PDA

View Full Version : WHY are people selling glock frames alone?

Heat
December 11, 2014, 13:49
I haven't been shopping in a while for Glocks but went on GunBroker and see ad after ad hawking frames alone, also a fair smattering of Glock Gen4 frames and older Glock slides..any explanations?

W.E.G.
December 11, 2014, 14:36
Builders are needing the uppers for custom work.

kev
December 11, 2014, 15:43
It doesn't make any sense to me. I constantly haunt GunBroker and one search I keep up is for pistol barrel/slide sets,........and for the last year or two GB has been flooded with Glock barrel/slide sets and frames and all of it looks to be at stupid prices. I can buy complete Glocks for less than what these people want for either half. I've had a complete G22 frame sitting around for two years(bought it for a dedicated .22 conversion)and I've been trying to pick up a complete parts kit or upper in either 9mm or .40 just to complete it, but I'm not sinking another $300 into parts just to have another Glock sitting around. I've passed up dozens of police trade-in G17s and G22s for $300.

Every time I even think about another over-priced Glock the money gets spent on an under-priced 3rd Gen S&W,.........twice the gun for half the money. Just who's out there paying $300 for half-a-Glocks I do not know.

hueyville
December 11, 2014, 18:25
Look at them close. Quite often you will see major wear. A duty gun worn in hoster with frame and grips exposed for 20 years and you often end up with cosmetic perfect upper and beat up lower. Sometimes parted out for projects. I have seen a lot come in where barrel ruptured and busted slide needing upper replaced. My guess its a combination of many factors. I notice lots of Glock chunks either uppers or lowers wandering around without their mates for whatever reason. Of course these days you see pieces of all types of guns running around separated from their configuration.

W.E.G.
December 11, 2014, 18:56
AIM has WHOLE Glocks for $309

Nomad, 2nd
December 13, 2014, 01:46
Started with optics on slides and also .22 conversions.

wayne1967
December 13, 2014, 05:25
Someone screwing their stippling job up

gunplumber
December 13, 2014, 11:39
Started with optics on slides and also .22 conversions.
I bought two Glock frames, so that my 22 caliber conversion kits would be complete guns rather than just top halves. But I have noticed that there seems to be an awful lot of Glock frames on the market right now, far more than at any time and previous history.

brunop
December 13, 2014, 16:03
I just bit, too.

AzDak
December 15, 2014, 14:56
I've bought a few of them.

For me, it was starting with a G35, then decide I wanted to build it up to a G22 as an open gun. I'd bought a 22 slide and went from there.

It bugged me that I had a 35 slide and no lower. So, I bought another lower to host the 35 slide.

The other one was so that I could have two lowers for the same 34. I had one with a super light match trigger (~2lbs) and a second one built up with the stock "-" connector. The super light one was great for trying to make really small groups on paper, but I wouldn't have wanted to run around in a match or use it for self defense.

I actually talked to the guy I bought it from on GB. I asked him how he ended up with so many slides, since glock wasn't shipping them.

I'll paraphrase his response "I buy whole guns and break them down. I can get more for the parts than for the complete pistol."

gunplumber
December 15, 2014, 15:07
I'll paraphrase his response "I buy whole guns and break them down. I can get more for the parts than for the complete pistol."

So true - although it grieves me to part out complete guns, that's where the money is.

ALL FAL
December 15, 2014, 20:40
Is there an Official "Glock Parts Guy" on the files?

Anybody "Printing" frames ?

yellowhand
December 15, 2014, 22:28
A friend sent me a Glock 40, model 22, night sights, well, everything but the frame.;)
LEO from back far north east
Didn't ask him where it came from and he didn't offer:shades:
Got a new Green frame for 212.00 on sale a while back.
Looks weird, but shoots good.:D

Fn/form
January 01, 2015, 19:41
It seems most of the slides are donors for red dot sight prep. I did the same thing as gplumb, the Gen4 frame is a dedicated host for my TacSol slide kit.

TCustoms
January 01, 2015, 20:57
I have a Gen4 G17 frame and I'd love to find a stripped factory slide. I can't stand LW's. But I'm not paying 200 when I can buy a Police trade in for 300.

If its because they are putting red dots on slides then they must be fawking up a lot of slides.

Fn/form
January 02, 2015, 07:58
I have a Gen4 G17 frame and I'd love to find a stripped factory slide. I can't stand LW's. But I'm not paying 200 when I can buy a Police trade in for 300.

If its because they are putting red dots on slides then they must be fawking up a lot of slides.

Nah, just keeping up with demand. ATEi, Zev, TSD, etc. Not my thing, but a lot of people are getting into it.