PDA

View Full Version : They Returned My Form 1 ..........

2barearms
August 17, 2014, 10:10
They want the Text on the Receiver to match the Trust Name exactly.
I've seen others that had 'NFA Trust' in the text on the Receiver, so what's
the deal. The Trust has to say 'Revocable Living Trust'.

Box 4h says "Additional Description (Include all numbers and other identifying
data which will appear on the firearm".

It does not say Full Trust Name, City and State in Box 4h?

Did I miss something in the instructions? They say to cross out the other
info and put the new info in the space on the form, guess I need to do it
with a magnifying glass or can I white out the text and write it in?

N4KVE
August 17, 2014, 18:29
I left 4h blank on my form 1. But they returned the form because I left 4i blank. So I wrote in ''for all legal purposes". 2 weeks later, the stamp was here. GARY

gunplumber
August 17, 2014, 18:54
I've told people when they come up with the trust name, to use an AKA if it is long.

Same as my company name. If it was only Arizona Response Systems, I'd have to mark the whole thing on guns I "manufacture" (assemble for resale).

So my FFL states "Arizona Response Systems / ARS". So I can engrave just ARS as company name.

So if your trust name is "The Bob and Sally Jones Revocable Family Trust" you may want to add to your trust paperwork AKA "BS Jones RFT"

Much less to engrave.

2barearms
August 17, 2014, 19:17
I suppose I should have asked a couple more questions when the
name was being done, my bad. It will fit on the Receiver but it is
long. I'm not sure there is room left in the box to print the whole
name!

dtom29
August 21, 2014, 21:02
I just got a form 1 back for the same thing even though I have 4 other approved form 1's with what I had in 4h. LOL, must be a crack down...

dtom29
August 27, 2014, 10:30
2beararms, Did you get your approved form back yet? I sent mine back on the 16th, they stamped it on the 21st, post marked it the 22nd, and I had it the 25th.

2barearms
August 27, 2014, 14:27
Nothing yet. They said 2 weeks or so after they get it back.

mp
August 27, 2014, 20:05
I just got two back as well. Must be the same inspector kicking them back all of the sudden.

L Haney
August 27, 2014, 20:20
They said 2 weeks or so after they get it back.

This matches what I've seen here recently. And it actually happened to work out that way.

stimpsonjcat
August 28, 2014, 16:09
I actually included language in my trust to allow for abbreviation of its name.

Did not matter, BATFE sent me a sticky note on one of my can forms saying the full name had to be on the can.

2barearms
August 28, 2014, 17:45

Did not matter, BATFE sent me a sticky note on one of my can forms saying the full name had to be on the can.

I'm assuming the Cans are Form 1's where you made them and had to
engrave your name as the Mfg'er?

gunplumber
August 28, 2014, 18:13

Well, they're wrong. The abbreviated name (AKA), if included in the trust name, is just as much the legal name as the whole thing.

ALL FAL
August 28, 2014, 20:38
Yep, they are and it looks like they try to see how many tricks you all can do.

Do you suppose the Hoop jumping will be any good after the "Restoration" begins or ends? Can't blame you all for doing your best to be "legal", it's the American way., and you would want to bring any Unpleasantness your way. :)

2barearms
August 29, 2014, 06:28

Do you suppose the Hoop jumping will be any good after the "Restoration" begins or ends? Can't blame you all for doing your best to be "legal", it's the American way., and you would want to bring any Unpleasantness your way. :)

I suppose you're like My Labrador Retriever, He put's His head under the Bed
and He's invisible. Dude they know where you live, and yes at some point in the near future you'll have to answer some serious questions about whether
to go along to get along or to defend your turf.

Please stop trolling our threads, you appear to be Gunkid. If you can't add anything to the discussion please refrain from making incendiary comments.

dtom29
August 29, 2014, 11:07
I've said it before....All Fal how about you stay out of the Class III files...we really don't give a shit what you think. You keep thinking that you have some sort of superior anonymity because you don't own class III/title II weapons. I can guarantee you if there is a "LIST" you're on it. Just posting on a gun related web site will do it. I understand you lurk here because you want some of these toys and A. you can't afford them, nothing wrong with that everybody has their limits, or B. your wife or boyfriend won't let you. So how about understanding that we enjoy what we have, we're not happy with the paperwork requirments but willing to do it to enjoy ourselves. All you do by coming here is troll the site and offer nothing to the conversation. Basically I'm saying your nothing but an irritating asshole, and I'm only saying what everyone else is thinking. If I get banned by the mods for saying that and they haven't done anything about your trolling then I'll be happy to not be here any more.

dtom29
August 29, 2014, 11:10
2barearms, did you get your approved form back yet? Mine came in a week.

stimpsonjcat
August 29, 2014, 15:29
I'm assuming the Cans are Form 1's where you made them and had to
engrave your name as the Mfg'er?

Correct.

Won't stop me on the cans...agree it is less fun if doing an SBR.

stimpsonjcat
August 29, 2014, 15:32
Well, they're wrong. The abbreviated name (AKA), if included in the trust name, is just as much the legal name as the whole thing.

Frequently!

But it is equally pointless to poke the nest.

I remember calling and discussing an electrically-reset trigger with tech branch, that was a fun two hours. None of them grasped the idea at all as I remember.

L Haney
August 29, 2014, 18:50
I remember calling and discussing an electrically-reset trigger with tech branch, that was a fun two hours. None of them grasped the idea at all as I remember.

People like you and I don't work there.

2barearms
August 29, 2014, 19:22
Finally, showed up in the Mail box today, yea!

ALL FAL
August 30, 2014, 17:58
I suppose you're like My Labrador Retriever, He put's His head under the Bed
and He's invisible. Dude they know where you live, and yes at some point in the near future you'll have to answer some serious questions about whether
to go along to get along or to defend your turf.

Please stop trolling our threads, you appear to be Gunkid. If you can't add anything to the discussion please refrain from making incendiary comments.

Suppose anything you want, you do not know me and you are making a very big mistake in your comments.

Finally, showed up in the Mail box today, yea!

Way to go sport, you seem like Gunkid to me too. You will need to decide whether you go along to get along as all here know you are the Uber azz kisser of the State. Enjoy your toys.

2barearms
August 30, 2014, 19:18
Suppose anything you want, you do not know me and you are making a very big mistake in your comments.

Way to go sport, you seem like Gunkid to me too. You will need to decide whether you go along to get along as all here know you are the Uber azz kisser of the State. Enjoy your toys.

You have me confused with yourself. You're right and I don't want to know you either. I hope your
comment above is not a veiled threat.

2barearms
August 30, 2014, 20:13

So all of your SBR's, Suppressors and Machine Guns are unpapered?

ALL FAL
August 30, 2014, 22:24
So all of your SBR's, Suppressors and Machine Guns are unpapered?

Oh, you're such a nice guy I'll tell just you, I do not have ANY, at the moment, but that can change quickly, I am squeaky Clean.

I would bet all the firearms you own that to my face you would not tell me to go fck myself.

Go ahead, keep telling the world about all your toys.

2barearms
August 31, 2014, 07:27
Oh, you're such a nice guy I'll tell just you, I do not have ANY, at the moment, but that can change quickly, I am squeaky Clean.

I would bet all the firearms you own that to my face you would not tell me to go fck myself.

Go ahead, keep telling the world about all your toys.

Are you threatening Me? What you're a 60 year old loser with a keyboard
that thinks He knows what's good for Me, really. You're on an open forum
that anyone can see and you're the only one here on the Files that constantly
is making references to doing things illegally and being 'anti-government' you
are the one that should be concerned not me.

2barearms
August 31, 2014, 10:12
This message is hidden because ALL FAL is on your ignore list.

Louis
August 31, 2014, 12:42
I just got my last form 1 returned for not providing the Certification of Compliance form when I originally submitted it :facepalm: I only returned one copy of the form, not duplicates like the original process entails for all forms. Anyone have experience with this scenario and since I only sent back one copy of the form 5330.20 should I be expecting another delay?

2barearms
August 31, 2014, 16:05
I just got my last form 1 returned for not providing the Certification of Compliance form when I originally submitted it :facepalm: I only returned one copy of the form, not duplicates like the original process entails for all forms. Anyone have experience with this scenario and since I only sent back one copy of the form 5330.20 should I be expecting another delay?

Not sure. Do you have a CLEO sign off or a Trust?

Louis
August 31, 2014, 16:23
Not sure. Do you have a CLEO sign off or a Trust?

I had my local Sheriff sign off on them, probably should have set up a trust.

dtom29
August 31, 2014, 17:33
You don't need two Certification of Compliance forms, Just your Form1 has to be in duplicate.

L Haney
August 31, 2014, 18:28
I only returned one copy of the form, not duplicates like the original process entails for all forms.

Perhaps we could take up a collection and buy them one of them new fangled copier duplicatin' mosheens.

2barearms
August 31, 2014, 19:39
Perhaps we could take up a collection and buy them one of them new fangled copier duplicatin' mosheens.

They'd just end up charging you for it.