View Full Version : NodakSpud receiver

December 28, 2014, 19:47
I'm planning a first build on a polish fixed stock parts kit. From what I hear Nodakspud receivers are the best. Looking at their website they have the receiver with all the holes drilled. I'm concerned with the front trunnion holes lining up exactly. It seems there might be slight variations in hole locations from one trunnion batch to another.

December 28, 2014, 19:54
Buy one without the holes pre-drilled and you can out them wherever you want...

Having said that, the pre-drilled ones pretty much always work very well indeed.

December 29, 2014, 01:42
Thanks Forrest. being my first build. I'd rather as many holes be drilled as possible. There's enuff other stuff I could screw up!

December 29, 2014, 18:50
last year nodak had reversed one of its process and the receivers would rust out w/in the rails.. I think its all solved so don't buy one else's extra.. Arms of America has Mc Kay receivers for $55 but no predrilled holes.. used a few ak74 receivers w/no issues but yeah drilling the holes w/out a jig is a pain..cbr:fal:

January 04, 2015, 20:05
nodaks were all rusting in the rail welds and in the center support rivet. It's residual salt left behind from the molten salt hardening process. There are instructions with every receiver now indicating how to store receivers if not building right away, how to soak in hot water to dissolve any residual salt, and re-oil if not building. They now come with a black oxide finish instead of the bare metal (blue hue from the hardening process). They are still one of the top receivers available.

Marcus von W.
January 13, 2015, 11:57
If you are building up a nice Polish kit, you might consider making it as "Polish" as possible using one of the fully heat-treated and hardened Polish made receivers from Childers Guns. These are imported as 80% blanks, and finished and hardened by Cameron "The Dark Knight" Childers. You can order one with the same serial number as your kit

David Teague
January 13, 2015, 12:48
Id advise either Childers or Nodak, both are fine receivers. I've built on both.

You can geek out with Childers by ordering "selector cuts", Polish markings, matching serial number to your kit. His receivers are made from 80 % Polish Blanks and have the Y stamp in front of the 2nd pin.

PS Don't drill the Y stamp... the Feds take a very dim view of activating that 3rd pin. :facepalm:

January 13, 2015, 14:41
Childers is pretty good stuff. They get my vote