PDA

View Full Version : Pair of Filipino Imports…metric style

cwo4uscgret
September 21, 2014, 21:08
There is a gun shop, formerly known as Battle Born Arms in N. Las Vegas, NV now called Fallout Firearms. I would have about 10-12 less handguns if it wasn't for them! Here are my last two, both "Rock Island 2011s" single stack 10mm Tactical IIs - a government without rail and an interesting take on a Commander, a railed model. Big Brother and Little Brother...

http://iwantthatknife.com/Gallery/albums/Dan-Wesson-Revolvers/tactical_left.jpg
http://iwantthatknife.com/Gallery/albums/1911/commander_10.jpg

After I get them both broken in at the range (already took the Government Model to the range once) I think they will make a great carry and back-up combo! I have a couple of Bianchi Carrylok holsters (5" and 4-1/2") Model 82 that they fit into...even the railed Commander!

Here's the first target with the Government Model:

http://iwantthatknife.com/Gallery/albums/1911/rockisland10mm.jpg

meltblown
September 21, 2014, 21:25
Aim higher :wink: nice...so what makes them Filipino? My wife may let me have one. She likes San Miguel and grew up drinking it

thatguy
September 21, 2014, 21:35
RIA/Armscor 1911s made in the Phillipines. Sweet guns BTW.

12v71
September 21, 2014, 22:59
Wow. I didn't know RIA had a 10mm out. I have one of their GI style .45s and love the hell out of it. I only run FMJ ball through it, but its never given me any trouble at all.
Research time!

N4KVE
September 22, 2014, 09:00
I own an Officer size GI that they make. Great gun. It's my carry piece. They actually make more 1911's than any other company, & are priced right. Something about "no unionized labor in Ct". $400, & they have a $50 rebate going on now. GARY

SPEEDGUNNER
September 22, 2014, 10:54
I haven't heard too many good things about the Rock Island 1911's, but your experience has me wondering...how much did the 10mm Commander set you back, if you don't mind me asking?

cwo4uscgret
October 02, 2014, 22:44
a Colt .22 Nevada Centennial SAA that I paid $600 for. It has an MSRP of $619; out of stock most places (the 4.25" is a new release for them).

I've only had one problem with all the Rock Islands I own; a sub-compact .45 cap; it was sent back to Rock Island on their dime, repaired, and functions as it should now. The problem was with the recoil spring assembly; it was binding on recoil; apparently the rod was warped/bent.

I have them in 10mm, .45 cap, .38 Super, and 9mm in 5", 4-1/4", and 3-1/2". For some reason I like them...

idsubgun
October 05, 2014, 08:09
I haven't heard too many good things about the Rock Island 1911's,

Not sure who you've been listening too but the RIA's are great guns at great prices.

I own three Armscorp 1911's and love them all. An Officer's model, a single stack Government model and a hi-cap Government model (A Para P-14 copy and uses P-14 mags).

FYI, I also own Colt's (Commanders and Government models) and Para Ordnance's (2 P-12's, a P-13 and P-14). I've owned probably 20 other 1911's over time and am a 1911 smith. I highly recommend RIA's!

I think a lot of true blue Colt guys, and guys who like high dollar 1911's look down their noses at these inexpensive pistols. Their loss!

cwo4uscgret
October 06, 2014, 14:57
Not sure who you've been listening too but the RIA's are great guns at great prices.

I think a lot of true blue Colt guys, and guys who like high dollar 1911's look down their noses at these inexpensive pistols. Their loss!

I am an equal opportunity 1911 employer LOL; I have RIAs, Colts, a S&W, a Taurus, 2 Coonan .357 Magnums, and just bought a Dan Wesson - used but first sold in July this year. I even have a pair of Llamas!

I had several Kimbers...don't really miss them - sold one and traded one for a "T" Series High Power (and the person I traded it to tried to sell the Kimber about a week after he got it!).

I know there are gun snobs out there - but hey, to each their own!

nearmisses
December 28, 2014, 17:16
I've seen a number of posts on here about the RIA's in 10mm. They look great and a nice bit of shooting with them too. I loved the 10mm when it came out still do. Might have to keep them in mind for when I win lotto. Ha! I have an Amigo by Metro Arms, Officers size 3.5", Phillipines made and it is of very good quality throughout. Own a Colt too and had more trouble making it work and shoot well than I ever had with the Amigo. The RIA's look just as good and seem to do what they say they will. Enjoy them both. A set of Crimson Trace and you're ready for prime time!

spider991
December 28, 2014, 23:24
Dammit i just made up my mind, was gonna get the eaa witness elite match 10mm...was between that and the RIA...now i am not sure. i LOVE my RIA gi 45 as it is one of the best 1911s i have ever owned..:uhoh:

andresere
December 31, 2014, 10:44
RIA/Armscor 1911s made in the Phillipines. Sweet guns BTW.

If anyone is a Cowboy Action Shootin' type guy , Cimarron sells a 1911 for the Wild Bunch group. It has Cimarron's roll mark on it, but it is made by Armscorp as well. Got some really good reviews for being about as accurate a representation of a true 1911 (not A1) on the market today.

http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/military-replicas/1911-45-cal-1/1911-wild-bunch-combo-1911p-combo.html

nearmisses
December 31, 2014, 15:38
If anyone is a Cowboy Action Shootin' type guy , Cimarron sells a 1911 for the Wild Bunch group. It has Cimarron's roll mark on it, but it is made by Armscorp as well. Got some really good reviews for being about as accurate a representation of a true 1911 (not A1) on the market today.

http://www.cimarron-firearms.com/military-replicas/1911-45-cal-1/1911-wild-bunch-combo-1911p-combo.html

Oh sure, just take one little look, nice 1911, no harm there, right? Well, damn if I didn't stumble upon one of my all time favorites the 1886 Winchester, case hardened receiver, 26" octagon Barrel, oh the humanity! Now I have to rub 200 pennies together to make 2 bucks for a Powerball ticket Thanks! Happy New Year, almost

andresere
December 31, 2014, 16:31
Oh sure, just take one little look, nice 1911, no harm there, right? Well, damn if I didn't stumble upon one of my all time favorites the 1886 Winchester, case hardened receiver, 26" octagon Barrel, oh the humanity! Now I have to rub 200 pennies together to make 2 bucks for a Powerball ticket Thanks! Happy New Year, almost

en·a·bler
iˈnāblər,e-/
noun
noun: enabler; plural noun: enablers

a person or thing that makes something possible.
"the people who run these workshops are crime enablers"
a person who encourages or enables negative or self-destructive behavior in another.
"he criticized her role as an enabler in her husband's pathological womanizing":wink:

nearmisses
January 16, 2015, 21:25
To do you a favor back here's a link to Crimson Trace lasers, they are fantastic!
One good look deserves another.
http://www.crimsontrace.com/about-our-lasers/personal-home-defense/
It will surprise most what can be accomplished with a set on your weapon.
They would go great on that Commander railed one!