PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone put me in touch with member "Moses?"

tvsavery
October 30, 2014, 15:30
I apologize if I've posted this in the wrong section, I was unsure of the proper venue for such a topic. I was wondering if anyone here could put me in direct contact with falfiles member "Moses," or at least help shed some light on my situation. Last may I sent him my fal upper for a para conversion, along with payment for the work. Over the following weeks we shot a few emails back in forth, but for the last three months I haven't received a reply. Naturally I am becoming a bit anxious. I'm not trying to discredit him, because it's my understanding that he has had many satisfied customers on this board, but my experience thus far has been disappointing to say the least. If anyone knows any means to contact him (besides the futile email, and PM) and can tell me without breaking board rules, please let me know. Or the information of the shop in SC where he receives work, that would be helpful as well. I idiotically lost the address shortly after I shipped my rifle. Thanks very much.

J. Armstrong
October 30, 2014, 16:44
I had a very similar experience with Johnny. I like him and his work, and like you, I appreciate that he has been a great asset to The Files and to us FAL lovers. I'm thinking he has in recent history perhaps been taking on more work than he can handle ? Again, not to discredit him, but the lack of communication we both experienced is what bothers me more than anything else. I have a difficult time accepting that when email or phone comma is so easy.

Hope you get your lower completed and returned soon.

jukedaddy_59
October 30, 2014, 17:06
I also have an upper with Johnny sent in May,the last email I had with Him(8-12-14) explained that his father passed away and he has just not got back up to speed.

I told Him to take as long as he needed.

here is the web sight that he works for http://www.cmparmory.com/

tvsavery
October 31, 2014, 03:28
I'm sorry to hear about his father passing. I know just how difficult that is. I was afraid of something like that, he had made mention of his parents health early in our dialogue. Its not that the work is taking so long, just the lack of communication. Every time this has happened to me previously it has been the result of some scam, so naturally I am a bit trepidatious. Although I sympathize, it is a relief to know I'm not the only one in this boat.

J. Armstrong
October 31, 2014, 15:41
I, as well, am truly sorry to hear of his fathers' passing, and extend my sincere condolences to Johnny and his family.

Under the circumstances, I could surely cut some slack. My concern here is that there seems to be an ongoing trend of communications issues. Hope I am wrong. As I stated before , I like Johnny and know he has done some good work for us. Hopefully all will be back on track soon.

hangfire762
November 02, 2014, 10:52
I'm also in that same situation. I've tried PM's, emails, and even called his shop. I did manage to get in touch with him for a short time with PM's the early part of October. Then his box filled up again and..nothing.
I was unaware, until now, of his father passing away. I hope Johnny is doing ok. I've always had good dealings with him and he is a pleasure to chat with. I'm sure everything will be ok.

kwthor
November 02, 2014, 12:52
OK, My turn!

I also have outstanding issues with Moses (Johnny). It's time to get some of you who know Johnny on a more personal level to get involved.
I ordered three sets of custom rear peep sites from him in Jan 2013. It's now getting close to two years. In the interim I have had several times when he said he had issues with the health of his father and would get on it soon. After his father's passing I waited several months and then tried again. He responded via email that he would get them out "next week". This type of response has been repeated over several times over 20 months. I even bought some of his mags in between, but have no resolution on the sight sets I ordered. I have a copy of the cashed MO from a year ago.

Don't want to start a bashing session but it seems that the issues and number of people affected by Johnny's over promise and under deliver are growing out of control.

Again, Johnny is a great guy and seems very nice when exchanging emails, but he seems to be getting buried by his own niceness (ie, wanting to please everyone). Would some of you files members that know Johnny or are close enough to check into it please do so. His reputation is headed for a slide.

J. Armstrong
November 02, 2014, 16:47
I would have to add that I have had uniformly excellent service from Randy Kline aka Sledgehammer, might be a good option to just get your stuff back from Johnny and give Randy a shot.

tvsavery
November 02, 2014, 19:15
I'm glad these issues are at least now coming to light. If I had known that he had outstanding orders exceeding 20 MONTHS I would've taken my business elsewhere. I would like to reiterate however, that Moses was exceptionally pleasant to converse with, before he ceased conversation altogether. At this point I'd feel lucky just to get my parts back, never mind the money I already paid for the work. I'd be curious to know just how many of us are waiting on parts and/or work.

J. Armstrong
November 02, 2014, 22:25
FWIW, when I asked for my parts back without the work done, I did get them - eventually, after several "next weeks" or "tomorrows".

hangfire762
November 04, 2014, 08:08
I was able to get in touch with Johnny yesterday via several text messages back and forth. He has been taking care of some issues that have put him a bit behind. I'll chat with him again in a couple days. He's got a lot on his plate right now. Some of it more pressing than shop work...at least in my mind.

hagar
November 04, 2014, 10:45
I hesitate to post this, because Johnny is a good friend of mine, but I had the same experience, and this was 2 years ago. I won a $50 certificate at Riverbend from him, took an L1A1 to him to have the ugly monstrosity of a muzzle break removed and a real L1A1 flashider put on. He had it for months, never did anything to it, and finally I asked for it back. If he is too busy to get his work done, he should focus on getting done what is on his plate and not take extra work.

On the other hand, the OTHER gunsmith in AZ, banned here for speaking his mouth, built a Fal for me on my DSA R1 receiver, including molycoating it, and he had it less than 6 weeks from when I mailed it to him till I had it back in my hands.

J. Armstrong
November 04, 2014, 16:03
If he is too busy to get his work done, he should focus on getting done what is on his plate and not take extra work.

This exactly.

Johnny has apparently been cut a lot of slack becaus he is a nice guy - I did the same. However, these poor business practices will unfortunately catch up with him. I sincerely hope he gets it together and gets back on track, although I would be hard pressed to give him any more work, personally.

moses
November 05, 2014, 01:43
I am not avoiding anyone, I have not received any emails that I know of that I have not answered.
My valid email is gjohnnygun@yahoo.com, is this the email you have been trying to contact me at?
Please email me there if you haven't been able to contact me and I will respond asap!
I try to keep my PM box here less than full but I am lucky if I get to come to the Falfiles once every couple weeks lately because I do not have the time, so if it's full please email me at the email above.

The back up started a couple years ago when I had an emergency appendectomy, which kept me from working for a month, then I went through a divorce that definitely slowed things down a while, then I had a car accident when my SUV hydroplaned and flipped 3 times, another month and a half I couldn't work because of my back, I've been dealing with back and neck pain ever since.
Then my Dad's health got bad and then my mom's and I was the only one who could help them and that's when I stopped accepting work, soon as I realized I was getting too far behind.
I did start accepting a small amount of hand picked work again for a little while in the spring, then my fathers health worsened, and I was having to spend most of my time taking care of him so I stopped accepting work again, then my father died this August which has been a very tough thing for me to endure and set me back again for a while.
My mothers health is now deteriorating and I have been having to spend most my time helping her.
I am still working on getting the back log taken care of but it is taking longer than I had hoped.
I have finished several outstanding projects this week and will continue to work until everything is completed.
I think I should be up to date within the next 30 days as long as nothing gets added to my plate.

I do see that some of the people complaining failed to mention that I didn't charge them for some of the work and also some were given free Moses mags for their extended wait to show my appreciation for their patience and understanding during these trying times for me.

I am in no way saying that should excuse the extended delay.
It just shows I acknowledge and would like to make amends with the people who have been waiting for their projects and show that I appreciate their patience and understanding.

Tvsavery, I should have your project completed this week and headed back your way before Saturday, and I will be including a free Moses mag for you.

kwthor, I should have your sights finished and headed your way by the end of this week, and there will be a free Moses mag included.

jukedaddy_59, I should have yours finished next week and you will also be getting a free Moses mag.

My email once again if anyone needs to get a hold of me is gjohnnygun@yahoo.com

I ask only that you bare with me for 30 more days and everyone should have their stuff completed and back in there possession.

Thank you
Johnny

AZ Dave
November 05, 2014, 20:24
Sorry for your loss Johnny. I just lost my mom a few months back. I hope things get smoother for you...

hangfire762
November 06, 2014, 07:46
I had no idea about tragedy and hard times you have been going through until this week. I'm sorry for your loss and I sincerely apologize if my initial text to you on Monday seemed kinda pushy. All I knew was I hadn't heard anything from you in a bit and I was getting frustrated over attempts to email and PM. The email I was using is the one associated with what's on the FAL FILES contact info. Family, especially parents, always takes priority over anything. I'm an only child and I am the only one who is there when my parents need help. So, I can sympathize with you in that department. Anyway, I wish you nothing but the best Johnny. Don't worry about the work I sent you. If you can't get to it, I understand. Just take care of yourself.

W.E.G.
November 06, 2014, 08:48
Hang tough Johnny.

We love ya, and were rootin' for ya.

You'll come out the other side of this before you know it.

mrbieler
November 07, 2014, 09:05
Johnny, sent you emails to the address above on 10/31 and 11/06. No replies. Last PM I got from you was on 10/10 saying I'd have the flash hider within a week with a free mag for my time. As I said in my reply, the mag won't help. I'm in California.

I realize your loss and I'm very sorry. Lost my dad after a 13 month fight to cancer and now am dealing with my mom. Very difficult situation.

I know I'm only out the money I paid in July for the flash hider and it's not a larger project, but the poor communication and follow up is very frustrating.

moses
November 08, 2014, 03:53
Mrbieler, you are not out the money, I will be sending your flashider within the next 28 days.

As I said above I have not been avoiding anyone if I had seen your emails I would have responded, my main email has been putting quite a few emails in my spam box and I wasn't aware of it as
I have never had that problem with that email doing that before.

I can certainly understand you getting frustrated from not hearing back from me, especially if you had no idea of all the circumstances I have been dealing with recently.

hueyville
November 08, 2014, 04:40
Moses,
Dont know you from Adams house cat but I have read threads back from years about quality of work. Dont worry about this thread, slow down, take deep breath and realize a hillbilly in GA is putting you on his prayer list as I know overwhelming situations happen and you do your best with good intentions but things just get whacked.

After breaking 27 bones (we know of) wife was diagnosed with rare bone disease, put in wheelchair and told to retire. Two months later called.in by doctor for meeting with parents to find out Dad had terminal cancer with 2 to 6 months to live. Left docs office all messed up so took off work rode motorcyle to do Dragon into Tennessee and Cherahola Skyway. 1/4 mile from home dropped 5th, 4th to 3rd gear turned on blinker and deer ran out in front of me and ended up with double compound fracture tibia and fibula left leg. Two weeks hospital then spent as much time with Dad possible while doing home healthcare for wife. Meantime work kept coming in, I took jobs but unable to get it all done. Afraid not to take jobs as at some point bills needed to be paid. But taking didnt mean completing. About time I could walk decent again bitch text messaging did not see red light rear ending me breaking my neck and my back. Tell this story and most assume just big long line of half true excuses to not have work done. I am now averaging an outpatient procedure every three weeks, trying to work, fly to Europe and bring wifes 2,400 dollar a month meds back as customs caught last 5,000 dollar two month order and destroyed. A 5,000 dollar bill thrown in incinerator because Nobama wont approve this medicine so wont have to supply to everyone with severe osteoporosis, hip replacements and some other bone diseases. So with broke back and neck I drag @ss out of bed to either take wife or self to doctor, go to work in big empty building where worked with Dad over 20 years, come home several times a day to get wife to bathroom and feed her, all while dealing with new issue of diagnosed brain cancer, trying to go for infusions and radiaton so wife doesnt know and worry more, get enough work out to pay medical insurance and bills while work piles up around me and afraid to turn down as once do customer finds other vendor and never comes back. It just sucks. Here it is 4:30 am cant sleep due to central sleep apnea docs unsure if cancer or broken neck caused knowing in morning I have to get up, take care of wife, try to do some work, all on sprained ankle where fell off ladder Monday night trying to work after dark due to upset client. Pick one job, oldest you know.customer will pay for when finish, do it then try to do next.

My wife is from SC. We will be in Columbia, Greenville, Spartanburg and Sumpter quite a bit during holidays. I dont like her family much. Once I get her where she needs to go I can go.wandering. If you are near any of those areas I cant do my work so if you want I will come help you some for free. Even if its sweep shop and organize tools or something more complicated. Heck, I will feed the chickens and haul off trash if it helps. I understand oberwhelmed. I understand upset clients. Yes a five minute phone call or email may help but an hour of that a day is a lot of time your not working trying to do one more job. I am serious about help. Dunno where you are in SC but if central upstate sure I can help you a few days from Thanksgiving through Christmas.

adam762
November 08, 2014, 18:54
It's hard just being a normal guy who happens to be good with FALs around here. Especially when you're a normal guy who has about a billion things going on. I'm guilty of poor communication too, as was Pat. It is our own fault and I'll take responsibility for mine, but....

I dunno. I guess I just understand everyone's position, and probably Johnny's more than anyone.

Coneys at the creek sometime again, Mr. Glover?

Hueyville, which cat? There are 5. lol

hueyville
November 08, 2014, 23:31
Adam7.62,
Back in day didn't have the gumby cat5 group. I raced two seasons at cat2. Was really above my pay grade but my job was to profit the team, not be competative. Spent years preceeding and following as a cat 3 rider. I held out waiting to race over 40 masters division to discover that was the toughest class of all. A bunch of old guys with 20 years racing experience and the conditioning to make mince meat out of the unprepared. Have some friends in fifties like me that are winning cat 3 races every weekend. All could ride in cat 2 but only to carry waterbottles to front of group. Racing in cat 3 more fun than working in cat 2.

jukedaddy_59
December 08, 2014, 19:25
anyone have updates ?? :fal:

kwthor
December 08, 2014, 22:19
Nothing yet!

MK ULTRA
December 10, 2014, 18:53
Johnny, sent you emails to the address above on 10/31 and 11/06. No replies. Last PM I got from you was on 10/10 saying I'd have the flash hider within a week with a free mag for my time. As I said in my reply, the mag won't help. I'm in California.

I realize your loss and I'm very sorry. Lost my dad after a 13 month fight to cancer and now am dealing with my mom. Very difficult situation.

I know I'm only out the money I paid in July for the flash hider and it's not a larger project, but the poor communication and follow up is very frustrating.

everyone especially you need to just calm down and let Moses get his work done. He can't get anything done on the phone and computer all day long.

everyone take a chill pill.. I bet you haven't heard that one in a long time.

sorry for all your losses Johnny. I know life can throw you some rough times. I'm going through the same thing and if it wasn't for my wife I don't know what I would do.

jukedaddy_59
December 11, 2014, 09:09
My time to take a chill pill may be running out,had a kidney removed last Oct. (RCC)and its back. Diagnosed with stage 4 with mets to both lungs :facepalm:

start chemo soon.:sad:

moses
December 11, 2014, 15:22
Jukedaddy, I am so sorry to hear that, that's just terrible! Prayers going out your way. I will have your project finished in the next 3 days.
I have finished probably 65% of the work people have been waiting on and should be finished with the rest in the next 14 days.
Good news is everyone who has received there projects back have been very excited and blown away from the high quality of the work!
Although life has thrown a lot of shite sandwiches at me over the last year or so I do not rush any of my jobs and still do the absolute highest quality work I can possibly do, so the quality of the work I am doing for anyone waiting will still be top notch and not rushed! And I am including a free Moses mag to everyone who has had to wait longer than they were supposed to and the really patient ones are getting up to 4 free mags! which is $112 equivalent.

Bad news is my Mom has had a very bad setback that started about 2 weeks ago and I am having to spend a lot of time with her helping her just so she can get through her daily life. She can no longer walk without help and that as you can imagine entails her needing help doing everything, think about that. She is trying to keep her chin up and trying to stay her normal cheerful self but it has caught up with her and she is really having a tough go of it, especially without my dad being there, which until he died in August he had been there for her for 55 years of marriage and 5 years of courtship. she knows nothing else :(

And although I do not mind if you email me or call or text me to check on your project, it does take a lot of time away from me being able to actually work on everyone's projects, so if you can just bare with me for 10 to 14 more days everyone should have their stuff back or headed back to them.

I'm still working at least 18 hour days trying to get finished as soon as I can, well that does include the time I am with my mom but don't think I am not working constantly if I am not at my moms or getting my 5 hours of sleep at night. I have actually been pulling some no sleep days since my mom has worsened, including today.

I'm not wanting pity or sympathy just to let you know I am doing everything I possibly can to get everyone finished up.

Happy Holidays to all my FAL brothers and their families and thanks so much for all the patience and understanding you all have so graciously shown me.:bow:

hangfire762
December 12, 2014, 08:13
Johnny,I received my barrel yesterday. It looks fantastic! I'll be installing it tomorrow. This is the second barrel you've done for me and I've been happy with both. Also, thanks for the Moses Mag. They look nice and locked in perfectly. Thanks a million!

moses
December 13, 2014, 19:26
Great news! Glad you like!!!

Sorry for the delays, I am still planning on being caught up with everyone who has been waiting longer than expected, and if you have been waiting longer than expected expect a free Moses mag with your shipment! (if they are legal in your State)

I haven't been able to work this past week as I got a terrible stomach virus and have been stuck in bed.
I am just now starting to feel a little better.

Thanks for everyone's patience and all your prayers and well wishes for my mom and her health.

mrbieler
December 18, 2014, 09:07
Mrbieler, you are not out the money, I will be sending your flashider within the next 28 days.

As I said above I have not been avoiding anyone if I had seen your emails I would have responded, my main email has been putting quite a few emails in my spam box and I wasn't aware of it as
I have never had that problem with that email doing that before.

I can certainly understand you getting frustrated from not hearing back from me, especially if you had no idea of all the circumstances I have been dealing with recently.

We're once again past another line in the sand you put out for me. Sent you another email this morning with the original paypal receipt. Just send me a refund. I've got a 1/2 dozen similar promises of "shipping soon" or "give me a couple of weeks" from you. None made. Our July 8 conversation and "I'll ship it in a week or two" has dragged out too long. Sorry for all your issues.

moses
January 05, 2015, 17:43
Jeff, sorry I've had more tragedies since last we corresponded, as my Fiancées dad had a major stroke the week before Christmas and my mom's health worsened to the point she needed someone with her all the time, this on top of my dad dying August 7, otherwise you would have had your flashider by now.
I will gladly send you your refund, check your paypal later this evening and you will have it.
Just sent full refund to your Paypal account.

mrbieler
January 05, 2015, 18:09
refund received. thank you. sorry for the issues you're faced with.

moses
January 09, 2015, 15:51
Thank you Jeff, I have never experienced a time like this in my life, especially for such a long stretch of time and just one bad thing after another.

I just found out today my cousin has a brain tumor they just found after trying to figure out what was causing her problems the last 8 months, thank
god she got a second opinion because the first quack she saw who had her on anti seizure medicine and said the spot on her brain was just a lesion (spelling?) that was not anything to worry about.
The Doctor she just saw for a second opinion because the seizures were getting more frequent and worse said it was a tumor and it had grown a lot and is life threatening.
To say the least the whole family is devastated.

Her name is Kelly she is 42 yrs old and any and all well wishes and prayers are welcomed!

Invictus77
January 09, 2015, 16:09
Prayers sent Moses. I lost a close friend /b usiness colleague to a brain tumor at age 42 a few years ago. Devastating is an understatement.

hagar
January 09, 2015, 16:38
Johnny, I really feel for you, you really had your share of bad luck. Hope things will improve, for you and your cousin.:praying:

308/223shooter
January 17, 2015, 11:12
Prayers sent for you and yours mate. While we tend to think everything's being dumped on us at once, remember that God won't give you any more than you can handle. Keep a positive outlook and faith that He will come through for you in the end, no matter what His plan for you is.

.30-06
January 20, 2015, 22:00
The thing that a lot of people forget is that good gunsmiths are hard to come by and the ones that are around are backed up on work because of demand. Not to mention these folks have lives of their own. As frustrating as it can be waiting months and sometimes years for a build, they're just busy with builds that are in the queue.

moses
February 04, 2015, 15:46
Thanks you guys for the well wishes, I don't get to get on here much anymore and really miss it, hopefully soon things will change and I will be able to frequent the board again.

I am slowly but surely getting everyone's projects finished and I should be caught up soon!!!

Thanks for everyone's concerns and well wishes!!!!! :fal::bow:

one hand clapping
February 08, 2015, 10:06
Hang tuff my friend. Though we've met only once- I see you as a kindered spirit, and I am sending ya prayers.
The closer we get to the summit-the stronger the head winds- unfair as F**k -yea.
I can only surmise that we are being tested to see if we deserve the GOOD karma-

I also would volenteer to come help ya for a short time -IF that would really help. I am self contained- just need a flat/dry 10x10 space to set up camp I know theres lots of "little things" that do NOT even get considered ,let alone done when one is dealing with crisis, and pain.
And I KNOW about living with pain.--I do by best to stay ignorant of crissis-, I just deal like its normal BS-and drive on.
Methinks we all are being challanged at this time in our story -some more than others-

Anyhow-IF ya want any cleannng help or even just hang.n with mom and taking care of her needs ,while you get caught up- I'm there for ya- -you have but to ask.
remember- "there is no spoon", our pay off comes in another dimension.

Invictus77
February 08, 2015, 10:26
Hang tuff my friend. Though we've met only once- I see you as a kindered spirit, and I am sending ya prayers.
The closer we get to the summit-the stronger the head winds- unfair as F**k -yea.
I can only surmise that we are being tested to see if we deserve the GOOD karma-

I also would volenteer to come help ya for a short time -IF that would really help. I am self contained- just need a flat/dry 10x10 space to set up camp I know theres lots of "little things" that do NOT even get considered ,let alone done when one is dealing with crisis, and pain.
And I KNOW about living with pain.--I do by best to stay ignorant of crissis-, I just deal like its normal BS-and drive on.
Methinks we all are being challanged at this time in our story -some more than others-

Anyhow-IF ya want any cleannng help or even just hang.n with mom and taking care of her needs ,while you get caught up- I'm there for ya- -you have but to ask.
remember- "there is no spoon", our pay off comes in another dimension.

OHC, that is one of the most generous and well intentioned posts I have seen here :cheers:

lostmybearing
February 08, 2015, 11:27
There are some excellent people on this board. OHC, although we have never met, is definitely one of them. Y'all are why I come here every day.:shades:

thisismyboomstick
November 03, 2015, 18:50
Johnny,

I just sent another email to your yahoo account. Please check your spam folder for it. This is the third email I have sent this year, none of which you have responded to. I have been waiting over 14 months now, and would like to get these projects wrapped up.

kwthor
November 04, 2015, 18:09
Johnny,

I just sent another email to your yahoo account. Please check your spam folder for it. This is the third email I have sent this year, none of which you have responded to. I have been waiting over 14 months now, and would like to get these projects wrapped up.

Mr. Boomstick,
I was able to finally get results by calling the mosesmag phone number.
The guy helping with orders and such told me to text that number and leave a msg. I actually got a txt response from Johnny. That was Sept. 22.
Finally got my peep sights on Oct 1.
Initial order was Dec. 2012 for don't feel too bad about only 14 months. :)

http://www.mosesmag.com/contact/

Good luck!

moses
November 17, 2015, 18:08
I am finally BASICALLY caught up, I have just a couple customers I am doing the final touches on their projects and then will be completely up to date.
I apologize again for the long delays, I have had so many bad family problems the past 2 years and they just keep coming even now, I can't thank all my customers enough for their patience and understanding through all my trials and tribulations, it really means a lot to me and touches my heart. if it wasn't for my Moses mag partner George I would have never been able to get through it all.......
I have been giving free moses mags to my customers to show my appreciation for there patience through it all as a gesture of good will.
And hope that it helps them feel better about the whole ordeal.

I plan on being back to normal business in the next few months
and start accepting more work again.

I have many exciting and possibly big things on the horizon for Moses Machine works in the very near future.

Thank you again to everyone who has stood behind me and I look forward to doing business with you all again soon and back to the normal quick turn around times.

one hand clapping
November 28, 2015, 09:58
Bless ya Johnny, glad you've crested the summit. I'll be placing an order on the first.

SteelonSteel
December 07, 2015, 12:11
Glad to hear you have things mostly on an even keel now.

God bless you and your family. I know how some of it is. My mom has had strokes, blood infections from dialysis done poorly, surgery to replace the damaged port, numerous hospitalizations with pneumonia.

Fortunately there's more than one of us siblings. In fact I'm the 2nd farthest out and am not one of the early emergency call peoples so my sisters carry a lot more weight than I do.

One of those phrases from the Dave Ramsey show applies; "all you can do,...is all you can do."