PDA

View Full Version : ZIP

C2A1
December 28, 2014, 11:21
Anyone here try the 22 ZIP pistol? Odd little creature.

brunop
December 28, 2014, 11:29
No. Every review on the planet says it is a POS that can't feed 2 or 3 rounds without experiencing some sort of FTF, FTE, or FTTM (Failure To The Max).

SAFN49
December 28, 2014, 11:33
Maybe I would if the price comes down. It looks like $100 piece to me.

C2A1
December 28, 2014, 17:53
Saw buds gun shop has them for $142.00. Just a passing thought.

W.E.G.
December 28, 2014, 18:31
Just go ahead and shoot yourself in the foot with a gun you already own.

Save the $100.

catmguy445
December 29, 2014, 00:40
Maybe I would if the price comes down. It looks like $100 piece to me.

I think your decimal point is off by one place. It should be $10, not $100.

Doug Donnelly, the man who used to run USRA (U.S. Repeating Arms) is the person who came up with the idea for the ZIP. God only knows why. USRA was making the best Single Action Army revolvers available and had a good business going. He scrapped the machinery and tooling for the single actions to pay for the equipment to make the ZIP. Personally, I think he's lost his mind. He ditched a perfectly good product that was selling well and making money for the company in favor of this ridiculous little piece of junk he calls a ZIP. The thing has no useful function, it's ugly (or at the very least, weird looking), it doesn't work most of the time, and when it does work, it isn't accurate. Why on earth anyone would buy one of the things is beyond me.

So C2A1, if you really want to buy one, go ahead, but don't say we didn't warn you that it was a total piece of junk.