PDA

View Full Version : 2013 25m Men's rapid fire pistol

SAFN49
December 07, 2014, 13:25
2013 25m rapid fire

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/YvCfVkKZiO0?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

stoner
December 10, 2014, 21:18
Interesting. I enjoyed the video!

catmguy445
December 11, 2014, 01:06
That was a really cool video. I never did figure out exactly how much time they had to fire five shots, but it wasn't much. I did notice, however, that the guy who eventually won tended to shoot a little slower than the others, and got a lot more consistent results.

That little exercise looks deceptively simple, but it obviously takes an incredible amount of skill, practice, and perseverance to do well at it.

SAFN49
December 11, 2014, 17:07
It does look like it would be a lot easier than it is.

Jaxxas
December 11, 2014, 20:53
Cool video!

Weird looking gun that Spanish guy was shooting, the MG2, .....

With this fully compliant ISSF version the MG2R is specifically designed for the Rapid Fire match shooters who need no longer regret the passing of now superseded 22 short cartridge as it embodies all Cesare Morini's 30 years experience in the design and manufacture of high performance rapid fire pistols. The overhead pivoted hammer, the relationship between the centerline of the barrel relative to the axis of the shooters arm are all combined in the Rapid Fire version which also adopts a lightened bolt plus a front counterweight incorporating four calibrated recoil dampening pistons the outcome of which is minimised lateral and vertical movements enabling rapid sight recovery. This pistol is manufactured with the most modern techniques using carefully selected raw materials and is professionally assembled in a clean room environment ensuring maximum consistency of operation and accuracy. The barrel is of maximum allowable length and each are selected and machine rest tested to ensure optimal accuracy. All of the MG2R characteristics including its ability to be individually customized to each individual shooters preferences results in providing a shooting instrument for the demanding rapid fire event that is the most stable target pistol on the market today. (http://www.matchguns.com/en/mg2-rapid-fire)

SAFN49
December 11, 2014, 21:18
Cool video!

Weird looking gun that Spanish guy was shooting, the MG2, .....

If I was shooting rapid fire I would use a MG42 :wink:

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GL09sLcKW4M?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Slo cat
December 13, 2014, 12:18
In the 25m Rapid Fire Finals at Gabala this year, Keith Sanderson (a member of the US team) was adding color commentary to the narration of these finals. Very interesting and well done. Video last 46 minutes, but lots of interesting video angles throughout. These are the top Rapid Fire shooters in the world.

These shooters have their muscle memory down thru practice. They are shooting five shots in four seconds, starting from the low ready position. In finals, the regular scoring rings are disregarded, and there is only a 'hit' ring that approximates about the 9.6 ring. So you get either a hit or a miss for each shot in your five shot string.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7IXdx13v4mo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gates
December 17, 2014, 22:01
Great vid, 11cm for a hit at 25m...on 5 targets under 5 seconds - hats off to those shooters.