PDA

View Full Version : G42 380 Question?

M62/M76
June 29, 2014, 12:53
So, these are for sale Everywhere all of a sudden.
$399.00 NIB
What does everybody think of them?
Will they come down in price, in time?
Thanks,
Mike

homelandprotector
June 29, 2014, 13:49
I'm not a fan of 380. for reasons that I think it is inadequate for stopping power.

So my opinion of the G42 is not good. I'd stick with at least a 9mm. The G19 is a great CCW, 13 round mags. Especially for stopping multiple attackers :cool:

I had a Walther PPK in 380. (heavy little piece) one day I was shooting at some Doug Fir boards and notice the round would hit the wood and just bounce off with only about 1/4 inch penetration then land on the ground a foot away.

If they made one in 9MM Makarov......I'd be all over it

paulb2112
June 29, 2014, 14:07
That is a great price. Some places have a waiting list to get them and are getting $500. plus.
I think it is one of best in its class.

M62/M76
June 29, 2014, 14:57
wow,
why so cheap here?

paulb2112
June 29, 2014, 15:39
?, Retail is $479.00, They are spotty here and when available high. Saw some go at last show for $600.00.. Clips are same way here. Hard to find and guys trying to get $45-$50.00( ebay too )
I got ''lucky'' and got one for $450.00 otd. and thats a steal around here.
Had to give $40.00 for a spare mag........crazy.
Want a couple more mags but am going to wait till glock catches up and prices get to reality.
It is a nice choice though in that class. I found most others having really junk triggers and not designed to shoot regularly.
Has standard glock trigger so I was right at home.

Old Sarge
June 29, 2014, 22:54
If you are willing to accept the 380acp cartridge? I think its a good gun for it. I sometimes carry a LCP in 380acp because its so small you can carry it at times when you can conceal nothing else.

Now I am a Glock guy from way back. I think the only thing they did wrong with the G42 was not make it a 9mm (All though the guy at the LGS said that was in the works). If they had it would likely be on the top of my list to get. Now I did get on the waiting list for a G42 and it took a couple of months to get to the top of it. I have only fired two boxes of ammo through it so far. It ran like a champ with WWB ammo, Monarch (store brand of PPU ammo) not so much. I had numerous failure to eject. Round would fire and the fired case would be left in the chamber. I also ran a couple of rounds of Hornaday Critical Defense through it without a hitch. So till I can get some other ammo to try and confirm that the PPU ammo was the issue and not the gun I am on hold. I think the PPU was loaded to a lower velocity (but it worked fine in my LCP) then the Winchester. But I really liked the way it felt in the hand and the accuracy of it for the size of it.

Old Sarge

M62/M76
June 30, 2014, 01:14
I think I'll have to snag one at $399.00.

VALMET
June 30, 2014, 14:59
Picked one up back in April for about $420 and have put about 300 rounds thru it and the only ammo it wouldn't reliably feed was Hornady XTPs. Runs like new money with FMJs and is very comfortable to shoot. I know that the majority of ppl wanted it in 9mm but I'm happy with it in 380 because of its shootability. I'm sure something is in the works for the 2015 SHOT show with regards to a single-stack 9.

M62/M76
July 02, 2014, 00:28
Picked up the G42 for $399.00 NIB.
Also, bought a third magazine.
Seems really nice so far!

Nomad, 2nd
July 02, 2014, 02:50

Now I am a Glock guy from way back. I think the only thing they did wrong with the G42 was not make it a 9mm (All though the guy at the LGS said that was in the works). If they had it would likely be on the top of my list to get.

Old Sarge

yours and everyone elses.

and then no one would of bought the .380.

this way (in a couple years when they come out with the 9mm) they sell BOTH!

im waiting

M62/M76
July 04, 2014, 11:35
Nomad,
do you realize how many Glock Guys are in this country?
And have been wanting a small, .380, Glock?
They will sell an ass load of them.
:popcorn:

tac-40
July 05, 2014, 09:04
I have handled them and they felt great. I was also going to put my name on the waiting list for one. But, I keep hearing rumors of a 9mm version in the works and have decided to wait it out.

For now my BUG is either a Model 30 or an S&W 360 Kit gun.

M62/M76
July 05, 2014, 11:14
There is a reason, alot of people are buying the G42.
It is small and concealable.
It is reliable and goes in my front pocket.
Especially summertime, I wear shorts. I love it.
The 9mm will be bigger.

I shot my G42 yesterday and it was absolutely Flawless!
50 rounds of Remington fmj.
50 rounds of Blazer fmj.
20 rounds of Gold Dot hp.
20 rounds of Cor Bon hp.

slow fire, rapid fire, didn't matter.
Perfect!
Glad I got it.

At $399 NIB, they are selling like hot cakes here in Washington.
My lgs, is selling 5 or 6 every day, when he has them.

homelandprotector
July 08, 2014, 09:08
At $399 NIB, they are selling like hot cakes here in Washington.
My lgs, is selling 5 or 6 every day, when he has them.
I think I'm going to start selling hotcakes.. :cool::biggrin::cool::biggrin:

Probably be a billionaire by this time next year. :devil:

M62/M76
July 08, 2014, 09:40
I love hotcakes!

Nomad, 2nd
July 13, 2014, 01:10
Nomad,
do you realize how many Glock Guys are in this country?
And have been wanting a small, .380, Glock?
They will sell an ass load of them.
:popcorn:

Yes.

And they would sell many fewer if there was a similarly sized 9mm....

thejeep
July 16, 2014, 22:21
I fired one and liked it. However it had one failure to feed. keeping in mind I only fired one mag and no clue what ammo was used. The gun belonged to someone at the range. Glock has a facebook G42 post up (within the last few days) comments seemed 50/50 on the gun works or doesn't. One or two people claimed glock quietly fixed issues with "early" guns. How true or reliable any of those comments are I don't know..... food for thought

VALMET
July 17, 2014, 13:02
I've had mine for a few months now and I like it. Runs FMJ ammo 100% and have fired Speer GD, Remington GS, And a few other types of PD ammo and it fed fine. As mentioned earlier the only load mine hiccuped with with Hornady XTPs.

nyalaman
July 19, 2014, 15:13
Nomad and M62 are both 100% correct about the marketing of the models.

CTW
July 19, 2014, 19:53
I just cant see the purpose of a .380 these days. There are guns the samesize chambered in 9mm. The advantages are more power,cheaper ammo and readily available ammo. I ditched the .380 and went 9mm and never looked back. Iknow Glock doesnt make a 9mm comparable in size to the Glock42, but there are alot of other 9mm pistols out there comparable in size.