PDA

View Full Version : 1911 skingripz

moonbat60
August 25, 2014, 16:44
Hey guys,

does anybody use any model of skingripz on your 1911, and if so, which one ?

What is your experience with the grips and the company ?

A buddy of mine sent me the link to their website @ www.skingripz.com , IIRC.

They got pretty decent prices, from what I've seen.

TYIA.

MAINER
August 25, 2014, 21:07
Can't help with a recommendation, but a pair of them 1911 slabs in "Ambrosia Maple" would look cool on the old .45. :biggrin:

moonbat60
August 25, 2014, 23:10
I would not disagree on that, Mainer.

moonbat60
August 26, 2014, 10:15
For a start, I ordered me a set of the Ranger grips in black.

Let's see how those work out. At $29.00 total it won't kill my budget.

moonbat60
August 26, 2014, 16:34
A couple of hours ago I already got an email saying that the package has been accepted by USPS, with tracking # and updates.

mp
August 27, 2014, 15:39
Seems like a very reasonably priced, quality product. Thanks for the link--will check them out in the future.

moonbat60
August 27, 2014, 16:45
You're very welcome.

I just got the good news that my grips will be here either tomorrow (Thu) or on Friday.

They will go on my SIG 1911 Carry Nitron.

If I got the time, I will post a quick review on this same thread.

moonbat60
August 29, 2014, 22:34
Ok, here is a short review:

Gun: SIG 1911 Carry Nitron

Grips: 1st: custom rosewood (factory standard)

replaced by Hogue black rubber

replaced by skingripz 1911 Ranger black (now)

First of all, there was and is nothing wrong with the factory rosewood grips with the SIG Sauer logo.

To me they are almost too nice to use, that's why I replaced them with the Hogue's rubber grips.

As of Thursday, my 1911 Carry sports the skingripz Ranger in black. The pattern consists of part diamonds and part diagonal lines.

The grips come packaged on a "card" , and on the back of this card there were 4 rubber o-rings.

As it is not rocket-science to exchange grips on a 1911 (at least not for me....) , I got me an Allen key and took the current grips off, and replaced them with the Rangers.

Right here I noticed the good fit. The grip panels went on as if they were custom-made for my gun, no wiggling, no tolerances.

Everything fit perfectly (though I hate to use the word "perfect") and the grips made my SIG a little grippier.

The surface feels comfortable on the skin and is not in any ways rough.

For an all-around carry gun, the grips are fine. For the price, less than $30 SHIPPED, they are fine too.

Zbollig
September 01, 2014, 20:07
Those ranger grips do look pretty slick, i think i might have to get a set for my sig stx especially with your review.

moonbat60
September 04, 2014, 00:26
Those ranger grips do look pretty slick, i think i might have to get a set for my sig stx especially with your review.

Let me know what you think if you get yours put on.

Those grips are not quite like the G10 stuff, but also a lot cheaper. At $29.00 including shipping it does not break the bank either.