PDA

View Full Version : Finally Got a Woo!

Airacuda
July 05, 2014, 12:58
After completely turning away from 5.56 for a good while. I see a DR-200 last year in a store in SC on vacation. I returned this year and it's still there. I made an offer and he countered. I ended up with a nice rifle for $650 otd.
I kept a decent supply of AR mags and emergency ammo so now I just need to convert it. Anyone have any parts for this let me know before I start shopping online. Thanks.

s0b3
July 05, 2014, 15:27
After completely turning away from 5.56 for a good while. I see a DR-200 last year in a store in SC on vacation. I returned this year and it's still there. I made an offer and he countered. I ended up with a nice rifle for $650 otd.
I kept a decent supply of AR mags and emergency ammo so now I just need to convert it. Anyone have any parts for this let me know before I start shopping online. Thanks.

congrats. the price you got it at is really good too. i recommend stormwerkz for the stock adapters and scope mounts. i've got a few different grips available.

oz in SC
July 05, 2014, 23:42
I actually have a stock adapter and an Ace stock.

Airacuda
July 14, 2014, 11:07
Thanks to the 2 members above I have my conversion parts. Thanks again.

oz in SC
July 14, 2014, 11:10
Don't forget to post pics when done.

catmguy445
July 19, 2014, 12:23
An old buddy of mine died last October and left me his gun collection, one of which was a Daewoo DR-200 with no stock. He apparently had removed the butthole stock, but hadn't put anything else in its place. I went the same route, and with some parts from s0b3, StormWerkz, and Ace Ltd., it now has an Ace folding stock on it and is lookin' good.

Same deal on the mags. It didn't come with the original, but I have lots of AR mags, so that wasn't a problem. So I now have a Max II and a DR-200 in my Daewoo stable. Woo (pun intended) Hoo!

raexcct2
August 07, 2014, 05:36
Zeke,
How do you like the Daewoo? I always found them interesting as I spent a lot of time in Korea supporting SF and the ROKSF. Those guys swore by their K2's.

DYNOMIKE
August 08, 2014, 08:47
You did well on the price, congrats I think you will be pleased with the rifle....

I like my WOO quite a bit.. After installing the StormWerkz stock conversion, sending the upper out for barrel shortening (by MOSES), and installing the StormWerkz lower picatinny rail it's about the perfect rifle..