PDA

View Full Version : looking for a P225 barrel

Vorpal_weapon
November 25, 2014, 16:52
Hi all,

I've unfortunately become smitten with the P225. After my first one, I recently picked up one of the surplus P6 pistolas.

Anyone know where I might pick up a new factory barrel for a P225?

wanneroo
November 25, 2014, 22:49
The P225 is kind of the red headed stepchild for Sig USA. I don't believe they ever really well supported that gun and my understanding is that they don't bring in factory barrels for it anymore. If it wasn't for the inexpensive Sig P6 surplus pistols that got sold here, the gun would be forgotten IMO. I think there are some aftermarket barrels out there like the:

http://www.pistolaccents.com/EFK-Fire-Dragon-Sig-P225-9mm-Std-Barrel_p_960.html

Vorpal_weapon
November 26, 2014, 11:47
Thanks for the reply. P225 has a strong, almost cult-like following in the U.S. - the prices for a nice one (not a P6) on GB bear that out. Only the flood of cheap surplus P6s have kept them affordable - but it also clobbered the market on P225 spare barrels. EFK barrels have a pretty bad rep.

Soooo, just looking for a decent replacement barrel as the original has some issues. I'm only interested in a factory or Bar-Sto barrel. They come up occassionally, and I was hoping the fine folks around here might have or know of one.

raexcct2
November 26, 2014, 21:19
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=454433743

Hurry up, 35 minutes to go.

raexcct2
November 26, 2014, 21:21
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=455223889

Complete upper for sale.

raexcct2
November 26, 2014, 21:36
http://www.southernohiogun.com/handguns/surplus-handguns/sig-sauer-p6-p225-9mm-pistol.html

Or just get a whole pistol for spare parts. It's cheaper that way.

raexcct2
November 26, 2014, 21:37
My biggest mistake was selling my P225 (commercial model) but I have a couple of P6's now.

raexcct2
November 26, 2014, 21:40
http://www.customdigitaldesignsonline.com/content/products-and-services.html?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=1307&category_id=404

P225 threaded barrel. Web page does not say who the manufacturer is.

wanneroo
November 26, 2014, 22:05
Thanks for the reply. P225 has a strong, almost cult-like following in the U.S. - the prices for a nice one (not a P6) on GB bear that out. Only the flood of cheap surplus P6s have kept them affordable - but it also clobbered the market on P225 spare barrels. EFK barrels have a pretty bad rep.

Soooo, just looking for a decent replacement barrel as the original has some issues. I'm only interested in a factory or Bar-Sto barrel. They come up occassionally, and I was hoping the fine folks around here might have or know of one.

What's wrong with the original barrel?

Another lot of P6's has arrived on the shores recently. Prices on these had risen for a while but may drop again as more supply comes in.

Mine has a lot of bluing wear but on points down has been one of the more accurate guns at IDPA matches I have shot with it. At some point I need to send it to Sig or someone and have it rebuilt, new grip panels added and refinished.

Vorpal_weapon
November 26, 2014, 22:08
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=454433743

Hurry up, 35 minutes to go.

Thanks for the interest.

I asked the seller a question yesterday concerning the condition of that barrel
- bore & muzzle - got no response. I figure he'll answer me if he wants to sell it.

I thought UncleTed's upper on GB was a little steep for a pretty used top half - can almost buy a complete used P6 for that. Its been offered by that seller for a long time. If it was a little more reasonable . . . maybe.

I may have a lead on a Bar-sto. I also plan to contact the SIG custom shop.

I also have a real nice commercial P225 - I'll have it til they carry me out.

raexcct2
November 26, 2014, 22:16
I bought two of the extended Bar-sto Sig P225 barrels on a group buy on the Sig Forum years ago and at the time, Bar-sto said they would not be doing another run of P225 barrels.

Vorpal_weapon
November 26, 2014, 22:22
What's wrong with the original barrel?

Its got some pitting/corrosion and it has the older style feed ramp - doesn't seem to like heavier Gold Dot or SXT (which I have in some abundance after many years with the big blue team). The latter style ramp on my P225 feeds it all. If the original barrel had a nice bore, I'd just get the feed ramp redone.

I like this old P6 well enough to fix it up - also planning on some nice grips (Nills, Hogue G-10, etc.).

Vorpal_weapon
November 26, 2014, 22:48
I bought two of the extended Bar-sto Sig P225 barrels on a group buy on the Sig Forum years ago and at the time, Bar-sto said they would not be doing another run of P225 barrels.

I've heard the same thing about Bar-sto. Lots of people bought extra barrels when they were more abundant - sometimes they later decide to sell stuff. One sold on SIGforum about a month ago (before I was looking).

I have a number of new spare barrels for some of my systems (High Standard Supermatic Trophy/Citation; Colt 1911 NM, etc.). They are excess to my needs and I'd part with them under the right circumstances. FF is a unique and marvelous place - you never know what will turn up around here.

Total Automation will modify a P226 barrel to fit in a P225 - that's my backup plan if all else fails. Hopefully something else will develop.

wanneroo
November 27, 2014, 22:49
Its got some pitting/corrosion and it has the older style feed ramp - doesn't seem to like heavier Gold Dot or SXT (which I have in some abundance after many years with the big blue team). The latter style ramp on my P225 feeds it all. If the original barrel had a nice bore, I'd just get the feed ramp redone.

I like this old P6 well enough to fix it up - also planning on some nice grips (Nills, Hogue G-10, etc.).

Ah yes forgot about the feed ramp issue. Too bad about the corrosion on the other barrel.

You know I do remember about a year ago seeing a vendor that had factory 225 barrels but I can't recall who. I didn't need one at the time so didn't give it any thought. If I find it in my bookmarks again I'll post it.

Vorpal_weapon
November 28, 2014, 09:10
Thanks! I would certainly appreciate any help.

raexcct2
November 28, 2014, 09:15
Thanks! I would certainly appreciate any help.
The vendor was most likely Top Gun Supply and they have no P 225 barrels in stock.