PDA

View Full Version : Soooooo.

SAFN49
September 13, 2014, 19:47
This fu*k wad in NY wants to hammer me for a 50 I sold him....

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s30/djm540idjm540i/50s_zps8964c7ab.jpg (http://s148.photobucket.com/user/djm540idjm540i/media/50s_zps8964c7ab.jpg.html)

(One on the left.) Worked fine when I sent it to him. Now 3 months later he is claiming the barrel extension is bent.

Really, it did work fine when I sent it to you. Before you and your U.S. Army armorer fu*ked with it.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s30/djm540idjm540i/50calintruck_zps137fa4fd.jpg (http://s148.photobucket.com/user/djm540idjm540i/media/50calintruck_zps137fa4fd.jpg.html)

Moral of the story. Don't fu*k with sh*t that is functioning fine, and insure it if you send it back to the manufacturer, 3 months after you buy it. Just sayin.

partisan50
September 13, 2014, 20:04
Three months later...I would not worry about it.

SAFN49
September 25, 2014, 19:59
Told him no refund. This is the response I received today via email.

"You are a piece of shit as well as your rifle it took me two months to get it fixed.i did not buy a bent rifle this is my hobby I have a full time medical and legal practice. Bad feedback , lawsuit in small claims. And expect a visit from two of my friends, you little punk.never screw someone you do not know ."

Classic.

John A
September 25, 2014, 20:14
In some places, that letter could have been construed as terroristic threatening.

Just sayin'.

I was told long ago that you never put anything in print that you wouldn't want to explain to a judge.

That was good advice that my Momma gave me. :D

Flypaper
September 25, 2014, 20:56
He should have spoke up right away if there was a problem.

That is my biggest fear, selling to someone I don't know or haven't corresponded with before.
Hope it works out.

ray55classic
September 25, 2014, 21:45
Wow a "full time medical and legal practice ". How does he find the time to shoot between all the doctoring and lawyering? sounds to me as if your buyer is as full of shit as a Christmas turkey. Stick to your guns, he had 3 months to figure this out, way over the time for a refund consideration.

nwobhm
September 25, 2014, 22:10

"You are a piece of shit as well as your rifle it took me two months to get it fixed.i did not buy a bent rifle this is my hobby I have a full time medical and legal practice. Bad feedback , lawsuit in small claims. And expect a visit from two of my friends, you little punk.never screw someone you do not know ."

Classic.

Just imagine if you forwarded that email to the police in NYS. They'd love to see his threatening email....especially since he has a gun.:rofl:

SAFN49
September 25, 2014, 22:55
Just imagine if you forwarded that email to the police in NYS. They'd love to see his threatening email....especially since he has a gun.:rofl:

Dude is unstable and has a 50 cal. I imagine he is going to shoot up a school bus full of nuns riding with children on board.

Printed off his emails and contacted the sheriff. More tomorrow.

SAFN49
September 26, 2014, 14:53
Sherriff said having his friends visit wasn't really a threat they could act on.

Oh well we'll see how his extortion demands work out for him. Email from today.

"I am sorry about that, i had fallen into a cenote, hitting my head requiring nine staples i my scalp, i was a bit out of it with the pain meds i was given, But I did incure $650 plus shipping sending it to nathan. It is very hard to find someone to work on a 50. Like I said I had a former marine work on it with me for 3 hours, and I did send photos to Nathan and he could not "walk me through it", necessitating he requesting me to send it to him for repair. I bought a fully functional gun, not one that I had to repair. I will settle for $800. If not I will sue you in small claims here in Albany, you have to show up or you lose, and if judgement is for me I will sell the debt to a collection agency, which you do not want as they can garnishee your wages, or collect in other ways.I hope we can settle this, again you do not want to have me as an antagonist, I will persue this as a hobby. Believe me there are ways to make your life uncomfortable. I paid that much just to have my Ferrari serviced, $11000."

W.E.G.
September 26, 2014, 15:33
I haven't met anybody yet that mixed medical AND legal practice and did not have "issues."

Last time I got involved with one, she got me dragged me into an unflattering article on the front page of the newspaper.

Topbanana
September 26, 2014, 15:56
Sherriff said having his friends visit wasn't really a threat they could act on.

Oh well we'll see how his extortion demands work out for him. Email from today.

"I am sorry about that, i had fallen into a cenote, hitting my head requiring nine staples i my scalp, i was a bit out of it with the pain meds i was given, But I did incure $650 plus shipping sending it to nathan. It is very hard to find someone to work on a 50. Like I said I had a former marine work on it with me for 3 hours, and I did send photos to Nathan and he could not "walk me through it", necessitating he requesting me to send it to him for repair. I bought a fully functional gun, not one that I had to repair. I will settle for $800. If not I will sue you in small claims here in Albany, you have to show up or you lose, and if judgement is for me I will sell the debt to a collection agency, which you do not want as they can garnishee your wages, or collect in other ways.I hope we can settle this, again you do not want to have me as an antagonist, I will persue this as a hobby. Believe me there are ways to make your life uncomfortable. I paid that much just to have my Ferrari serviced, $11000."

Tell this guy where to shove it. What a tool.

John A
September 26, 2014, 17:15
And tell him to learn how to spell and use proper grammar. :wink:

partisan50
September 26, 2014, 17:50

Classic.

If you don't mind please PM me his name. Some years back I had an illiterate moron try to buy a 50 BMG from me and wow what an ahole. This guy reminds me of him.

E5c03
September 26, 2014, 18:01
Albany ,,,hope he visits fuk turd coumo.

croftonaviation
October 01, 2014, 15:29
First off, what a tool.

Second so what's the deal? you can have a belt fed in NY, but can only feed it seven rounds at a time?

SAFN49
October 01, 2014, 22:01
First off, what a tool.

Second so what's the deal? you can have a belt fed in NY, but can only feed it seven rounds at a time?

You can only have 7 rounds linked unless you are at a shooting event, then you can have 10 rounds linked. :whistling:

easttex
October 01, 2014, 22:33
I guess this whole ordeal just goes to demonstrate why you must state upfront that the product you have for sale is being offered as-is with no implied warranty nor refunds after the sale. That further, you are offering this product in good faith that is in fully functioning order and is free of fault or defect at the time of sale. Finally, if you give the buyer an inspection period and he fails to make use of it and seek a refund...the sale is final and you're done.

Which is BS IMHO but nowadays you can't be too careful. It's like buying a house or a car....the seller has to understand and acknowledge the terms of the sale upfront so a year later when he breaks it, he cannot threaten to sue you for his money back. In this case, I would consult with a civil attorney just to be on the safe side to find out what your options are here. You never know....there might be some law that prevents the buyer from seeking a refund three months after the fact. One thing I would not do however, if you think you might be fixing to get involved in legal stuff, I would not vent about online. Just a suggestion. You never know what a lawyer might drag out in court.

October 04, 2014, 09:21
...barrel extention was bent...?? What the heck is he talking about. And if he's working on his Ferrari all the time why is he fooling around with(what I'm presuming) is a semi-.50? Why not buy a FA?

justashooter
October 04, 2014, 22:03
the barrel extension on these guns is prolly an 8620 or some such abrasion resistant heat treatable with a BHN of 320 or thereabouts. it would take king kong and a wrecking bar to bend one.