PDA

View Full Version : Form 4 Approval, Quick!!

K. Funk
August 07, 2014, 18:29
Just got word that a Form 4 sent May 15th arrived back Monday!! Less than 4 months. I was planning on December. What a nice surprise!!

krf

2barearms
August 07, 2014, 18:55
Paper Filed?

I have a Form 1 in since last December.

K. Funk
August 07, 2014, 20:04
Paper filed. I'm stunned, but not complaining. Factory select fire M1-A, hopefully picking it up tomorrow.

krf

Flypaper
August 07, 2014, 20:52
I sent in my form4 and about 2 weeks later I got my application returned.

I didn't have the year on my check. :mad: I couldn't believe it.

I shipped it back out the next day and haven't heard back.

kev
August 07, 2014, 21:26
I think I have a 2014 calendar around here somewhere that says that's less than 3 months. That's great news. Heard they'd put some extra people in and things have been picking up.

K. Funk
August 07, 2014, 21:54
Technically, I wasn't incorrect when I stated "less than 4 months" !!

krf

2barearms
August 08, 2014, 06:34
I got an efiled Form 4 suppressor back in under 4 months recently.

kev
August 08, 2014, 08:49

krf

In future you should cover all bases by saying "four months, plus or minus". That sounds good and you still get to be right even if you're off by a dozen years. That's the system I use.

We'll be expecting picture now, you know. Standard configuration?

Sampson1986
August 08, 2014, 16:19
Just got word that a Form 4 sent May 15th arrived back Monday!! Less than 4 months. I was planning on December. What a nice surprise!!

krf

Did you call and get a pending date from the NFA branch at any time during the process?

I filed paperwork on an M2 Carbine in early may May (it went pending on May 20th). I am sure it was just a fluke but it would be cool if the process could be completed in a (somewhat) timely manner. My last Form 4 took 11 months. :facepalm:

Has anyone ever sent in a copy of an approved form with their paperwork?

shortround
August 08, 2014, 19:16
My last paper form 4 took 9 months. My last e-filed form 4 took 4 months. I just e-filed a form 1 June 13. There are some guys near me reporting that their form 1's, submitted two weeks after mine, have been approved. 40 days more or less. My luck, mine ended up on Lois Lerner's computer.

ratas calientes
August 08, 2014, 22:08
Still waiting on a paper Form 4 (suppressor) sent in early December 2013.

Atarget
August 09, 2014, 15:52
Congrats!

I'm waiting on two paper form 4's sent in Nov.7th. Checks cashed Nov. 9th. Letter and apps sent back to dealer on july 3 requesting completion of fingerprint cards. Seems i forgot to put my SSN on the printcards. I called the ATF and spoke to a nice lady who took my numbers over the phone. Hoping to see the approvals soon......

ncjeeper
August 10, 2014, 16:52
Ditto. Except I mailed mine in march of 14.

ALL FAL
August 12, 2014, 13:48

krf

Paper Filed?

I have a Form 1 in since last December.

Paper filed. I'm stunned, but not complaining. Factory select fire M1-A, hopefully picking it up tomorrow.

krf

I sent in my form4 and about 2 weeks later I got my application returned.

I didn't have the year on my check. :mad: I couldn't believe it.

I shipped it back out the next day and haven't heard back.

I think I have a 2014 calendar around here somewhere that says that's less than 3 months. That's great news. Heard they'd put some extra people in and things have been picking up.

krf

In future you should cover all bases by saying "four months, plus or minus". That sounds good and you still get to be right even if you're off by a dozen years. That's the system I use.

We'll be expecting picture now, you know. Standard configuration?

I got an efiled Form 4 suppressor back in under 4 months recently.

Did you call and get a pending date from the NFA branch at any time during the process?

I filed paperwork on an M2 Carbine in early may May (it went pending on May 20th). I am sure it was just a fluke but it would be cool if the process could be completed in a (somewhat) timely manner. My last Form 4 took 11 months. :facepalm:

Has anyone ever sent in a copy of an approved form with their paperwork?

My last paper form 4 took 9 months. My last e-filed form 4 took 4 months. I just e-filed a form 1 June 13. There are some guys near me reporting that their form 1's, submitted two weeks after mine, have been approved. 40 days more or less. My luck, mine ended up on Lois Lerner's computer.

Congrats!

I'm waiting on two paper form 4's sent in Nov.7th. Checks cashed Nov. 9th. Letter and apps sent back to dealer on july 3 requesting completion of fingerprint cards. Seems i forgot to put my SSN on the printcards. I called the ATF and spoke to a nice lady who took my numbers over the phone. Hoping to see the approvals soon......

Ditto. Except I mailed mine in march of 14.

Yep, all I's dotted, everything correct, the ATF wants to know Exactly where to go to get YOUR toys when the time comes. :whistling:

shortround
August 12, 2014, 21:08
Form 1 e-filed June 13, approved and received via email today, August 12. Pretty darn good!

K. Funk
August 12, 2014, 22:37
Like they don't know already??

krf

kev
August 13, 2014, 08:55
I wouldn't even miss them. That's how things are when you're E

partisan50
August 14, 2014, 09:17

Same here. I sent in a Form 4 for a MG in early December, it went pending January 30 and the wait goes on...

Can't wait to play with the FNC.:D

Super Dakę
August 18, 2014, 18:42

krf

Did you call and get an estimated approval date before they actually approved it? Just wondering if they are giving standard answers, but possibly approving them earlier (everything they tell me that is pending seems to have an 11 month approval date estimate). The said my SAR48 "should" be approved by next Feb. (they said 11 months for it's first transfer too, but it ended up being 9 months) Just wondering if there's hope it'll be "allot" sooner.

Abacab
August 18, 2014, 22:47
Is this why you parted with the Daewoo, Karl? :tongue:

I waited 1 year+ for my M-16A1 which I picked up in February. I currently have several suppressors and a M10 in transfer. They went in before your May paper form as Form 4s (paper) and I have no expectation of getting them any time soon. Good for you.

dtom29
August 21, 2014, 21:21
Yep, all I's dotted, everything correct, the ATF wants to know Exactly where to go to get YOUR toys when the time comes. :whistling:
Here we go again....You just can't stay out of the Class III files can you? No one here gives a rats ass what you think about what we do. By the way, You're posting in a gun forum and think you're anonymous. That's brilliant :rolleyes:

Sampson1986
August 22, 2014, 16:25
Here we go again....You just can't stay out of the Class III files can you? No one here gives a rats ass what you think about what we do. By the way, You're posting in a gun forum and think you're anonymous. That's brilliant :rolleyes:

I'll be the first to admit that the rules are bullshit. But they are the rules and one must play carefully by them if one wants to stay out of jail.

brunop
August 23, 2014, 00:59

He didn't say you were doing anything wrong. He said the ATF wants to know your address for future pick up.

He also doesn't think he's anonymous; he's an ex-PJ who is well-known to the Feds and the Locals.

Bitching about nothing and wrongly assuming you know what you're talking about. That's brilliant. :rolleyes:

Bawana jim
August 25, 2014, 13:09
I called them and my paperwork went through the 28th of May, she said expect it in Feb of next year.

I doubt they are going to be any faster.

ratas calientes
August 26, 2014, 23:39
Just picked up a suppressor. Mailed Form 4 December 7. Took just under nine months.

ratas calientes
August 26, 2014, 23:40
. . . rats ass . . .
:D

soniya
September 02, 2014, 04:53
They have made SOUND MODERATORS in Europe for years for virtually every firearm known to man.

2barearms
September 02, 2014, 06:11
They have made SOUND MODERATORS in Europe for years for virtually every firearm known to man.

Now if they'd just give you your rights back. You have always been able to get Suppressors here in the
USA but had to go thru the process first.

L Haney
September 03, 2014, 20:17
I got my 'error letter' yesterday from the F Troupe boys. Seems I didn't affirm my US citizenship properly on the Form 4. As in, "self affirm". Seems strange all the hoops before you can render to them a tax. The tax on my home gets paid by an out of state agency and I'm pretty sure they don't have to present any bona fides if the check is good.

The tax on my vehicles doesn't require any identification from the payee at all.

Find it strange I can do that with a federal tax agency on a nasty silencer, but not for my drivers license. They want documentation out the ass.

Upside is, recent scuttlebutt indicates that when they get the corrected form back I may be only a couple of weeks out on my completed application. This was submitted last week of December.

2barearms
September 03, 2014, 21:10
I got my 'error letter' yesterday from the F Troupe boys. Seems I didn't affirm my US citizenship properly on the Form 4. As in, "self affirm". Seems strange all the hoops before you can render to them a tax. The tax on my home gets paid by an out of state agency and I'm pretty sure they don't have to present any bona fides if the check is good.

The tax on my vehicles doesn't require any identification from the payee at all.

Find it strange I can do that with a federal tax agency on a nasty silencer, but not for my drivers license. They want documentation out the ass.

Upside is, recent scuttlebutt indicates that when they get the corrected form back I may be only a couple of weeks out on my completed application. This was submitted last week of December.

Mine was returned in under 2 weeks after correction.