PDA

View Full Version : Lee enfield price help

croftonaviation
August 09, 2014, 06:59
I might have an opertunity to save a no1 mark III, lee enfield.

The good. It appears to have never meet bubba, complete rifle, no apparent import mark.

The bad, non matching numbers, loose butt stock and rear upper hand guard. Lots ands lots of rust in the barrel, and the rear sight is frozen. Oh and the upper brass butt stock screw has been beaten into the barracks floor enough to make it unusable.

I think the barrel wil clean up and end up with a dark bore and some light pitting. I think the rust is from sitting, more so than corrosive ammo. If you saw the other 4 firearms that were with this one, the horrible neglect would be obvious.

Any ideas what would be a fair price?

Thanks

SAFN49
August 09, 2014, 11:53
Since it's a rusty old wall hanger I'd offer him no more than $90 :wink:

Gazz
August 09, 2014, 19:22
I paid about $100 for an 1927 dated Ishapore made No.1MkIII a couple of years back. The bore is nice but the exterior had lots of light rust but cleaned up okay. It had an Austrian police stamp on it so I guess post war issue to the losers.

K. Funk
August 10, 2014, 06:21
I wouldn't pay more than a hundred. I have some No 1 MK III parts if you need anything, let me know.

krf

Gazz
August 10, 2014, 08:04
PM sent to K. Funk!

croftonaviation
August 11, 2014, 06:47
Thanks everyone. I am going to offer $200 for the lot of 5 and see what happens. It kills me to see an old war horse neglected so badly.:sad:

Kfunk thanks for the offer, if i get it I will let you know.