta like shooting targets. No matter how good the rifle, the ammo, and the shooter may be, there can still be the occasional stray round that cannot reasonably or easily be explained as to "why?".

You gotta look at the general grouping of several examples, then judge the overall performance from there rather than the oddball outlier.

PS- MK you have 31 positives and one negative. I would deal with you in a heart beat with no worries.