PDA

View Full Version : Returned SBR application

Atarget
July 18, 2014, 06:06
Hello all,
I had the application for my micro Galil returned after waiting 9 months!
The reason was incomplete fingerprint cards, no SSN. After talking to my dealer, he stated they have had about 15 returned in the last 4 months because of no SSN on the fingerprint cards. I called ATF and they took my numbers over the phone( surprise to me!) and said that was the last thing needed to continue. She also told me that they are still holding processing times to about nine months! She said i should almost be done waiting.....one can only hope.:facepalm:
Anyone else hear or have this issue?

John A
July 18, 2014, 09:18
I had a set returned once because the FBI reader said there was some smudging around the edge of one of mine that prevented them from accurately recording my fingerprints (or something along those lines).

I just had to have them redone, sent them back and waited some more and the stamp finally came.

I don't recall exactly how long it took after I sent them back, but if memory serves, it was within a month. Note: send it back with a "Care of: Whoever your examiner is" so it goes back directly to the examiner.

I look forward to seeing your SBR when finished.

Atarget
July 18, 2014, 10:39
John A,
Thanks for the reply. I'm sitting in a very sandy place so the wait is a non-issue. I just didn't have the ability to get another set of prints and get them sent back in.
My micro was built Jeff (The Master, Tenngalil)and finished last October. Its been sitting at the transfer dealer's since then. I went home on RnR first week of Nov and got to fondle/shoot it before coming back here. All I can say is AWESOME!!

John A
July 18, 2014, 11:48
If you don't get the info they request back to them (I think within 30 days), they'll deny it and send everything back and you'll have to start over again.

Edit: Just looked at the pics and it's drop dead gorgeous.

Atarget
July 18, 2014, 12:02
If you don't get the info they request back to them (I think within 30 days), they'll deny it and send everything back and you'll have to start over again.

Edit: Just looked at the pics and it's drop dead gorgeous.

John,
30 days is correct! I had 11 left when i got the letter.
Thank you, Jeff does a great job! While it's been in the shop waiting on the transfer I've added an Aimpoint T-1, i think it's the perfect match for me.

GOVT1911
July 18, 2014, 22:37
Swing by the PMO on one of the larger camps and they can print you on the correct cards if you ever need to get them while downrange. I did several on different trips.

Atarget
July 19, 2014, 04:54
Swing by the PMO on one of the larger camps and they can print you on the correct cards if you ever need to get them while downrange. I did several on different trips.

Awesome suggestion! Im on Bagram,but just didn't have the time to get it sent back to them in the 30 days. Half of which was used getting the letter to me! Lol