PDA

View Full Version : Wow look at the bidding on this 32 acp

cavegeo
December 13, 2014, 10:36
Just crazy how people are bidding these 32 acp model 83 up! Bids are already up to $600 with a Buy it Now price of $700. Glad I got mine for less than current prices have been on the last few that we have seen go for on gunbroker.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=457586177

BIG 54R
December 13, 2014, 13:51
Wow...I love the 82/83 series of CZ pistols but that is way up there in price...

cavegeo
December 13, 2014, 14:19
Wow...I love the 82/83 series of CZ pistols but that is way up there in price...

You can still find 82/83 in 380 or 9 mm Markarov at more reasonable prices but when it come to the 32 acp the prices have been incredibly high of late. I suspect that there just were not many made in this caliber and suddenly they are very popular.

Retired Bum
December 14, 2014, 17:42
So what will a CZ 82/83 .32 ACP do that I can't do with my Walther PP? I bought the PP about ten years ago for $225 with two mags and the original box. It was a German police issue made in 1971 and in excellent condition. I bought a new Mec-Gar mag so I would the minimum of three that is a must for any auto pistol I take to the range.

Nothing against CZ handguns you understand. I have an old but decent shape CZ-52 and a purchased NIB Cz-85 9mm Combat. I just can't see paying that kind of money for a small frame .32 ACP pistol. Especially when I have a Beretta 84fs .380 with four 13 round mags and it is about the same size as the small frame CZ's.....

And so it goes.

The Retired One

cavegeo
December 14, 2014, 18:16
So what will a CZ 82/83 .32 ACP do that I can't do with my Walther PP? I bought the PP about ten years ago for $225 with two mags and the original box. It was a German police issue made in 1971 and in excellent condition. I bought a new Mec-Gar mag so I would the minimum of three that is a must for any auto pistol I take to the range.

Nothing against CZ handguns you understand. I have an old but decent shape CZ-52 and a purchased NIB Cz-85 9mm Combat. I just can't see paying that kind of money for a small frame .32 ACP pistol. Especially when I have a Beretta 84fs .380 with four 13 round mags and it is about the same size as the small frame CZ's.....

And so it goes.

The Retired One

I just find it kind of odd that these pistol are commanding such prices for a pistol I would suspect most people find little to no interest in.

ALL FAL
December 15, 2014, 23:56
There was a thread about the .32 CZ, a few guy's here on the files have been after one or another one, they are a sweet carry, so supply and demand.

kev
December 16, 2014, 10:55
There just isn't any good reason for the prices other than the standard,................"people are stupid".

AIM had the .32's for a short while in 2007. I bought two of them just before giving up the FFL; found them listed in my BB on the last page. I paid $180 apiece for them shipped. Sold one for $190(kinda wish I had that one back but nobody was interested in them at the time). Still have the other 'just because'. Don't need it but don't intend to sell it. For some reason I seem to have accidentally accumulated something of a collection of overweight .32ACP pistols so I guess I'm stuck with them. I have five or six of the .380's which are much more useful. Anybody jonesing for a .32 CZ should just buy a .380 or Makarov and get over it.

gates
December 17, 2014, 23:31
Supply and demand KEV.

kev
December 18, 2014, 17:04
I think I'll stick with "people are stupid".

I like mine and I know you like yours. Pretty sure there's another guy on the forum with one and he probably likes his too. But I'm sure none of us paid anything like 3x the cost of the exact same gun in either of the two alternate calibers. That takes a person of limited intellect,.......that's all I'm saying.

gates
December 18, 2014, 23:59
naw I got mine from a FF member I think he charged me $225 - $250, dirty as hell and front site was off by a mile - cleaned it, centered the front post and it shoots like a champ, never would have been interested if I didn't have a case of DN that was gathering dust. I think the attraction of these are the high capacity, ergonomics, and it's utility in easing newby female shooters into low recoiling centerfire pistols... and it's a hell of a lot of fun to shoot:big grin: would I pay $600 for one - NFW.