PDA

View Full Version : Ammo Cans from AIM

W.E.G.
October 26, 2014, 15:58
These ones: http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?groupid=838&name=NEW+UNISSUED+MIL-SPEC+AMMO+CANS

Buddy of mine had a flood in his basement when the power failed during a rainstorm and the sump-pump quit working.

Most of his ammo and reloading supplies survived unscathed.

The 5.56 Black Hills match ammo only got "a little bit wet."
He wanted me to sell it for him.
I asked him what did he think the random buyer would pay for ammo that "only got a little bit wet?"
The boxes were damp(ish) and there was no mistaking that moisture had gotten to most of it.
He got the point, and he accepted my offer to buy it at 40 cents per round.
I shot it all last-season, and earned my Distinguished Rifleman badge with it.
Shitty fugking ammo, I tell ya.

Anyhow, he dumped all his ammo and reloading supplies on the floor of my basement.

Right between the bottom of the stairs and the laundry room.

(insert image of nonplused wife here)

Some of it was already in ammo cans, but I'd say about 60% of it was in one odd-sized, open box of one form or another.

I asked him how long he thought it would take to unfuck his basement so he could take all this stuff back.
He didn't answer.

I suggested "Maybe 90 days?
He still didn't answer.

Well, there it sat.
One month... two months... three months... winter goes by... spring goes by... summer goes by...

Shit's still sitting there.

So, I send him an email, and say listen amigo, I know you don't (think you) have the dough to fix the basement. I'm ordering enough ammo cans to get this shit off the floor, and I'll add it to my already-too-large pile of my own ammo dump. And I'm gonna sell enough of your ammo to pay for the cans.
(Buddy and his wife are BOTH lawyers, and they own two houses, but they can't fix the carpet and wallboard in their basement over the course of an entire year.)

Two battle packs of Hirt paid for the lot, and with about $30 left over.

Ammo cans from AIM show up on the front porch.
Wife says, "WTF?!!!!... MORE FUGKING AMMO CANS?!!!!" :WTF:
Well.... yes dear. I've only got one friend, and I can't make him come get the ammo, and I'm not going to just dump it in his driveway.
Besides, I'm the one who talked him into buying all this stuff over the years.

The new ammo cans from AIM even smelled good.
Popping the latches, and opening them with that signature "FOOOMPH" sound even gave me a semi. :motorboating:

The cans were in perfect new condition.
All the gaskets were perfect.
I made labels for all the different ammo, and I stacked the cans just so.
You can hardy tell that my ammo dump looks any different now.
Except its one layer higher.

My buddy will probably never come get this ammo.
I guess I've "inherited" it.

I just wish I could reasonably expect to live long enough to shoot it all.
:highpower:

yellowhand
October 26, 2014, 16:12
They are very good cans, but I do have one question:
You are friends with not just one, everyone can be granted a pass for one, but with two lawyers?:biggrin:;)

W.E.G.
October 26, 2014, 18:14
Well, I don't think his wife is too crazy about me, so we'll just count one for now.

yellowhand
October 26, 2014, 19:48
Well, I don't think his wife is too crazy about me, so we'll just count one for now.

Oh good, You had me worried for a while!:tongue::smile:

yovinny
October 27, 2014, 07:27
What do they bang you on shipping for ammo cans ?

FWIW, Rural king also has the brand new 50 cans on special in the latest flier for the same $12.95ea
They just started stocking them a year ago at $19.95 and the price was down to $14.95 a few weeks ago.
Seems to be a lot more supply than demand for ammo cans,,,,Probably cause of cut backs on DOD ammo contracts :|

Cheers, YV

Blackmore
October 27, 2014, 10:51
What do they bang you on shipping for ammo cans ?

Cheers, YV

I checked. OH->NH for 12 - about $3.85@

For 6 - $5.23@

A little spendy.

FALonious
October 27, 2014, 11:08
The cans from AIM are new Taiwan mfg.

yovinny
October 27, 2014, 14:54
The cans from AIM are new Taiwan mfg.

Not that I've looked too closely at any, but how do you tell the difference, are they marked ?

nwobhm
October 27, 2014, 15:11
Not that I've looked too closely at any, but how do you tell the difference, are they marked ?

Marked on the bottom.

W.E.G.
October 27, 2014, 17:09
I checked. OH->NH for 12 - about $3.85@

For 6 - $5.23@

A little spendy.

Yep.

If being equal to the price of 11 rounds of .30 cal ammo is "spendy," then that they are.

FALonious
October 27, 2014, 17:10
Plus at least in AIM's case, they tell you in the ad.

kev
October 27, 2014, 21:55
Well, I don't think his wife is too crazy about me,..........

Are you kidding? She LOVES you. All your buddy's crap is piled in your house and out of hers,...........she loves you.

Blackmore
October 28, 2014, 11:58
Yep.

If being equal to the price of 11 rounds of .30 cal ammo is "spendy," then that they are.

Should have qualified this.

There'll be new ones at the gunshow next month that I'll be at anyway (working) for $15.00 with no sales tax here in NH.

MAINER
October 28, 2014, 14:43
Natchez has 50MM (?) cans for $9.95. They sure look like 50 cal. cans to me.

That's all I know about them.

http://www.natchezss.com/product.cfm?contentID=productDetail&prodID=WW50MM