PDA

View Full Version : So i have a 1911 and want a threaded barrel.

Zach B.
October 05, 2014, 21:59
Well i have a 1911 that is getting worked on by a retired AMU armorer. He said he could easily fit a new barrel and ive always wanted a threaded one. Does anybody recommend kart or lone wolf barrels? Also how about correct suppressor height sights? I know that some makers do correct height front and rear sights. I would be looking for sights with tritium for when i shoot at night at the range.

Zach B.
November 03, 2014, 23:59
Any ideas are appreciated. I got my 1911 back and iy has a fantastic trigger now. Still looking for a threaded barrel to buy someday.:wink:

CamW
November 05, 2014, 01:49
Check with Bar Sto Precision, they make threaded 1911 barrels. Excellent quality products, great people to do business with.

http://www.barsto.com/category_main.cfm?ID=GV&cco=24

http://www.barsto.com/T&P.cfm

Suppressor sights:

http://www.nighthawkcustom.com/shop/sights/suppressor-sights-for-1911s.html

raexcct2
November 05, 2014, 22:01
+1 on Barsto. They did my new barrel on my New Detonics Service Master.

Slo cat
November 07, 2014, 11:39
Barstow's are great, pricey, not always available. Kart's are quality too, cheaper, & plentiful, check with Brownells.

Zach B.
November 07, 2014, 23:35
Thank you very much. That nighthawk set is exactly what i was looking for. Im gonna have to find some cash and order em.:)

hueyville
November 09, 2014, 03:11
raexxcet2,
New Detonics? Are they up and running again? I have varients from original and second venture. Wont chase more. I like my Pendergrass Ga guns as only 20 minutes from house to original location.

raexcct2
November 09, 2014, 13:44
raexxcet2,
New Detonics? Are they up and running again? I have varients from original and second venture. Wont chase more. I like my Pendergrass Ga guns as only 20 minutes from house to original location.
My New Detonics is from the second revival of the company when they were made in Arizona and I believe Robbie Barrkman ran the company. I bought it from Col. Bob Gideon, a Detonics collector, back in 1991 or 1992. This is one pistol that is never getting sold. Serial number less than 100.

I never cared much for the newer models.

hueyville
November 09, 2014, 23:08
raexxect,
Original Detonics and Randalls are the only two manufacturers I will chase other than pristene old Colts. Randal was only in business 82 & 83 while I was in college. First company to use almost exclusive CNC machining. I have two of their true mirror image left hand 1911's. Lotta fun to grab up a righty and a lefty and watch brass eject to the left and right at same time. First Detonics attempt so close to home and the slightly different take they had on carry guns pleased me. I wish I had piled up more but who can know a company is basically dead before they start marketing.

Rudolf
November 09, 2014, 23:48
I went with Swanson.

It was cheap and it works.

raexcct2
November 10, 2014, 03:08
raexxect,
Original Detonics and Randalls are the only two manufacturers I will chase other than pristene old Colts. Randal was only in business 82 & 83 while I was in college. First company to use almost exclusive CNC machining. I have two of their true mirror image left hand 1911's. Lotta fun to grab up a righty and a lefty and watch brass eject to the left and right at same time. First Detonics attempt so close to home and the slightly different take they had on carry guns pleased me. I wish I had piled up more but who can know a company is basically dead before they start marketing.

Always wanted a Randall but I was stationed in the Philippines during that time frame and when I was transferred back to the states, Randall was no more.

hueyville
November 10, 2014, 21:21
raexcct,
I was in college. Saw my first Randal lefty in a local gun store along with a right hander. Asked if it were possible to get a right hand/left hand set with consequtive serial numbers. Owner called and was told no problem. I gave him a down payment and doing the math the money end was not going to work even with my part time job. Had to call home and say all of my books disappeared from back seat of car. Check arrived for books, cashed and put on account at gun store. Made just enough to pay for the set by time arrived. According to Randal collectors association only three consequtive serial number sets made. I lucked out. Purchased a double Galco shoulder rig to carry both at same time. Also scored two compact Curtis E LeMay's before they folded. Have purchased every Randal and 1st generation Detonics laid hands on ever since.

raexcct2
November 10, 2014, 22:25
Cool. I always wanted the Lemay model especially since Lemay was the last Air Force General who knew how to fight a war without all of today's poltically correct BS.

hueyville
November 11, 2014, 15:08
If you mean discover the enemy lives in bamboo and paper cities that if you set on fire, they burn from one end to the other killing all the little vermin making war supplies in their huts then yep, dang effective way to fight a war. Bet LeMay saw to the killing of more enemy citizens that both nuclear bombs could even touch. If we had a few Generals and a Commander in Chief with this mentality again the war on terror would become an easy fight. Never seen a bucket of Kentucky Fried Chicken ever peck someones eyeballs out. I posted pics of a couple of my Lemay's in the photo section.

Like watching a rerun of The Walton's, can't ever see an episode too many times, eh?

http://www.crowderinc.com/images/guns/pistols/randallcurtiselemays01.jpg

http://www.crowderinc.com/images/guns/pistols/randall45knife01.jpg

hueyville
November 11, 2014, 15:15
BTW, The knife in the bottom picture saw two tours in Iraq and is doing its second tour in Afghanistan. Nephew said he was shuffling to his bird when he heard a stern "where did you get that knife son?" Said he turned to find himself eyeball to eyball with a two star and replied, "my uncle gives one to all of us that get a free all expense paid trip to the sandpit, SIR!" As he was commanded to carry on he was invited to the nice officers club for dinner with the General instead of the tent the shave tail fly boys got to relax in. Ended up getting him some preferential treatment and his missions got more exciting after the evening with the Full Birds and up club.