PDA

View Full Version : RIPPED OFF BY A FILES MEMBER

djfin
December 12, 2014, 15:33
Fellow FAL FILES member TRANSAM 79 has stolen $425.00 dollars from me.
Gerry list a G3 kit for sale here in the market place at the end of October. I posted a "take it" and sent a Pm to him for payment instructions. I promptly paid by Postal Money order as requested within 5 days and have been wait since. I sent two emails in November asking for shipping details with no response from Gerry. I had no contact with Gerry for a full month. On December 3rd I received an email from Gerry where he explained that his computer had been broken and he was not able to respond to my earlier emails. Gerry stated that he would ship on Friday December 5th and provide tracking info. How a broken computer prevented him from shipping the G3 kit is confusing to me as my shipping address was on the money order and on the letter sent with the money order.Why he needed two more days to ship my kit is also confusing but so be it. It has now been seven days since Gerry promised to ship and no kit, no response to my two emails this week. I have sent email via the files and his personal email with no answer. It is sad when anyone steals and worse when one member here steals from another member. My next step is going to be to file a criminal complaint against Gerry (Transam 79) on Monday.

nwobhm
December 12, 2014, 15:46
Link to ad:

http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?t=377785

Drtrumpet
December 12, 2014, 15:49
I've bought for him with no issues, good comms etc. I wonder what's up.

308/223shooter
December 12, 2014, 16:00
Divorce, illness, booze, dope, take your pick. Any one can ruin many a good man.

djfin
December 12, 2014, 16:05
I am at the point that I don't care what's up with him. He has had my money, my shipping address, my email ( both file and personal) and my phone number for over a month. His only action to date was on the 3rd when he stated that he would ship on the 5th -last Friday which he did not do. If he was having any problems other than a broken computer which had no effect on his ability to ship my kit he should have picked up the phone or let me know on the 3rd when he emailed me.. I do not believe I am asking for anything that is not reasonable.

318hyd
December 12, 2014, 16:52
Transam 79's rating is great. It is as if maybe something has happened to him and then a scammer got ahold of his handle to rip off File members. And to keep it going, the scammer uses lame stalling ploys to net in a few more bad deals. It happens.

Does anyone live near Transam 79 to see what his story is?

W.E.G.
December 12, 2014, 17:21
I don't know the guy personally.

Definitely not going to make any excuses for sloppy shipping.
Its something I'm really focused on when its my duty to deliver.

HOWEVER.

The guy has been on this board for a really long time.
First I've ever heard of such a thing in his context.

I can think of several ways the thing could have gotten sideways that do not include the elements of larceny or deceit.

May I suggest that you send a PAPER LETTER to him reminding him of what is agreed, and what is expected?

That way:

if he has ongoing issues with records on his computer, or
lost your address, or
lost contact with you through no fault of yours, or
thought he shipped it, or
delegated shipping to somebody who did not execute, or
got sick, or
got drunk, or
the cat ate his homework

Then maybe a paper letter will accomplish what electronic communication has failed to accomplish.

At least that's what I'd do before I went all 5-0 on him.

Lot of guys on this board aren't as young as they used to be. Myself included. I felt like a flaming asshat when I got dinged for being a non-paying bidder by a seller on Gunbroker. I was SURE I had paid. Remembered buying the money order... the whole nine yards. Searched heaven and earth, and finally found the damn envelope, with the money order in it, in the glove box of my car. WTF?!!!

I had driven to the post office, bought a money order, put it in a stamped, sealed envelope, and then "mailed it" by carrying it out to my car and putting it in the glove box instead of putting it in the freaking mail slot right next to where I had filled out all the information on the Money Order.

That's some stupid shit right there.

My bad.

MrM1A1
December 12, 2014, 17:25
I bought an AK kit from Gerry in Sept, took a bit to ship, but I received it as advertised within a reasonable amount of time (2 weeks IIRC). Seems to take a little longer that typical for him to ship and reply commo, but he has always come through to my knowledge.

Seems there are a few folks waiting on parts and/or commo and haven't heard from him since early Nov. So something's up, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions just yet. Gerry can be a bit slow, but I never took him for being dishonest. YMMV

djfin
December 12, 2014, 17:29
I don't know the guy personally.

Definitely not going to make any excuses for sloppy shipping.
Its something I'm really focused on when its my duty to deliver.

HOWEVER.

The guy has been on this board for a really long time.
First I've ever heard of such a thing in his context.

I can think of several ways the thing could have gotten sideways that do not include the elements of larceny or deceit.

May I suggest that you send a PAPER LETTER to him reminding him of what is agreed, and what is expected?

That way:

if he has ongoing issues with records on his computer, or
lost your address, or
lost contact with you through no fault of yours, or
thought he shipped it, or
delegated shipping to somebody who did not execute, or
got sick, or
got drunk, or
the cat ate his homework

Then maybe a paper letter will accomplish what electronic communication has failed to accomplish.

At least that's what I'd do before I went all 5-0 on him.

Lot of guys on this board aren't as young as they used to be. Myself included. I felt like a flaming asshat when I got dinged for being a non-paying bidder by a seller on Gunbroker. I was SURE I had paid. Remembered buying the money order... the whole nine yards. Searched heaven and earth, and finally found the damn envelope, with the money order in it, in the glove box of my car. WTF?!!!

I had driven to the post office, bought a money order, put it in a stamped, sealed envelope, and then "mailed it" by carrying it out to my car and putting it in the glove box instead of putting it in the freaking mail slot right next to where I had filled out all the information on the Money Order.

That's some stupid shit right there.

My bad.

I will send a letter in addition to the messages left on his home phone. However on the 3rd when he emailed me about his Friday shipping plan he made no mention of needing my address again.

W.E.G.
December 12, 2014, 17:35
I hope you receive a swift resolution, and I hope the seller is contrite, and in good health.

Guy-epic
December 12, 2014, 17:40
Give him one last chance he hooked me up when I was new if memory serves me correct or pointed me In the right direction. I am trying to remember. But I say long term guy or one year. We all deserve a chance to make things right. Heck I just lost my PC total crash! I have a friend that recovers info for living and he is having a hard time getting my info. I even backed it up, to bad I backed up the virus that killed my PC. Pictures and video of my son I can never get back. I have the video of my sons first steps on his first birthday on there. I would pay a lot to have that info. All my firearms info is on there. Years of transactions who I sold things to. Scary to think how we have come to rely on stupid computers to hold our info!

W.E.G.
December 12, 2014, 17:44
Run your backups only as data files.

Backups of software are risky, and unreliable.

4duece
December 12, 2014, 17:45
I dealt with Gerry a few times. He was a little slow at shipping but i got my stuff. When my computer is broken I go to the local library to use one of theirs to read email and do buisness. People change look at Gunsmith Tony and I'm sure that there are a few other here that went to the Dark Side over the years.:uhoh::fal:

djfin
December 12, 2014, 18:03
I dealt with Gerry a few times. He was a little slow at shipping but i got my stuff. When my computer is broken I go to the local library to use one of theirs to read email and do buisness. People change look at Gunsmith Tony and I'm sure that there are a few other here that went to the Dark Side over the years.:uhoh::fal:

A little slow is two weeks. A month is BS. If his health is good enough to take pictures, post a for sale ad and accept money then it is good enough to ship the item. A broken computer excuse is just that an excuse. He has my address to ship to. Its on the letter that went with the payment and its on the envelope. He has blown his second chance when he did not ship on the 5th. he also has my phone number but I am sure his cell phone battery is dead . Excuses don't change the facts. If you are to busy to ship items then do not list them for sale and take money.

Right Side Up
December 12, 2014, 18:08
130+ reviews and 100% feedback.

I'm going to assume you'll get your stuff soon unless something very serious is going on in his life.

Beryl
December 12, 2014, 18:13
I am not commenting on this particular instance, but I can't understand why people don't ship stuff out right away. When I sell something in the MP, the item is usually in the mail the day after I get the money, unless it's on a Friday. In any case, I always try to communicate with the buyer if it is going to take longer than a couple of days to ship. That's just courtesy.

TheRussian
December 12, 2014, 18:27
I have read of several similar complaints from people that he had dropped off the face of the earth, but he has always delivered in the end.
As I recall he has issues with internet service, but has done a lot of transactions here. 100% speaks

davesrb
December 12, 2014, 18:39
I have dealt with him before with no problems. Sure, he has been a little slow to ship, but it's happened to me also. Just last week I comitted to buying something here and told BLue Monster I was shipping him out some wood to work on. Then I had a job get delayed and another kicked off early, and a week of 14 hour days, and it took me a few days to get my MO mailed out and Rich's package still hasn't made it out.

The only reason I am concerned this time is that Gerry isn't comunicating, which is not like him. I am not worried that I am getting screwed over, just concerned for a fellow 'filer. Ok, it probably also helps that I am not waiting for these parts to get a project finished, so I am in no hurry.....

2barearms
December 12, 2014, 19:26
He's always been slow to communicate/ship but not a month. I too have
bought stuff from him here.

You could always have the local constabulary do a welfare check. I had a
guy have a heart attack and was in the hospital for a month, his BIL was
checking to see if he had mail and called me.

Jaxxas
December 12, 2014, 20:50

I'm going to assume you'll get your stuff soon unless something very serious is going on in his life.

+1

I hope so too! Transam has everything going I look for in a seller, at least so far!

EinheitElf
December 12, 2014, 21:49
Well his ad for redrilled Izzy lowers is back up in the mp soooooo.... Either he is still around or we have a mole...

:confused:

easttex
December 12, 2014, 22:12
Send him a certified letter and make sure you get a return receipt mail to you when he signs for the letter. Detail your expectations and include copies of all your communications with him. Inform him that if he fails to respond by a specific date, your next action is to move forward with a criminal complaint against him.

It sucks when you get this far into a deal gone bad but sometimes stuff happens.

RG Coburn
December 13, 2014, 01:21
Let's hope he didn't pass away. It is possible. Patience,Grasshopper...

djfin
December 13, 2014, 12:54
Let's hope he didn't pass away. It is possible. Patience,Grasshopper...

Read my first post. It clearly states that after a full month Gerry did contact on the 3rd. He made a second shipping promise that he did not keep.

djfin
December 13, 2014, 12:55
Well his ad for redrilled Izzy lowers is back up in the mp soooooo.... Either he is still around or we have a mole...

:confused:

No that is back because the members how bought those items from him are complaining about the same problem that I have

djfin
December 13, 2014, 12:59
+1

I hope so too! Transam has everything going I look for in a seller, at least so far!

So if I understand your post your idea of a good seller is someone who takes your money, blows off two shipping commitments and does not respond to any form of contact???
I guess that we have different ideas about what makes a GOOD seller.

W.E.G.
December 13, 2014, 13:56
Send him a certified letter and make sure you get a return receipt mail to you when he signs for the letter.

What idiot ever signs for a certified letter?

They are used only for the purpose of squeezing the un-intelligent.

If the postman ever shows up at your door with such a letter, DO NOT sign for it.
Tell the postman to mark it "REFUSED."

318hyd
December 13, 2014, 14:16

If the postman ever shows up at your door with such a letter, DO NOT sign for it.

:rofl:I had my coffee up to my mouth when reading your post W.E.G.
It took some time to clean my screen.

Jaxxas
December 13, 2014, 15:21
So if I understand your post your idea of a good seller is someone who takes your money, blows off two shipping commitments and does not respond to any form of contact???
I guess that we have different ideas about what makes a GOOD seller.

Your comprehension is lacking!

TRANSAM 79
Registered
Bronze Contributor

FALaholic #: 17867
Feedback Score: 133 reviews, 100%

Everything I look for in a seller!

SWOHFAL
December 13, 2014, 15:22

That apply to registered mail also?

2barearms
December 13, 2014, 17:53
That apply to registered mail also?

No

K-fal58
December 13, 2014, 22:47
Hate to hear this. Have never had a problem buying from him. Got a nice Rhody kit from him about 2 years ago and have bought parts since then with no problems.

gunplumber
December 14, 2014, 10:05
I don't care what's up with him. He has had my money,

this is the crux of the biscuit, in all cases of failure to perform. Valid excuses include coma and death. Not "life is tough, woe is me".

10 calendar days or 7 business days, door to door for payment, and door to door for delivery, or there is a breach. And I consider that generous.

djfin
December 15, 2014, 11:10
Your comprehension is lacking!

Everything I look for in a seller!

My comprehension is very good. Current actions carry way more weight than old history. Read Gerry's ad for re drilled issy lowers. Currently screwing three more members here who sent him money in the same time frame that I did. So to keep the record straight TRANSAM 79 IS CURRENTLY HOLDING MONEY FROM FOUR PEOPLE THAT HE HAS NOT RETURNED ANY CONTACT EMAILS IN A MONTH
AND HE HAS NOT SHIPPED ANY PARTS. Bernie Maddoff was a great guy right up to the point he was not. Then everybody got screwed. Read Marks post about shipping times.

djfin
December 15, 2014, 12:08
I received a phone call from Gerry very late in the night. He went thru all of the excuses I expected from working a lot to internet problems and his car was broke .Explained how he was a good guy and that I had nothing to worry about he would get my parts shipped. When I asked why he did not answer any emails or return any phone calls in the past month his excuse was the his computer was broken. How this stopped him from shipping and prevented him from returning phone messages was not answered. When I asked about the Dec 3 email with a Dec 5 ship date promise he stated that he had to work on his Jeep.
I wonder if he used the money I and the other members here sent him for parts to pay for the Jeep parts? I again stated my intention of filing criminal charges in the matter and he stated that he would definitely get my parts out if I would not file charges. When Asked to confirm my shipping address so that we would not have any more problems his answer was :no problem I have your letter right here" A letter that has both of my email addresses, shipping address and my cell phone number on it. So much for any claim of not being able to contact me.
I find it very telling that only after I send a email promising legal action that Gerry has time to contact me and again promise shipment with tracking information before he went to work today at 11:00 am. A promise by the way that he has broken as it is now 11:30 in NH and no tracking information was sent. He past actions do not change his present ones. When I mentioned the people who were also looking for the Izzy lowers to him his answer was that he needed to "start working on them". Parts he listed for sale as done and ready to go. As I stated before if you do not have time to ship items in a timely manor (SEE GUNPLUMBER'S POST) Then you should not have the time to lay out the parts, take pictures and post a for sale ad. The motion that it takes weeks and weeks to ship items that you have been paid for is A LOAD OF CRAP. Anyone who thinks that is crazy. No one here would go to a store and pay for a new TV and then sit back and wait a month for the store to show up with it. If Brownells did not ship your parts in a month you I am sure the order would be cancelled and a refund demanded. Some people need to put on big boy pants and grow up. If you cannot ship it don't sell it period.

W.E.G.
December 15, 2014, 12:44
Thanks for the detailed update.

W.E.G.
December 15, 2014, 12:47
I had my coffee up to my mouth when reading your post W.E.G.
It took some time to clean my screen.

I "sign for" NOTHING unless I'm expecting something for which I would expect (and approve) of such protocol.

Order a new iPhone, shows up 3 days later, yeah... I sign.

Random shit that some nutty neighbor, or who-knows-who, wants to send?

Fugk no.

Jaxxas
December 15, 2014, 12:49

+1

My comprehension is very good. Current actions carry way more weight than old history. Read Gerry's ad for re drilled issy lowers. Currently screwing three more members here who sent him money in the same time frame that I did. So to keep the record straight TRANSAM 79 IS CURRENTLY HOLDING MONEY FROM FOUR PEOPLE THAT HE HAS NOT RETURNED ANY CONTACT EMAILS IN A MONTH
AND HE HAS NOT SHIPPED ANY PARTS. Bernie Maddoff was a great guy right up to the point he was not. Then everybody got screwed. Read Marks post about shipping times.

Dude did you even read my posts?

okiefarmer
December 15, 2014, 14:20
No one here would go to a store and pay for a new TV and then sit back and wait a month for the store to show up with it. If you cannot ship it don't sell it period.

I can attest this statement is false. I recently bought a Champion 6 packer clays thrower. The day I bought it "in store" here at a major sports store in Tulsa, I ordered the "wobbler" optional unit. I had checked before going down to Tulsa that I could have ordered the wobbler unit on Amazon and had it delivery free in two days to my door. The thrower I was able to save mucho dineiro on it at this store. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, and to let them make another buck to boot and let them order it for me. After weekly calls and put-offs, I went back to store, and they finally admitted "We don't know WTF is going on. Got my money back and ordered it from Amazon, now $20 higher, and had it delivered free in 2 days.

Shit happens

We sometimes make mountains out of mole hills, and the old saying that life is full of little problems, and this is a little problem perhaps fits here. In the grand scheme of things, this is a little detail. Stay vigilant, things will work out.

gunplumber
December 15, 2014, 15:04
the old saying that life is full of little problems, and this is a little problem perhaps fits here. In the grand scheme of things, this is a little detail. Stay vigilant, things will work out.

Dishonest buyers/sellers are not a little deal. Nor are their apologists. That you don't consider it a big deal, is something that others should consider when choosing to do business with you.

Sure, in the perspective of one's entire life-time, an internet transaction is not of the same consequence as other life-experiences might be.

But this is here, and now, and it doesn't matter if it is $1 or $1000 - one is either dealing in good faith, or they are not.

Abominog
December 15, 2014, 15:26
Didn't Rooster get booted for something like this?

Don't recall what happened that time, but he was a great contributor, now effectively gone.

okiefarmer
December 15, 2014, 15:32
Being lied to by a snake or being lied to by an allegedly competent bidness doesn't give anyone warm fuzzies. I knew I was being lied to by the way I was passed off each time to a different store staff. Didn't make me feel any better, actually more pissed.

Someone surely knows this transam dude personally, as many falers that know each other on this board. Perhaps a personal visit by a friend before we sic Holder on him is in order.

notfrommt
December 15, 2014, 16:58
Being lied to by a snake or being lied to by an allegedly competent bidness doesn't give anyone warm fuzzies. I knew I was being lied to by the way I was passed off each time to a different store staff. Didn't make me feel any better, actually more pissed.

Someone surely knows this transam dude personally, as many falers that know each other on this board. Perhaps a personal visit by a friend before we sic Holder!! on him is in order.

http://i1293.photobucket.com/albums/b591/notfrommt/Holder_zpsb3a89516.png (http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/notfrommt/media/Holder_zpsb3a89516.png.html)

djfin
December 15, 2014, 17:55

Someone surely knows this transam dude personally, as many falers that know each other on this board. Perhaps a personal visit by a friend before we sic Holder on him is in order.

He has made three shipping promises and broken three shipping promises. How many chances do you think he should get?? Your entitled to your opinion but I think that I have been way more than fair in waiting as long as I have. You got your money back and bought the item some where else. I don't have the money or the kit. I am making the trip to Chicago tomorrow the file the complaint.

2barearms
December 15, 2014, 18:46
He has made three shipping promises and broken three shipping promises. How many chances do you think he should get?? Your entitled to your opinion but I think that I have been way more than fair in waiting as long as I have. You got your money back and bought the item some where else. I don't have the money or the kit. I am making the trip to Chicago tomorrow the file the complaint.

When you tell them it was 'assault rifle parts' it should get interesting.

Flypaper
December 15, 2014, 19:02

I was thinking the same thing. :rofl:

djfin
December 15, 2014, 19:37

I explained exactly what I paid for the first time I talked to them a "rifle parts kit". The US attorney that I talked to told that the product purchased really did not Mattter to him just the fact that postal money order was sent thru the US mail and that no product was shiped. Theft is theft to quote him. If it was a firearm It would be a much bigger deal but it is just a RIFLE parts kit. FYI assault rifles Are select fire weapons not semi-automatic sport rifles . I live in Illinois and cannot own an assult rifle. Wish I could

2barearms
December 16, 2014, 13:42
I explained exactly what I paid for the first time I talked to them a "rifle parts kit". The US attorney that I talked to told that the product purchased really did not Mattter to him just the fact that postal money order was sent thru the US mail and that no product was shiped. Theft is theft to quote him. If it was a firearm It would be a much bigger deal but it is just a RIFLE parts kit. FYI assault rifles Are select fire weapons not semi-automatic sport rifles . I live in Illinois and cannot own an assult rifle. Wish I could

I live in a free state where the politicians understand our rights matter.
The kit you were buying wasn't select fire? I understand that THEY
don't necessarily understand.

djfin
December 16, 2014, 16:13
I live in a free state where the politicians understand our rights matter.
The kit you were buying wasn't select fire? I understand that THEY
don't necessarily understand.

Very true. We do have some of the stupidest laws and Elected officials is the county. However I was not even questioned about "rifle parts kit." He did not seem to care what it was only that it would be an easy conviction. I guess its a good thing to have a relative who is an FBI agent.

W.E.G.
December 16, 2014, 16:16
He has made three shipping promises and broken three shipping promises...

I don't have the money or the kit. I am making the trip to Chicago tomorrow the file the complaint.

So, still no tracking number?

djfin
December 16, 2014, 16:23
Got another late night call from Gerry last night (12:45AM)
I gave me a tracking number. I repeated the number back twice and he stated the I had it right. He then explained that he might not have put the mag release parts in the box but would ship them asap (right)if they were not with the kit. Great more delays. FYI the tracking number supplied comes back invalid. The US attorney filled out all the required paper work and I signed my statement today. He is holding it until Friday for me to give Gerry this last chance that he might have copied the tracking number wrong on the kit is on the way. If not Friday is the point of no return for me.

TheRussian
December 16, 2014, 17:53
Reading shit like this makes me sick at people's honor.

W.E.G.
December 16, 2014, 20:19
USPS tracking numbers will always come back as invalid until the first scanning at the sorting center.

Perhaps put in a way more comprehensible:

You haul your package down to the local post office
You pay for Priority Mail shipping
The machine at the counter generates a tracking number
You would think that the number would be "live" in the USPS tracking system at that very moment

You would be wrong in making that assumption

The clerk chucks your package in one of the bins behind the counter
The bins get hauled to the local sorting center - which may be far-off, depending on where this happens.
Package may not be scanned for a few hours at the local sorting center
When package finally does get scanned at the sorting center, only THEN does the USPS tracking number become "live" in the USPS online tracking system.
Best advice on figuring when is the outside-limit on when a USPS tracking number will become live in the tracking system is: give it 48 hours for the package to make it to the sorting center, and get scanned into the system.

kwthor
December 17, 2014, 00:10
Criticism sent!

You guys seem to be a little selective in piling on Transam and encouraging djfin with this thread. There is another thread with numerous complaints about another longtime FAL member (name withheld) not shipping stuff that was promised. Several folks had money on the line for 6-8 months and the thread postings mostly covered for the seller. This thread is just the opposite? And yes I have a dog in that fight. This month it will be 23 months waiting with at least a dozen promises of "I'm doing it now and it will be shipped next week".

Based on members recomendations I continue to wait. But what I see here is a member in good standing beaten down by a mob mentaliy. Give it a rest!

brunop
December 17, 2014, 00:20
I waited longer than you. :] Just got my stuff. Yeah - I think it's bad business; I think you should follow the "squeaky wheel" rule.

On this thread, I'm seeing at least half the people say that the dude has 100% feedback, and is a little slow, but that the OP will get his parts.

I'm rootin' for transam79, but he'll have to get his crap in one sock ricky tick.

djfin
December 17, 2014, 12:52
Criticism sent!

You guys seem to be a little selective in piling on Transam and encouraging djfin with this thread. There is another thread with numerous complaints about another longtime FAL member (name withheld) not shipping stuff that was promised. Several folks had money on the line for 6-8 months and the thread postings mostly covered for the seller. This thread is just the opposite? And yes I have a dog in that fight. This month it will be 23 months waiting with at least a dozen promises of "I'm doing it now and it will be shipped next week".

Based on members recomendations I continue to wait. But what I see here is a member in good standing beaten down by a mob mentaliy. Give it a rest!
First to keep things completely accurate Gerry is currently screwing several other members here with his IZZY lowers for sale were he also took money has not shipped and does not respond to emails. Second If you and anyone else are willing to accept being jerked off for 23 months to get what you paid for that is your right. Please do not try to tell me that I should accept your opinion that this is in any way acceptable . I have been in business for myself for over 30 years now. During that time I have lost all four of my Grandparents , My Father , My first wife , My son , A younger brother and a younger sister. None of these things had ANY EFFECT on the shipment of orders from me to people and Companies that PAID FOR THEM. If you do not have the time to ship paid for items then you should not take the time to lay them out, Take pictures and post for sale ads. Taking new orders when you cannot ship the orders you have now is stupid. If your personal life is so bad that you cannot ship paid for items stop selling. When it takes the promise of legal action to get a response to emails sent thru both the forum and personal email and to phone messages left on his answering machine then the seller has way to many problems to be posting for sale ads. If a seller states that he will not ship for an extended period up front and I still make the purchase I have no problem waiting for the Item. But when a seller here or anywhere tells me it will ship the same day or the day that they receive payment then I am well within reason to expect them to ship when promised. Many years ago I was told that if I was old enough to say Bullshit I was to old to be taking it. I have followed that advise for way to many years to change now. I have gave Gerry three chances to honor his word and he did not. On the off chance that he copied the tracking number wrong or cannot read I have delayed the filing of charges until Friday. His fourth chance to honor his word as he promised that the package had shipped and would arrive no later than Thursday.

W.E.G.
December 17, 2014, 14:15
Have you tried the tracking number again?

If there was a routine delay such as I described, it may be live in the USPS tracking system now.

brunop
December 17, 2014, 14:28
First to keep things completely accurate Gerry is currently screwing several other members here with his IZZY lowers for sale were he also took money has not shipped and does not respond to emails. Second If you and anyone else are willing to accept being jerked off for 23 months to get what you paid for that is your right. Please do not try to tell me that I should accept your opinion that this is in any way acceptable . I have been in business for myself for over 30 years now. During that time I have lost all four of my Grandparents , My Father , My first wife , My son , A younger brother and a younger sister. None of these things had ANY EFFECT on the shipment of orders from me to people and Companies that PAID FOR THEM. If you do not have the time to ship paid for items then you should not take the time to lay them out, Take pictures and post for sale ads. Taking new orders when you cannot ship the orders you have now is stupid. If your personal life is so bad that you cannot ship paid for items stop selling. When it takes the promise of legal action to get a response to emails sent thru both the forum and personal email and to phone messages left on his answering machine then the seller has way to many problems to be posting for sale ads. If a seller states that he will not ship for an extended period up front and I still make the purchase I have no problem waiting for the Item. But when a seller here or anywhere tells me it will ship the same day or the day that they receive payment then I am well within reason to expect them to ship when promised. Many years ago I was told that if I was old enough to say Bullshit I was to old to be taking it. I have followed that advise for way to many years to change now. I have gave Gerry three chances to honor his word and he did not. On the off chance that he copied the tracking number wrong or cannot read I have delayed the filing of charges until Friday. His fourth chance to honor his word as he promised that the package had shipped and would arrive no later than Thursday.

1) he isn't talking about an experience with transam79.

2) he isn't telling you to not be bent, or that what is happening to you is acceptable.

3) He is telling other people here to quit the dogpile, because some of those same people have been carrying water for another member who DID go 23 months (and counting) on his own project...

...back to your regularly scheduled programming.

4duece
December 17, 2014, 16:49
I hope this doesen't turn into another Entreprise thread. Maybe Gerry has gone over to the dark side and is working for them. :facepalm: When I sell something I request shipping info. and have it packed up before payment arrives. It ships as soon as I recieve payment, Hell I shipped stuff to members in the past before getting paid. I can't see why others can't follow suit.:shades:

djfin
December 17, 2014, 16:51
Have you tried the tracking number again?

If there was a routine delay such as I described, it may be live in the USPS tracking system now.

tried it today at noon. still invalid

ExCdnSoldierInTx
December 17, 2014, 17:45
I've dealt with him one time. A straight, solid guy.

Something went shitty on him. I'm sure he'll make good, he's got a great rating here. Everybody has shit go bad, or circumstances come up.
I have a feeling he'll come through for you, and feel like shit afterwards.
For what it's worth, I'd buy from him, OR sell to him, he's that kind of guy.

308/223shooter
December 17, 2014, 18:48
I hope this doesen't turn into another Entreprise thread. Maybe Gerry has gone over to the dark side and is working for them. :facepalm: When I sell something I request shipping info. and have it packed up before payment arrives. It ships as soon as I recieve payment, Hell I shipped stuff to members in the past before getting paid. I can't see why others can't follow suit.:shades:

I stopped pre-packing items so I wouldn't have to re-pack and address when payment never arrives. I quit shipping early for the same reason. Yeah, shit happens sometimes. Even I can be slow to ship due to a rough work schedule, but this is different. Too many excuses being bandied about.

ftierson
December 17, 2014, 18:58

I'm not quite sure what many of you don't understand about this...

You know...

Forrest

ExCdnSoldierInTx
December 17, 2014, 18:59
tried it today at noon. still invalid

I shipped a package I sold on ebay one time and even though it had gotten to the destination on time, I had entered a number wrong on the tracking number box, then tossed the receipt like a moron, so as far as ebay knew, I never shipped it. Thank God the buyer was honest.

I tend to give people, especially those with a proven long term track record, the benefit of the doubt.

Just sayin'...

ExCdnSoldierInTx
December 17, 2014, 19:03

Chill, Dude, If he's an a$$hole and a liar, it'll be figured out soon enough. You got the law involved now so shit will quickly sort itself through, no doubt.

Thursday is tomorrow. I'm still rooting for TransAm79 as of right now.

ExCdnSoldierInTx
December 17, 2014, 19:07
I NEVER pack before I'm paid in FULL. And I NEVER, EVER ship until PayPal clears my bank. If you use PayPal, them's the rules. If you send a M.O., certified check, or cash like I usually do, your package goes out right away.

Guys I know get their stuff sent as soon as they tell me they want it, pay me whenever.

Jerry Blake
December 17, 2014, 19:34
Yeah, I'm one of the Izzy buyers and not at all happy about him going dark for more than a month. But I'm still hoping he comes through and retrieves his reputation somewhat. And does the same quality job that got him the high rating in the first place.

I certainly understand the OP's anger given the much larger amount of money involved and something that should be ready to go out the door, while my lower needs some work done first.

djfin
December 18, 2014, 15:03
Chill, Dude, If he's an a$$hole and a liar, it'll be figured out soon enough. You got the law involved now so shit will quickly sort itself through, no doubt.

Thursday is tomorrow. I'm still rooting for TransAm79 as of right now.

I have no need to "chill" Expecting to get what I paid for in a timely manor is a NORMAL BUSINESS PRACTICE. And as I am not the only member here who is trying to get Gerry to ship items that he took money more than a month ago to fact that he is an asshole and a liar has be proven. If he had any reasonable reason to delay shipping he could have emailed or called. I also try to give people the benefit of doubt. after the second lie all doubt is gone

djfin
December 18, 2014, 15:23
As I was writing the last post the mail man walked in with a box from Gerry.
Its missing some parts and is beat up a little more than I was told but I can live with it. The missing mag release parts, cocking tube end cap and mag floor plates are not worth the trouble it would take to get them from Gerry. I will just buy them. To the members here trying to get answers about the Izzy lowers you paid for good luck. Any of you need his phone number for contact PM me.

ExCdnSoldierInTx
December 18, 2014, 17:39
I'm glad you got your stuff for the most part. I'm sure he'll get you the rest of your stuff or maybe adjust the price accordingly?

As far as I know, he never fukked anyone here yet.

Right Side Up
December 18, 2014, 18:10
I NEVER pack before I'm paid in FULL. And I NEVER, EVER ship until PayPal clears my bank. If you use PayPal, them's the rules. If you send a M.O., certified check, or cash like I usually do, your package goes out right away.

Guys I know get their stuff sent as soon as they tell me they want it, pay me whenever.

Hey, would you send me that FAL I like so much. :wink:

djfin
December 18, 2014, 18:17
I'm glad you got your stuff for the most part. I'm sure he'll get you the rest of your stuff or maybe adjust the price accordingly?

As far as I know, he never fukked anyone here yet.

Check out the post about the Izzy lowers. Three people getting "Fukked" now.
And just because Gerry finally shipped the kit does not change the fact that he did "kukked" me around for six weeks. I have zero respect for anyone who lies and or steals. I am done with this deal at this point. I will just buy the missing parts and move forward building the kit. Its a Christmas present and seven days is a little tight.

W.E.G.
December 18, 2014, 18:19
Its missing some parts and is beat up a little more than I was told but I can live with it. The missing mag release parts, cocking tube end cap and mag floor plates are not worth the trouble it would take to get them from Gerry. I will just buy them. To the members here trying to get answers about the Izzy lowers you paid for good luck. Any of you need his phone number for contact PM me.

Please enter feedback as you feel appropriate.

2barearms
December 18, 2014, 18:32
Please enter feedback as you feel appropriate.

Always be careful leaving feedback. It can't be deleted and the person
you give it to can retaliate via neg feedback on you warranted or not.

Unless WEG has changed the policy of intervening in these matters?

drcolossus
December 18, 2014, 19:22
Just curious, does tracking number now show delivered or still invalid?

G3isMe
December 18, 2014, 20:26
"... The missing mag release parts, cocking tube end cap and mag floor plates are not worth the trouble it would take to get them from Gerry. I will just buy them. ...."

Send me a PM as I may have some of those parts you need. After having to deal with this fiasco I'll give `em to you gratis'.

raexcct2
December 18, 2014, 21:53

Doesn't make any difference if Paypal clears your bank. If the dishonest buyer requests a chargeback, Paypal will take your money back from your bank account. This is why I no longer accept Paypal if I am selling an item.

Wecsogery
December 18, 2014, 23:20
Doesn't make any difference if Paypal clears your bank. If the dishonest buyer requests a chargeback, Paypal will take your money back from your bank account. This is why I no longer accept Paypal if I am selling an item.
Yep, Paypal (and Ebay, who owns Paypal) is the number one enabler of thieves in the world today.
Actually, I guess I should have said "the number one non-governmental enabler...." :shades:

ftierson
December 18, 2014, 23:24
Just curious, does tracking number now show delivered or still invalid?

I'm kind of curious about this too...

Forrest

djfin
December 19, 2014, 11:08
I'm kind of curious about this too...

Forrest

The tracking number on the box is not the same one he gave me. For whatever reason three numbers are different

djfin
December 19, 2014, 11:25
Send me a PM as I may have some of those parts you need. After having to deal with this fiasco I'll give `em to you gratis'.

Thank you very much for you kind offer. As I have a small window to get this kit built before Christmas I called HKPARTS explained my problem and paid for UPS red label shipping of the missing parts. They were able to get them out the door yesterday and I have them in hand now. While shipping that fast is not the norm for them they were happy to help with my time frame problem. Sometimes is pays to be a long time customer. Did my fitting and welding last night and it is going to RDO for the park tomorrow. Paint Sunday and test fire Tuesday. Cutting it short but still it will be done.
Thanks again for the offer.

slavicshooter
December 19, 2014, 15:35
Dishonest buyers/sellers are not a little deal. Nor are their apologists. That you don't consider it a big deal, is something that others should consider when choosing to do business with you.

Sure, in the perspective of one's entire life-time, an internet transaction is not of the same consequence as other life-experiences might be.

But this is here, and now, and it doesn't matter if it is $1 or $1000 - one is either dealing in good faith, or they are not.

While GP and I will butt heads like 2 rutting Big horn sheep politically, this is how business should be conducted no matter what. This is not a backorder problem like you would get with a bigger company. The parts were on hand and ready to package and ship. Yes, it really is that simple.~ss

BIG50
December 20, 2014, 22:07
just for the record transom79 ripped me off 8 or 9 years ago for $65.00 so in my book he is a thief.
BIG50

randy762ak
December 21, 2014, 09:40
Sounds Like he needs to be Banned,,, So he cant ply His trade here ! Then the word needs to go out on other sites spreading the warning !! As Usually They just burn one place after another in the quest For Money for there fix for the day!!

Jaxxas
December 21, 2014, 11:14
just for the record transom79 ripped me off 8 or 9 years ago for $65.00 so in my book he is a thief.
BIG50

Just looked, there is a TRANS AM 79 from the '04' era and there is a TRANSAM 79 from then up to now, but neither has any negative feedback.

ALL FAL
December 21, 2014, 19:29
Take a clue, check the persons IP ADDRESS.

fireplug
December 28, 2014, 10:50
If he had 2 username's,is that not against the rule's here on the file's ?

BIG50
December 29, 2014, 22:26
Just looked, there is a TRANS AM 79 from the '04' era and there is a TRANSAM 79 from then up to now, but neither has any negative feedback.

I never left negative feedback due to I was going through a real bad Divorce and it was not worth my time so here it is years later and I finally Stated my peace.
BIG50

BIG50
December 29, 2014, 22:42

it is no longer an assault rifle when it has been cut up and Imported to the US.
it is only a rifle parts kit.
BIG50

MK ULTRA
January 18, 2015, 08:36

that's a good point and nothing's changed. I gave negative feedback to a person here that really deserved it. he turned around to give it right back to me. that's so much bullshit. I've could not get anything done about it. that really needs to be fixed.

davesrb
January 18, 2015, 08:53
At this point it looks like TRANSAM has dropped off the face of the earth. No reply to pm's, email's, or phone calls. I guess it's time to write these lowers off and look else where.

2barearms
January 18, 2015, 19:43
At this point it looks like TRANSAM has dropped off the face of the earth. No reply to pm's, email's, or phone calls. I guess it's time to write these lowers off and look else where.

The bad news is he was the last resort. Apex used to have some but they are
all gone too.

FUUN063
January 19, 2015, 03:36
The last resort for what.......buying Izzy lowers or repairing Izzy lowers with weld by filling in the holes and grinding/sanding them down?

Leland
:fal:

2barearms
January 19, 2015, 07:28
The last resort for what.......buying Izzy lowers or repairing Izzy lowers with weld by filling in the holes and grinding/sanding them down?

Leland
:fal:

Basically He is. Where are you finding any lowers by themselves for sale?

Popacap
January 19, 2015, 07:48

When I see negative feedback on someone I don't just look at the red numbers, I usually read the details of the negative feedback, then read the reply or replies to the neg feedback and make my decision from there. In this case, if djfin got negative feedback I would simply look over it because TRANSAM 79 has nothing to support his side of the story. It appears that TRANSAM 79 is going through some kind of trouble but his past record looks very good so I would give him a second chance but he would have to make things right with djfin, and anything sold by TRANSAM 79 from this point would be shipped to buyer before payment was sent.

djfin
January 19, 2015, 13:13
Basically He is. Where are you finding any lowers by themselves for sale?

Two for sale on Gun Broker now. You stand a much better chance of getting those than one from Gerry

raexcct2
January 19, 2015, 17:48
I have a type A Israeli lower that I bought years ago from John Hudgens. At the time I didn't know about the Israeli redrilled lowers and this one appears to be a redrill.

ExCdnSoldierInTx
January 19, 2015, 21:38
I guess you never really know someone, right?

What a douche.

davesrb
January 19, 2015, 22:26
I'm not going to loose it over the cost of a dinner out. I know that crap happens in people's lives that can cause issues like this. My best friend died years ago from a cancerous brain tumor, but before anyone knew he was sick he exhibited very erratic behavior for a couple months. My dads Parkinson's onset was marked by a bunch of strange behaviors, forgetfulness, temper tantrums and deep depressions. I have had friends go off the deep end with relationship problems....Have I mentioned my friend who caught his wife, in his bed, in his house, with his brother? While his 2 kids were playing in their room not 15 feet away...

Or TRANSAM could have just turned into a douche. Who knows? Like I said, I will just move on and hope all is well with him. If it's a personal issue, hopefully he will show back up and make it right.

one hand clapping
January 26, 2015, 09:51
Sorry to hear this. I have done several deals with him. I always got what I committed to-in the shape it was described.
BUT -the last L1A1 kit I got took months to arrive, and the comms were never good.
It was the only time I thought I might have gotten burned, but after sending a couple of PM's , and being patient ,the kit showed up.
Still have to screw it together-

I hope it all works out for everyone concerned.

djfin
January 26, 2015, 15:25
As of today Transam 79 has not made anything right. Shorted parts in the G3 kit and still screwing the members who purchased the Izzy lowers. In PM contact with one member here looking for Gerry's phone number which I will supply. Anyone else need it PM me.

tac-40
January 26, 2015, 20:51
A check of his activity he was last on the files in November 2014. Nothing since.

4duece
January 27, 2015, 08:33
I hope he is O.K.. Strokes, Heart Attack, car crashes they all come out of nowhere. And the last thing on your mind is the internet. Ask me how I know. I had several dealings with Gerry and all were positive.:tinfoilhat:

kwthor
January 27, 2015, 11:34
Thank you very much for you kind offer. As I have a small window to get this kit built before Christmas I called HKPARTS explained my problem and paid for UPS red label shipping of the missing parts. They were able to get them out the door yesterday and I have them in hand now. While shipping that fast is not the norm for them they were happy to help with my time frame problem. Sometimes is pays to be a long time customer. Did my fitting and welding last night and it is going to RDO for the park tomorrow. Paint Sunday and test fire Tuesday. Cutting it short but still it will be done.
Thanks again for the offer.

Is the G3 built ?
How does it shoot?
RU happy with it?

djfin
January 27, 2015, 17:35
Is the G3 built ?
How does it shoot?
RU happy with it?

I bought the kit to build a Christmas present for my nephew. I finished it in three days - one to install paddle mag release and weld the front end parts - second day was the park and day three was paint. My nephew shot it the Saturday after Christmas and it runs Great. I am a good uncle.

djfin
January 27, 2015, 17:46
I hope he is O.K.. Strokes, Heart Attack, car crashes they all come out of nowhere. And the last thing on your mind is the internet. Ask me how I know. I had several dealings with Gerry and all were positive.:tinfoilhat:

To keep the facts clear the RAT BASTARD IS FINE. HE MADE LOTS OF EXCUSES FOR WHY HE DID NOT SHIP PAID FOR PARTS BUT NONE INVOLVED ANY HEATH ISSUES. His past actions may have been ok but his current actions make him a thief period. He still owes me the missing parts from the kit I paid for.He is currently ripping off several members here on the IZZY lowers that he posted for sale at the same time as the G3 kit. I know this to be fact as I am supplying Gerry's home phone number to a member here who was ripped off by Gerry also. FYI he answers the phone late at night so he is healthy. A thief but healthy.

kwthor
January 27, 2015, 20:48
So, the rifle is up and running and it's all good.
I tried to get you to focus on the positive results but:

You are still online here keeping this thread going about a few missing parts.
Somebody offered to send you the parts for free but you refused.

You dont' have a dog in the fight on the rewelded lowers, but are you making it yours.

From your last post it looks like you are losing it. Going from name calling to potential slander.

RU okay?

djfin
January 28, 2015, 11:57
[QUOTE=kwthor;3988072]So, the rifle is up and running and it's all good.

AND I WILL POST A RESPONSE WHENEVER SOMEONE POSTS SAYING WHAT A GOOD GUY GERRY IS OR MAKE STUPID COMMENTS ABOUT HIM MAYBE BEING ILL. HE IS A THIEF AND HE IS HEALTHY PERIOD.

PAY ATTENTION TO THE POSTS. WHEN THE VARY KIND OFFER TO SEND ME THE PARTS FOR FREE WAS MADE BY G3isMe I THANKED THE HIM AND EXPLAINED THAT I HAD ALREADY PURCHASED THE PARTS AND HAD THEM SHIPPED RED LABEL TO ME AND HAD THEM IN HAND ALREADY
You dont' have a dog in the fight on the rewelded lowers, but are you making it yours.
YOUR OPINION OF WHAT I HAVE A "DOG IN THE FIGHT" WITH IS JUST THAT IT IS ALSO INCORRECT. TWO OF THE PEOPLE THAT GERRY STOLE FROM IN THAT THREAD HAVE CONTACTED ME ASKING FROM MY HELP CONTACTING HIM AND HOW TO GET THE RAT TO SHIP TO PARTS THAT HE TOOK MONEY FOR. FYI YOU DON'T HAVE A "DOG IN THE FIGHT" IN THIS THREAD OR THE ONE WITH THE IZZY LOWERS AND YET YOU FEEL COMPELLED TO POST YOUR OPINION HERE. WHY??

From your last post it looks like you are losing it.
IT IS CLEAR THAT YOU HAVE LOST IT. IF YOU THINK THAT IT IS OK NOW THAT GERRY STOLE FROM ME JUST BECAUSE I WAS ABLE TO BUY THE PARTS THAT HE SHORTED ME AND A FEW WEEKS HAVE PAST YOU ARE NUTS. I AM NOT THE ONLY GUY GERRY HAS STOLEN FROM HERE - CHECK BIG50'S POST. GERRY STOLE FROM HIM IN THE PAST ALSO. I WILL RESPOND TO ALL POSTS STATING WHAT A GOOD GUY GERRY IS WITH THE FACTS. IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT TO BAD.

Going from name calling to potential slander.
WHAT LAW SCHOOL DID YOU FLUNK OUT OF ?? CALLING GERRY A RAT BASTARD IS ACCURATE AND THE TRUTH IS AN ABSOLUTE DEFENCE TO SLANDER. FYI FOR A SLANDER SUIT TO PREVAIL GERRY WOULD HAVE TO SHOW THAT HE SUFFERED DAMAGE TO HIS REPUTATION . GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.LASTLY YES I AM OK .

.30-06
January 28, 2015, 12:20
:popcorn:

andresere
January 28, 2015, 12:24
Here, it's sunny outside. Step away from the 'puter. You made your point. Why continue to dig? If it's all jacked up, that will come out. Screaming ain't going to change dick.
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll166/andresere/Jesus_zps0378ebbe.jpg (http://s288.photobucket.com/user/andresere/media/Jesus_zps0378ebbe.jpg.html)

Wecsogery
January 28, 2015, 12:48
So, the rifle is up and running and it's all good.

From your last post it looks like you are losing it. Going from name calling to potential slander.

RU okay?

I for one am glad djfin is doing us all the favor of a heads-up on this guy. To me, anyone who holds up a guy like this as a number one great guy and hides his actions under the rug is complicit in his dishonesty.
In what world is this "all good?":rolleyes:

And before you say I "don't have a horse in this race," I'm here to tell you that every member of this forum who might ever buy anything in the Files marketplace has a horse in the race. When you take up for a guy who is repeatedly ripping people off, you give the entire forum a black eye.

djfin
January 28, 2015, 16:58
Here, it's sunny outside. Step away from the 'puter. You made your point. Why continue to dig? If it's all jacked up, that will come out. Screaming ain't going to change dick.
http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll166/andresere/Jesus_zps0378ebbe.jpg (http://s288.photobucket.com/user/andresere/media/Jesus_zps0378ebbe.jpg.html)

As I stated before I will respond every time someone tries to post what a nice misunderstood guy Gerry is and that I should "let it go" "move on" etc. And for the record the fact that " it's all jacked up" came out a long time ago.

andresere
January 28, 2015, 17:20
As I stated before I will respond every time someone tries to post what a nice misunderstood guy Gerry is and that I should "let it go" "move on" etc. And for the record the fact that " it's all jacked up" came out a long time ago.

Then keep banging your drum. :facepalm:

djfin
January 28, 2015, 17:59
if you don't like it stop reading the posts and go away. You keep complaining about me "beating my drum" but yet you keep posting unwanted advise for me that upsets you when I am unwilling follow your advise. You have stated your opinion several times now go away. I have no interest in your opinion.

andresere
January 28, 2015, 18:27
if you don't like it stop reading the posts and go away. You keep complaining about me "beating my drum" but yet you keep posting unwanted advise for me that upsets you when I am unwilling follow your advise. You have stated your opinion several times now go away. I have no interest in your opinion.

Edited to remove snarky comment. Carry on.