PDA

View Full Version : "No Place to Hide : Edward Snowden, the NSA, and the U.S. Surveillance State"

Brian in MN
September 02, 2014, 19:25
"No Place to Hide : Edward Snowden, the NSA, and the U.S.
Surveillance State" by Glenn Greenwald.

Everyone needs to read this book. You will be appalled. The NSA has a motto: Collect It All. Their goal is to collect every electronic communication on the planet. Every web site visit, every medical record, every telephone call, every credit card transaction.... They want access to ALL electronic communication and have largely succeeded. What's more, they have the cooperation of every telecommunication corporation in the country. Bill Gates has a lot to answer for.

A very quick 250 pages. Glenn Greenwald is so far to the left you can't even see there from here. You will not believe that this book was written by a liberal. He goes directly for Obama's throat. There is also a fair amount in the book about how the US press has been co-opted by Washington.

The only thing you need to do to attract their attention is to be involved in something Obama or Holder don't like. Like reading this web site. Somewhere a government computer just recorded the fact that you visited this thread. That is what the surveillance state is all about.

EPC WN
September 02, 2014, 20:14
See signature below for further instruction...

FALonious
September 17, 2014, 09:11
Sad thing is EPC, I believe they will come and take it.......take it all soon enough.:sad:
They'll want some folks (us) to resist so we can be made an example of what happens to folks that don't go along.
This does not end well.

SafetyFactor
September 17, 2014, 10:14
Sad thing is EPC, I believe they will come and take it.......take it all soon enough.:sad:
They'll want some folks (us) to resist so we can be made an example of what happens to folks that don't go along.
This does not end well.

News Flash!! No body gets out of this life alive!
And, some things are worth fighting for. I don't have a death wish, but living under tyranny is not an option for me.

Matthew 10:28- "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

I think Benjamin Franklin is credited with saying 'resistance to tyranny IS obiedience to God'.

Molon Labe :fal:

*** NSA Tagged and Flagged- Uh oh! :uhoh:

357ross
September 17, 2014, 11:11
The only surprising thing to me is even liberals are starting to wake up to this mess, usually these halfwits will generally follow their leaders over the cliff and into the ocean without ever waking up.

Abominog
September 17, 2014, 13:56
The spying and Patriot act are two elements that everyone except GOV employees agree.

The Occupy started against Wall St, another bunch of bad guys I think everyone doesn't like.

When GOV has the far right and far left both agreeing on big-ticket issues they stand to lose despite having created the bifurcated political system for their own continuity.

longhair51
September 18, 2014, 18:50
So how do you fight them? Don't expect that "pesky, g-ddammed piece of paper, constitution thing" to help you. They do/will ignore it. You might shame the govt for a while, or they will put up a good act of being shamed, but not really care. The jury is out on the ability to out shoot them in the long run. The thing that no one disputes though, is the ability of anyone to outspend them. They WILL bankrupt you, or you can just bend over.

http://blog.constitutioncenter.org/2014/09/constitution-check-how-far-can-the-government-go-to-enforce-its-global-spying-program/

FALonious
September 19, 2014, 13:46
News Flash!! No body gets out of this life alive!
And, some things are worth fighting for. I don't have a death wish, but living under tyranny is not an option for me.

Matthew 10:28- "And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell."

I think Benjamin Franklin is credited with saying 'resistance to tyranny IS obiedience to God'.

Molon Labe :fal:

*** NSA Tagged and Flagged- Uh oh! :uhoh:

Please don't get me wrong...I fully agree....and am willing and able to resist...just not happy about being told a lie my whole life....that Amrican Dream thing you know. Work hard, be honest and forthright and you will succeed and prosper. :(

It's the next life that really matters anyway...:love:

slavicshooter
September 19, 2014, 19:19
In those dark times of an overtly oppressive government, the edge we patriots will have, are those in military and law enforcement that are true to their oath !!