PDA

View Full Version : Old Man Glock and his Glockwives

Story
October 10, 2014, 11:47
ATLANTA (AP) — After working decades to build a wildly successful firearms company, Gaston Glock conspired with associates to push out his ex-wife and business partner of almost 50 years and steal millions of dollars from her, according to a lawsuit filed Thursday in federal court in Atlanta.

They participated in a worldwide racketeering scheme aimed at taking money from Helga Glock, who was divorced from her husband in 2011, through various criminal methods, including improper royalty payments, laundering money through fraudulent billing companies, and sham lease and loan agreements, the lawsuit claims.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/business/2014/10/09/ex-wife-of-glock-founder-sues-him-over-millions/16985011/

brunop
October 10, 2014, 13:41
The "they" in "...they conspired to ..." is the 32 year old nurse that he started banging while in hospital (eta: now his wife).

I'm sure she is innocent and surprised by all of this.

L Haney
October 10, 2014, 14:20
I'm sure she is innocent and surprised by all of this.

:rumprider:

VALMET
October 10, 2014, 16:41
This doesn't surprise me one bit.

moonbat60
October 11, 2014, 17:23
Gaston Glock is / was greedy, and he got things figured out pretty well how to sell his inferior pistols to the masses.

What Glock lacks in greed his female partner(s) will make up for.

He should have stuck to making his old stuff and stay out of the gun world.

Up till today I've never owned a Glock and I never will. Not that I hate the design. I strongly dislike the company and its ways of sales / marketing.

I might buy a Glock if they would sell them at $150 MSRP or so, which is IMHO a reasonable price for one.

With all the plastic on it, I still wonder why it says "Made in Austria" and not "Made in China" or such.

Most of the tupperware sold around here is stamped that way.

yellowhand
October 11, 2014, 17:57
Gaston Glock is / was greedy, and he got things figured out pretty well how to sell his inferior pistols to the masses.

What Glock lacks in greed his female partner(s) will make up for.

He should have stuck to making his old stuff and stay out of the gun world.

Up till today I've never owned a Glock and I never will. Not that I hate the design. I strongly dislike the company and its ways of sales / marketing.

I might buy a Glock if they would sell them at $150 MSRP or so, which is IMHO a reasonable price for one.

With all the plastic on it, I still wonder why it says "Made in Austria" and not "Made in China" or such.

Most of the tupperware sold around here is stamped that way.

BOO!

moonbat60
October 11, 2014, 18:34
BOO!

Boo back atcha, yh !

yellowhand
October 11, 2014, 21:24
:biggrin:
I'd carried about every major issued handgun, Sigs, BHP, 1911's, revolvers, and like many, didn't think much of Glocks.
Picked up a bunch of mags from a friend real cheap for a 17 for another friend.
He had about 50 mags, so I kept them.
So, bought me a 17.
Tried everything possible to make that thing not fire, other than a sledge hammer, and it just kept on ticking.
I even froze the damn thing in a tub of ice once.
Then took it and placed it on the hood of my Jeep, when it was 110 outside.
Once I could rack the slide, emptied the magazine, thing worked, and steamed cleaned its self.:biggrin:
I still own about everything under the sun, but sitting here, a converted forty to 357 Sig and a 32 or 33, got both, but the smaller one, sitting right beside it on the coffee table. It has a laser built into the rear sight, for use at night time here on the border.
Ugly, yea, works, yep.

juanni
October 11, 2014, 22:05
I love my Glocks as much as Katrin loves Gaston. :p

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/Gaston_Glock_Spaete_Vaterfreuden_mit_84-Suesses_Babygeruecht-Story-406197_630x356px_1_89uFgXK8rZhXs-630x260.jpg

..........juanni

moonbat60
October 12, 2014, 00:38
Katrin is just an Austrian golddigger....

As I said in my post above, I would buy one at $150 MSRP. To me they are overpriced pieces of tupperware.

I never questioned that they will work though.

Back in the 1980's while doingmy army service, I carried an FN made HiPower, which was just as dependable as the Glock. I took the magazine disconnect out and tossed it with its spring into the parts bin and never looked back.

This HP went with me from northern Norway to the M.E., and every place in between. It never failed me.

yellowhand
October 12, 2014, 03:10
The BHP was also my friend on several deployments, mostly in the middle east in the mid 70's thru early 1984.
But I must admit, had I had access to a 17 / 19, the BHP would have been kept on my night stand.
For me, it would have been a far better choice under the circumstances, then and now, given all things equal.
As far as the old fellow they are named after, could care less, don't run in those circles and never will.
85 and a young girl friend/wife, who am I to judge.

moonbat60
October 12, 2014, 05:53
yh, I never said that Glocks were bad pistols, they work.

I think that they are just way overrated and for what one is getting, too expensive.

Sure, BHPs, SIGs and 1911s don't come for free either.

TheRussian
October 12, 2014, 11:10

I think that they are just way overrated and for what one is getting, too expensive.

And alllllll the other copycat pistols are overpriced as well??

See a shrink, stat... Just wow. Unbalanced much?

Varangian
October 12, 2014, 11:16

So you put an accurate, reliable, proven pistol at the same price point as a Lorcin just because you don't like the incredibly tough and battle-proven polymer the lower frame is made from?

You realize you make no sense and sound like some bigoted idiot, right?

yellowhand
October 12, 2014, 12:24

I understand, was talking about my experiences with handguns.
It's like removing the recoil spring, etc from a 1911 vs a Glock.
Glock comes out in one piece and stays together, 1911, 3 or 4 parts, all that can and do become lost/ separated at the exact wrong times.
Training to separate and clean a Glock, 5 minutes, a 1911 several days???? and I still have people bring me their 1911 in a brown paper bag in parts to assemble, never had that happen with a Glock, at least yet.

The other thing I love about them, no external safety and no pressure on anything when carried condition one. Also, no external hammer.
All these parts on a 1911 do wear and break and are a pain in the ass for an average person to replace, reason we have so many dedicated 1911 smiths, all of which are expensive.

I suspect a lot of the bad talk about Glocks, came from 1911 smiths, hurt their business, and the Glock 21 and the 1911 do the exact same thing, place 45 acp rounds on target.

Anyone got a video of out of the box 1911's and Glock 21's fired from a machine rest with same ammo?

yellowhand
October 12, 2014, 12:28
Oh, and I'll be the first guy to buy a complete aluminum/no rust slide and barrel, if or when someone comes up with a design/metal that works.
No rust possible on any part, ever, the holy grail of handguns.
Hope its in my lifetime.

moonbat60
October 12, 2014, 19:51
So you put an accurate, reliable, proven pistol at the same price point as a Lorcin just because you don't like the incredibly tough and battle-proven polymer the lower frame is made from?

You realize you make no sense and sound like some bigoted idiot, right?

Varangian,

I'm a foremost SIG, 1911 and BHP guy. I like my guns to be MOSTLY steel. I don't live in that tupperware part of the gun world.

Oh, I do own one tupperware pistol, which happens to be - no Glock. It is a Springfield XD service .40/9.

Glocks to me are cheaply made pistols selling at more than what they are worth.

To each his own. Some folks like Honda cars, some like Kia, I like Toyota.

Some folks ride on a Harley, others like a Suzuki, Kawasaki, Honda or Yamaha.

Some folks's bikes are made mostly out of metal, others like a Jap crotch rocket with lots of polymer on it.

Some folks can drink Bud Light, I like my draught Guinness.

Comparisons are many. I would never say that Glocks are bad guns, even though I disagree with that company's advertising and selling, as well as their way of conducting business.

Some folks think that Glocks are the Holy Grail of handguns, I think they are not. But neither is a 1911, a BHP or a Desert Eagle.

I also don't subscribe to theories like, if the .......(federal agency name to be inserted here) uses it, it must be good, because they sure would not buy some bad stuff :facepalm:

I choose my own guns, as it is my $$$ going over the counter for that.

moonbat60
October 12, 2014, 19:57
And alllllll the other copycat pistols are overpriced as well??

See a shrink, stat... Just wow. Unbalanced much?

I would not describe myself as unbalanced, I just know what I like spending my $$$ on and what I don't.

To each his own.............you know.

To quote Col. Jeff Cooper:

"If you can't tell the difference, you're either deaf, illiterate or tasteless" ( to me, and I'm speaking strictly of myself here, owning a Glock is tasteless).

"Telling the difference is what your mind is for".

moonbat60
October 12, 2014, 20:03
A buddy of mine, longtime local LEO (and a good guy) told me about his observations: most Americans do not hesitate owning a $20k Harley, a $30k boat and a car / truck / SUV at $50k, but when it comes to spending more that $500 on a handgun, they balk.

That is the segment of the market Glocks are made for.

Nomad, 2nd
October 13, 2014, 06:53
A buddy of mine, longtime local LEO (and a good guy) told me about his observations: most Americans do not hesitate owning a $20k Harley, a $30k boat and a car / truck / SUV at $50k, but when it comes to spending more that $500 on a handgun, they balk.

I very much disagree.
I own more than 400 firearms.
I literally do not know how many guns I own that are worth more than $1k

I like 1911's (have 11)
No lock S&W revolvers (have... Over 50, no idea how many over 50)
And Hi Powers, bout 1/2 dozen.

I carry Glocks.

Sorry, no.

Glocks are the AK of handguns.

They aren't the most accurate, the trigger isnt the best, but I can ht a pepper popper at 100 with a subcompact.
How much better do I need?
(and I haven't found something to beat the compact:subcompact pairing)

My last G19 I bought was $361.25
Last G23 was $300 with night sights and a couple mags.

A similar quality 1911 or P35 is much more.

Arik
October 13, 2014, 08:02
Dont care what he does in his private life. Im sure each and every firearms company has a head huncho who does/did something we dont like. Hell, has anyone read up on Kahr? Anyway, I dont buy their firearms because they people are cool I buy them because its a tool of self defence. All I care is if its reliable and quality built. I ownt mainly HK and Glock with a Sig and a S&W thrown in.

I dont know what price go for in your area but I havnt paid more than $400 for any Glock. Most of them cost me around $350. Just bought a used unfired G22 with 2 mags and night sights for $315

yellowhand
October 13, 2014, 10:46
I very much disagree.
I own more than 400 firearms.
I literally do not know how many guns I own that are worth more than $1k

I like 1911's (have 11)
No lock S&W revolvers (have... Over 50, no idea how many over 50)
And Hi Powers, bout 1/2 dozen.

I carry Glocks.

Sorry, no.

They aren't the most accurate, the trigger isnt the best, but I can ht a pepper popper at 100 with a subcompact.
How much better do I need?
(and I haven't found something to beat the compact:subcompact pairing)

My last G19 I bought was $361.25
Last G23 was $300 with night sights and a couple mags.

A similar quality 1911 or P35 is much more.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This!

TheRussian
October 13, 2014, 10:56

You forgot to add "in my opinion" which as displayed in this thread, means less than jack shit to anyone with a normally functioning brain.

I have enough money to buy whatever handgun I want.
I have had high dollar 1911s, BHP, etc etc.

Sold them all and use a Glock.

Your emotions in letting a person's behavior influence (ohh Gaston Glock is a womanizer, and greedy) your thoughts on a weapon, is like a housewife's emotion based decision making.

yellowhand
October 13, 2014, 11:10
I'm surprised someone has not brought up KCI mags yet, those cheap Korean mags for Glocks.:eek:
Which do work, and are cheap, and with 60 seconds of file work to smooth out the witness holes inside, are just fine.
I often load 20 + mags the night before hitting the range, and nearly every time, someone stops by the bench and tells me Glock mags are 1.expensive 2.KCI mags don't work.
All at the same time I'm running mag after mag thru my weapons, mostly KCI mags, all without a misfire/mis-loading.
The internet experts on Glocks always get me laughing, the ones that have never owned a Glock or ever held a KCI mag.

DYNOMIKE
October 13, 2014, 12:15
Some funny shit posted here... :rofl:

moonbat60
October 13, 2014, 13:16
You forgot to add "in my opinion" which as displayed in this thread, means less than jack shit to anyone with a normally functioning brain.

Your emotions in letting a person's behavior influence (ohh Gaston Glock is a womanizer, and greedy) your thoughts on a weapon, is like a housewife's emotion based decision making.

:rofl:

We see right here who's getting emotional.

TheRussian
October 13, 2014, 13:52
:rofl:

We see right here who's getting emotional.

Yeah I am soooo emotional and upset in wanting you to actually type out correct English rather than spew your opinion as fact, LMAO.... Your logic in this, is equivalent to the "logic" of your Glock hate.... Like non existent and laughable

moonbat60
October 13, 2014, 17:48
I do not hate Glocks, generally speaking, but as I said before, in my opinion they are not as good as some people claim to be, and not at the MSRP the company is asking for them.

It is like so many things, personal preference.

Besides, we all can make different choices, and that's what it is all about, or do you want to drive the same car as your next door neighbors up and down your street, or like the 10,000 or so other citizens in your hometown ? :facepalm:

I sure won't.

October 13, 2014, 18:48
there is no fool like an old fool. my uncle, 75 years stupid, pretty well off, hooked up with a 20 something white trash meth ho. now he's hooked and breakin bad. true love is a mo fo.

Beckman
October 14, 2014, 01:06
Unsurprisingly, Hugh Heffner, in his eighties, also likes younger women. It's obvious what he sees in her, and it's obvious what she sees in him.

http://cdn.ndtv.com/movies/images/hefner-crystal1.jpg

Exit308
October 21, 2014, 09:42
Some funny shit posted here... :rofl:

+1

quicksand
November 09, 2014, 04:04

Thanks for clearing that up for us Alfred Einstein we was thinking that been you's opinion he was a postin'.

grumpy1
November 22, 2014, 18:29
Varangian,

I'm a foremost SIG, 1911 and BHP guy. I like my guns to be MOSTLY steel. I don't live in that tupperware part of the gun world.

Oh, I do own one tupperware pistol, which happens to be - no Glock. It is a Springfield XD service .40/9.

So let me get this straight, you only like a plastic pistol IF its a failed design (XD ). Yes it was a failed design, it was first brought out by CZ as the CZ2000 and was to be the BEST handgun ever. As I recall it didn't last much more than a year on the market before it was pulled. Then Springfield went to CZ and redesigned the the gun. Even with Springfield's input it still didn't come out right, I had 4 officers I worked with that choose to carry the XD, 3 out of the 4 had to send their XD's back to have major problems fixed, like failing to feed rounds from the mag, failing to eject spent cases, etc.

How come you don't own a Sig Pro they're a plastic gun and its made buy Sig and from your posts your a Sig man. Why no love for the Sig Pro?

I've owned and shot a lot a different hand guns, and for me I haven't found a handgun that is as reliable and accurate for the same money. I've shot a $2500 Wilson Combat 1911 side by side with at $500 Taurus and a $900 S&W 1911s and all worked the same and I couldnt tell a difference in group size at 25 yards. In the fit and finish department there was a big difference.

For me I'll bet my life on my Glocks.

warden
November 22, 2014, 19:32
Grumpy 1, is that you Jack? Best to you Brother, always!

4x401
November 22, 2014, 20:07
I do not hate Glocks, generally speaking, but as I said before, in my opinion they are not as good as some people claim to be, and not at the MSRP the company is asking for them.

It is like so many things, personal preference.

Besides, we all can make different choices, and that's what it is all about, or do you want to drive the same car as your next door neighbors up and down your street, or like the 10,000 or so other citizens in your hometown ? :facepalm:

I sure won't.

I agree with 99.5% of what you said..:)

Firearms choices are (and should be), well thought out personal choices.. What fits one person, certainly won't fit another.

But as far as what Gaston asks for his pistols goes, your Personal valuation of the product is meaningless.

Having carried/shot most calibers/designs in my 53 year existence, I lay my life (and my family's life) on the G-21 that rests less that 2 feet from my hand at all times.

spider991
November 23, 2014, 12:44
I agree with 99.5% of what you said..:)

Firearms choices are (and should be), well thought out personal choices.. What fits one person, certainly won't fit another.

But as far as what Gaston asks for his pistols goes, your Personal valuation of the product is meaningless.

Having carried/shot most calibers/designs in my 53 year existence, I lay my life (and my family's life) on the G-21 that rests less that 2 feet from my hand at all times.

I agree on both parts....my glock 21 is in my holster every day and I also trust my life with it without reservation. ..but guns are like ice cream, million different flavors, something for anyone depending on your tastes. .....oh and one note on prices....glocks buot four hundred ish....you priced a sig or HK lately?

yellowhand
November 23, 2014, 14:16
Just received a police trade in from CDNN.
On sale, 329.00 for a Glock 22.
SN says it was made 7 years ago.
Night sights, steel, still bright.
Not one mark on outside, a few wear/brush marks on barrel.
Mag brand new.
3 inches at 25 yards.
Fired 200 rounds, not one issue.
Got Colts (6), BHP's(Practicals & standards), Enhanced Springfield's, Taurus, Remington's, etc.
Carry guns, all Glocks, things simply work.
Will convert this one, like my others, to 357 Sig, with LW barrel.

K. Funk
November 26, 2014, 08:57
I'm like Nomad, I don't know how many guns I have, but I do know that I don't own any Glocks. I don't really know why. I have sold quite a few. I am more into wheel guns right now and I do have quite a few autos. I like full size autos, so there may be a 20 or 21 in my future some day. I don't see any Taurus's in my future.

krf

VALMET
November 26, 2014, 09:34
My Gen 3 Glock 21 is arguably my favorite Glock. Bought new over 10 years ago, thousands of rounds thru and has always ran 100%. IMO the best all-around .45 $ can buy right now (especially an older one).

gunplumber
November 26, 2014, 11:01
I guess whoever came up with the thread title, never actually read King Lear, as there is little if any similarity.

yellowhand
November 26, 2014, 16:53
I guess whoever came up with the thread title, never actually read King Lear, as there is little if any similarity.

:bow::cheers:

Story
March 31, 2017, 07:07
GlockDrama update

A legal feud between pistol tycoon Gaston Glock and his ex-wife, Helga, has ended with a resounding victory for the legendary gunmaker. A federal judge in Atlanta dismissed a racketeering lawsuit filed by Helga Glock in which she accused her former husband of siphoning off millions of dollars from the family firearm empire.

U.S. District Judge Thomas Thrash Jr. dismissed the RICO suit last week as unsubstantiated and nebulously stated. Thrash criticized the complaint as a “shotgun pleading,” meaning one “replete with conclusory, vague, and immaterial facts not obviously connected to any particular cause of action.”
http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/glock-defeats-ex-wife%E2%80%99s-dollar500-million-%E2%80%98shotgun%E2%80%99-racketeering-suit/ar-BBz4gJs?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Current model GlockWife here (http://www.dressage-international.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/glock.jpg) (2nd from right.)

TenTea
March 31, 2017, 09:59
Have a friend who is a Glock fanatic and I have tried all types of Gaston's guns in many sizes and chamberings, but have never warmed up to them as they just don't fit me comfortably.

I don't hate them, but merely despise them. :wink:

I tend toward steel framed revolvers and autos, usually old S&W's and 1911's.
Biased, maybe... :)

CG&L
March 31, 2017, 11:20
I'm kinda surprised that most here think that an ex-wife would tell the truth about anything

hagar
March 31, 2017, 11:22
Unsurprisingly, Hugh Heffner, in his eighties, also likes younger women. It's obvious what he sees in her, and it's obvious what she sees in him.

The only time in the future that I will ever be in a hot body again, is when they cremate my ass.. :facepalm:

yellowhand
March 31, 2017, 14:30
If I owned Glock, would be renting, short term leases, and not buying hot young ladies.:rofl:
Put about 15,000 miles on them, get a new one, repeat!:)
When you buy one, ya kinda stuck with it, and then it cost money on upkeep and you always loose money when you get rid of the thing.:uhoh:

randy762ak
April 01, 2017, 10:36
If I owned Glock, would be renting, short term leases, and not buying hot young ladies.:rofl:
When you buy one, ya kinda stuck with it, and then it cost money on upkeep and you always loose money when you get rid of the thing.:uhoh:

WELL Said !!

:bow:

I have a Mdl. 22 40 Cal ,,Got it for the ex wife to carry,,Too Big for her pistol purse so she ended up with a mustang ,,after divorce I ended up with her guns. Like the Others have said --I dont Like the Man or his marketing But The Product works and functions like it should !!

Impala_Guy
April 01, 2017, 17:47
Glocks were made for modern US police and European para military forces, a significant portion of whom are as big a danger to themselves and innocent bystanders with a firearm as they are to suspects. In that role, their safe action and large magazine are certainly well suited to the job. That said they are also excellent for the rest of us, but they are not the only choice in a $500 sidearm. I like my 1911s, but I usually leave them locked up in favor of a Glock 17 or if you like steel, a CZ75. I can't ignore the fact that with 3 magazines of Jhp I'm carrying a full box of ammunition in a relatively small pistol with nearly the power of a .357 magnum revolver.

SPEEDGUNNER
April 01, 2017, 19:13

I have always likened Glocks to Craftsman tools...your tool box is full of shiny Snap-On tools but you reach for the Craftsman when the job gets dirty... But I think I like Nomad's comment better.

Nomad, 2nd
April 02, 2017, 11:59

Isn't he in his 80's?

He probably considers it short term!:biggrin:

yellowhand
April 02, 2017, 13:30
Isn't he in his 80's?

He probably considers it short term!:biggrin:

At one time, 64 looked like near death, and 80 was unthinkable!:uhoh::whistling::tongue::rofl:

Hell, neither look that bad today!:uhoh::rofl:

Perspective is everything!:)

ftierson
April 02, 2017, 14:57
The only time in the future that I will ever be in a hot body again, is when they cremate my ass.. :facepalm:

:)

Forrest

April 09, 2017, 00:11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hagar
The only time in the future that I will ever be in a hot body again, is when they cremate my ass..:facepalm:

:)

Forrest

Damn, ...ain't that the truth!:wink:

gates
April 09, 2017, 22:16
Hmm... I have 5 or 6 of them and like them just fine, but I also like FN, Sig, CZ, Springer, Baer, Wilson, S&W, HK... Glocks are indestructible and go bang every time:-) different strokes - when I want aesthetically pleasing I shoot a Sig, a BHP or a Springer Pro - when I might beat the shit out of a sidearm I pull out a Glock:D

.30-06
April 16, 2017, 22:39
My Colt 1911 is by far my favorite pistol, however you cant beat the ruggedness and reliability of a Glock. Enough said.

base704
April 17, 2017, 03:57

If it floats, flies, or f@#ks, it's cheaper to rent. :wink:

hueyville
April 21, 2017, 09:26
Have never owned a Glock and the model I want they won't sell me. The G25 is only full size high capacity 380 on the market. They sell them to civilians in Europe and South America but not U.S. They put adjustible sights on them to earn enough points to import then remove the sights once "in-country" and sell to law enforcement only. Why in heck go to that much trouble and disqualify 90+% of your potential market. A G25 would be perfect pistol for my wife. She currently has three Walther PK380's as her primary pistols. Would happily lay a G25 on her nightstand and put one in her truck. Purchased two boxes of the new Hornady Critical Defense 100 grain Low Recoil 9mm rounds to test with her in a SIG 2022. If she likes will pick up another couple of SIG's for her.

Something about a polymer slide in polymer frame, striker fired pistol just has never attracted me. I don't dislike or hate Glock's, just only model have a need for can't buy. Can buy G25 magazines with no issue. If Wolf, Glock Meister or anyone made a 380 barrel for a G19 could swap barrel and mag, swap springs and have a G25 clone. Perfect girly gun for cops only...

WJ-Polish Guy
April 21, 2017, 14:43
What this all this soap drama shit has to do with anything? Guy build successful company out of nothing while others were loosing money trying to sell the same thing.
He is on level with apple, Microsoft and other modern industry heroes .

chino*74
April 21, 2017, 21:49
My G-27 is my all time CCW piece & I can carry it concealed easily, all day long...I would not trade it for anything. Night sights & Talon grip wrap or skater tape makes it perfect. Gen 3 for me even though I am a lefty...

Bawana jim
April 25, 2017, 11:23
Tool for removing magazine floor plate....

http://www.coltforum.com/forums/want-sell/220770-any-glock-owners-out-there-mag-opening-tool.html#post1772178

April 29, 2017, 00:24
gaston likes guns & babes - its all good

chino*74
May 04, 2017, 20:06
BJ that tool looks useful, might get one or fabricate my own...thnx.:cool: