PDA

View Full Version : Why is it so hard to find info on Rhodie Hi Powers?

Czechsix
October 05, 2014, 16:24
Good God, seriously.

All I'm doing is trying to find out if there are actually rhodie marked HP's out there...even better if they were for sale, but if I could just find info on markings.

Now you guys are going to post 52 thread url's that show exactly what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance lol.

Czechsix
October 13, 2014, 11:00
Then again....maybe there aren't any threads on it, and no one else can find the info either :cry:

Guy-epic
October 13, 2014, 11:45
Interesting do the exist? I want one

sweetwine
October 13, 2014, 11:51
Do they have baby poop camo on them? :D

Czechsix
October 13, 2014, 12:27
Seeing as how they were commonly found in SA...I'd lay money that they made it into Rhodesia too.

LOL...yeah, pooped up would be funny as hell. Then again, I wouldn't be surprised by it either!

Andy the Aussie
October 13, 2014, 13:34
I think Star Pistols were generally more common in the area than the BHP. But this is not my area either.

Czechsix
October 13, 2014, 15:11
CZ75's too, from what I've read. I'm looking for any and all of them...

enbloc8
October 13, 2014, 15:21
I've read (maybe on NRF?) of BHPs in Rhodesia, but primarily as an official arm that only certain troops were entitled to be issued. Star B's were more widely available, along with any captured arms that troops could keep from being confiscated by Special Branch or superiors. They may well be another case of an arm that, like the SLRs, gradually faded from the scene as the war went on, due to sanctions, hard use and lack of parts.

Beryl
October 13, 2014, 18:30
You might try here:

http://www.newrhodesian.ca/

Some of us are members, and there is a weapons section where such things are discussed. A few Rhodie vets are on there.

SAFN49
October 14, 2014, 00:04
The few, if any, that made it into RA service were probably used hard and discarded. It would be like finding a Congo FN49 sniper rifle. 185 made, used hard in many wars/conflicts, most likely worn out and discarded because none have ever turned up.

Czechsix
October 14, 2014, 00:21
The few, if any, that made it into RA service were probably used hard and discarded. It would be like finding a Congo FN49 sniper rifle. 185 made, used hard in many wars/conflicts, most likely worn out and discarded because none have ever turned up.

Oh, a challenge, eh? :whistling:

Czechsix
October 14, 2014, 00:22
You might try here:

http://www.newrhodesian.ca/

Some of us are members, and there is a weapons section where such things are discussed. A few Rhodie vets are on there.

Yep, I've been a member there since the beginning...had some interesting leads, but nothing yet. No worries, I figured this'll be a long search.