PDA

View Full Version : Yugo refurbed Mod. 98s

c0wb0y84
December 17, 2014, 10:48
Any advice on these? I'm considering a cheap one to tear apart and rebuild as something else, maybe a .45 acp carbine or something. Is this a good donor or should I look for something else? Maybe a Lee-enfield?

hardass
December 17, 2014, 20:05
I guess it depends on the condition. Most Yugo 98's if seen had very good + bores

My first 98 was a Yugo refurb with most of the Nazi markings scrubbed with Yugo crest on the receiver. The receiver and barrel had some Nazi stamps under the wood. The bore was in excellent + condition. Paid $110.00 . It's one of my better shooters

If I were looking for one to convert it would have to be a real beater.

c0wb0y84
December 18, 2014, 15:20
I guess it depends on the condition. Most Yugo 98's if seen had very good + bores

My first 98 was a Yugo refurb with most of the Nazi markings scrubbed with Yugo crest on the receiver. The receiver and barrel had some Nazi stamps under the wood. The bore was in excellent + condition. Paid $110.00 . It's one of my better shooters

If I were looking for one to convert it would have to be a real beater.

The real beaters that I've seen cost twice that amount today unless you know somewhere to look that I don't.

c0wb0y84
December 19, 2014, 11:43
Well one is on the way so I guess I'll find out.

hardass
December 19, 2014, 22:59
I paid $110 back in 2004. Haven't seen any that cheap in awhile.

Let's see what it looks like when it arrives. Post it in the curios and relics section. I've seen a few post over there on conversions.

I wouldn't convert a 98 to pistol caliber. If the barrel is bad, I would just get another 8mm or a .308 barrel.

hairygreek
December 20, 2014, 02:10
The ones coming in now are "veterans" of the Balkan wars in the 1990's. I wouldn't screw with them.