PDA

View Full Version : Binding while slide is fully back

raubvogel
October 21, 2014, 10:14
What would cause the slide to be stuck all the way to the back when you rack it? i.e. what could be binding? I can tap it and it will slide back to battery, sometimes even doing that on its own, but it does not feel proper.

I did notice the barrel link felt a bit stiff when I rotated it around the pin with my fingers; is that a good place to start debugging?

Wildcat
October 21, 2014, 14:34
Could be any of several possibilities.

Field strip the pistol and try the slide (alone) on the assembled frame w/o the barrel or recoil spring parts.

If you can't recreate the problem with just those parts, put the barrel (and bushing if it has one) in the slide and try again; (with slide stop installed too. :D )

What recoil spring are you using?

Does it bind with or without the magazine in the gun or does it matter?

L Haney
October 21, 2014, 17:07
^ Good place to start.

Methane
October 25, 2014, 22:55
What would cause the slide to be stuck all the way to the back when you rack it? i.e. what could be binding? I can tap it and it will slide back to battery, sometimes even doing that on its own, but it does not feel proper.

I did notice the barrel link felt a bit stiff when I rotated it around the pin with my fingers; is that a good place to start debugging?

Is this pistol new right out of the box? Maybe the slide is hanging up on the disconnector? The action should become a lot smoother after a few hundred rounds.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/dpiMSZiutT0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>