PDA

View Full Version : I shot a machinegun at River Bend Gun Club today

stimpsonjcat
October 27, 2014, 20:23
Anyone who's been around me long enough knows how long I have been fighting for this to happen. No one died and all rounds are still safely in gun club dirt.

In other news, the Uzi with a 1" buffer in it and the can on it is almost stupid easy to control out to about 25 yards. We were doing movement drills and walk-ups and such and I was barely ever leaving the A-zone.

Expensive training, as usual, but folks that think all subguns are useless are just uninformed.

...now the mini-Uzi...yeah, that might be useless outside of a closet.

L Haney
October 27, 2014, 20:36
In other news, the Uzi with a 1" buffer in it and the can on it is almost stupid easy to control out to about 25 yards.

Uh huh. Do you realize exactly how experienced a shooter you were starting into this?

It matters. A bunch. I've been the instructor for hordes that were new to weapons and got shoved into FA training.

'Tweren't pretty.

SAFN49
October 27, 2014, 22:04
Out of all of them I would have to give top marks to the Swedish K. I think it is better than even a HK MP5.

John A
October 27, 2014, 22:11
I enjoy shooting subguns.

Here's me shooting mine. I love it.

And I know what you're saying about people thinking that shooting full auto is "pray and spray". That's just bullshit from people that don't know what they're talking about or doing.

Registered receiver is a Mac 10/9 with a Lage MK2 upper on it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLnNKeCCTh0

W.E.G.
October 28, 2014, 08:39
Did the fudds make you put a wood stock and a 32" barrel on it?

stimpsonjcat
October 30, 2014, 15:12
Did the fudds make you put a wood stock and a 32" barrel on it?

I prefer the wood Uzi stock.

stimpsonjcat
October 30, 2014, 15:13
Uh huh. Do you realize exactly how experienced a shooter you were starting into this?

It matters. A bunch. I've been the instructor for hordes that were new to weapons and got shoved into FA training.

'Tweren't pretty.

You say the nicest things, El.

I've actually shot the Uzi a LOT. I even won the Knob Creek jungle walk with it once.

John A
October 30, 2014, 15:15
I prefer the wood Uzi stock.

I put a wood stock on my semi uzi too.

I don't like the uzi folder at all.

greenpeas
November 06, 2014, 09:50
Once you use the wood stock you'll never go back.

Jarhead504
November 06, 2014, 22:21
Subguns are not useless however what happened is that the Glock 17 or 19 with a 32 round magazine and two or three more at the ready has put many old style, bulky, semi-auto subguns clones in the obsolete lane. I mean, they are still cool and all, but so was I back in the '70's and '80's.

I love my M-14 clones but I KNOW that some of the modern AR-10 style rifles and 100x better overall in terms of accuracy, ease of maintenance, ability to mount optics, weight, ease of perfect free-floating vs expensive, tedious, finicky glass-bedding, economics and possibly ergonomics. Look at how many of the FAL guys fawn over their SCAR even thought their FALs are sexier and sleeker. The old gals just can't out perform the new ones.

Jarhead

Surly
November 06, 2014, 22:45
Once you use the wood stock you'll never go back.

The folder is for impressing the rubes.:homerdrool:

Lee Carpentieri
November 07, 2014, 03:06
I have 5 NFA F/A 9mm SMG's,
Colt M16A2 RO635 with the DOE barrel on it.
HK MP-5K-N PDW.
S+W M76.
Swedish-K B-model
SWD M-11 with a Bowers CAC-9 Supressor.

The Swedish-K is the most accurate of all of them due to the 8 inch barrel and the slowested of them all. I can even feather the trigger to get it to shoot semi-auto, Plus I can use 9mm+P+ all day long and change from stick mags to coffin mags to soumi drums. I also have 100 rnd Beta drums for the Colt and HK.:shades:

Andy the Aussie
November 07, 2014, 03:20
Out of all of them I would have to give top marks to the Swedish K. ..... yep... UZI is cool but the K takes the day ...!!!!

Edited to add (now I read all the way to the bottom)...it is Lee's (above) K I was shooting.... :)

hueyville
November 09, 2014, 05:13
Only two of my remaining class 3 guns are matched set of supressed M11's in 380. Like walking through the house with a room length electric carving knife. Easy to manuver, controllable one handed and a 10 round burst of 380 will immediately make a bad guys day go into the suck column. Wife can handle with her weakened state and if forgets to lock wheels on wheelchair does not go spinning uncontrollably around the room.