PDA

View Full Version : Exodus: Gods and Kings

moonbat60
December 23, 2014, 00:00
Hey guys,

tonight I watched Exodus: Gods and Kings starring Christian Bale. After reading some reviews elsewhere that were mostly negative, I'd like to add my .02.

It was a 2 1/2 hour epic movie, that never got boring. Sure, it was not historically accurate here and there, but overall it was well made.

Christian Bale did a great job as Moses leading his people out of Egypt. Joel Edgerton (Andy the Aussie might know him better as he's from Down Under, too), did also a good job playing Pharaoh Ramses, sometimes just a little too human for a god-king, but hell-bent on revenge after the the Hebrew people left the country.

The battle scenes were also acted well with quite a bit of chariots racing, horses and sword action.

All in all, I did not see it as a waste of time and money.

4x401
December 23, 2014, 00:03
Too Hollywood for me. I'll stick with my buddy Charlton Heston & The Ten Commandments..:bigangel:

December 23, 2014, 01:18
moses went from a baby in a basket to smackin down the most powerful man in the world, truly an epic tale.

mountainman
December 25, 2014, 12:46
Well, if you put god in the Equation then all ------ are --------.

yellowhand
December 25, 2014, 13:00
Who won?:wink:

moonbat60
December 25, 2014, 16:10
yh, Moses and the Hebrew people won, with God's help (and Hollywood's special effects, of course).

308/223shooter
December 25, 2014, 16:29
God always wins. It is after all, His game to begin with.

yellowhand
December 25, 2014, 17:36
yh, Moses and the Hebrew people won, with God's help (and Hollywood's special effects, of course).

Several of our folks were talking about going to see it and our Rabbi asked that question.
Who won?
I was the only one laughing my ass off, besides our Rabbi.:D
People become so serious some times they forget to laugh about themselves.

mountainman
December 25, 2014, 18:06
Several of our folks were talking about going to see it and our Rabbi asked that question.
Who won?
I was the only one laughing my ass off, besides our Rabbi.:D
People become so serious some times they forget to laugh about themselves.

Well, right now it seems like we are about to be handed our asses on a plate Gaza round two. I am sitting tight and holding out for a miracle, but have you been to Israel lately? If God would see us as worthy of a miracle Dayeinu?

Invictus77
December 25, 2014, 18:10
What's with all the doom and gloom about the times to come? Read the New Testiment and you'll know what's going to happen, so you can be rightly prepared.
(thanks to 308/223shooter)

:beer:

yellowhand
December 25, 2014, 18:31
Well, right now it seems like we are about to be handed our asses on a plate Gaza round two. I am sitting tight and holding out for a miracle, but have you been to Israel lately? If God would see us as worthy of a miracle Dayeinu?

Gaza does not concern me that much, its that bunch in Syria.
Brutal, highly effective, with leadership that knows exactly what they want.
Been a while since anyone has been in a war, where if you loose, you ALL die.
They have a simple plan, join us or die and enough psychopaths willing to take heads on an industrial basis.
Been a while, about three years, going back in June when school breaks for summer.
Wife has never been, a Christian, so looking forward to showing her around.
Worthy, not sure, but it will take one, if it continues down the road it has.
Have you looked at Europe of late, sos different day?
Even here, starting up again.:(

yellowhand
December 25, 2014, 18:34
What's with all the doom and gloom about the times to come? Read the New Testiment and you'll know what's going to happen, so you can be rightly prepared.
(thanks to 308/223shooter)
:beer:

:biggrin:
Some of us are simply old school, but my wife has that covered.:D

December 25, 2014, 19:42
mohammid , the imposter, was rejected by the Jews & look what his spawn have done. how many Jews have won a nobel prize compared to the spawn of ishmael?
a lot of people deride the bible but it is an amazing document. If the Jews had not brought the light of God into the life of man just imagine where we would be. Moses gave his all for his people like numerous leaders in the Bible. The self sacrifice shown by so many men & women in the bible should motivate even non believers.