PDA

View Full Version : Options on 220 grips

MACV
June 25, 2014, 22:48
I have a 90s model 220 with the smooth pebbled grips. These grips are too smooth, you can't get a decent grip on the pistol. Don't want wood, don't want Houge rubber grips. I just want grips like that come on the 226 , a little ruffer texture. Any options? And yes I've spent a few hours searching the net, but have come up with nothing.

Stoney
June 25, 2014, 23:16
I feel that way about the 226 grips, but my 220 is OK.

rheubers
June 26, 2014, 03:02
For what it's worth, I'm the tinkering type. That said, you could try your hand at lightly stippling the grips with a soldering iron to create a rougher texture, or find a set of old euro grips designed for the heel release magazine (as they are checkered) and modify them around the push button mag release.

tiblow
June 28, 2014, 19:22
MACV:
YES, your in luck!!
Call SIG in NH, get into customer service and ask for "Steve Geco"(sp?) he's a rep in cust. service. Tell him you have a 90's vintage P220 and you want to get the new SIG grip called the "E2 grip set", and you will need the additional hammer strut & parts as well to go along with it to be able to use the new E2 grip panels. Be sure to ask him to explain how to put them on the gun, there's no screws they are a tension fit, and THEY ARE THE RAGE!!!

This is the newest factory one piece grip from SIG and comes on a lot of the new guns coming out now. Find a shop with the best selection of SIGs and check out a gun with the E2 grips on it and see for yourself...VERY NICE, revolutionary in fact! I just retrofitted ALL my 90's vintage guns with them (for the models they make them for) as well as SRT triggers on all of them, that too is well worth it, the reset is the same as a 1911 now!! These are the only factory grips I have left on any gun that I own, I removed all my Hogues and Uncle Mikes grip panels and converted to these they are so wonderful. Perfect gripy texturing but not hurtful and they move the center balance of the pistol forward a bit, you just have to handle it and see, plus a nice palm swell in them. You won't be sorry..... :wink: :]
t

tiblow
June 28, 2014, 19:35
Converted all my 90's vintage SIGs over to these exceptional grips!!! (as stated above)

Call SIG in NH, get into customer service and ask for "Steve Greco"(sp?) he's a rep in cust. service. Tell him you have a 90's vintage P220 and you want to get the new SIG grip called the "E2 grip set", and you will need the additional hammer strut & parts as well to go along with it to be able to use the new E2 grip panels. Be sure to ask him to explain how to put them on the gun, there's no screws they are a tension fit, and THEY ARE THE RAGE!!! :eek:

This is the newest factory grip one piece grip from SIG and comes on a lot of the new guns coming out now. Find a shop with the best selection of SIGs and check out a gun with the E2 grips on it and see for yourself...VERY NICE, revolutionary in fact! I just retrofitted ALL my 90's vintage guns with them (for the models they make them for) as well as SRT triggers on all of them, that too is well worth it, the reset is the same as a 1911 now!! These are the only factory grips I have left on any gun that I own, I removed all my Hogues and Uncle Mikes grip panels and converted to these they are so wonderful. Perfect gripy texturing but not hurtful and they move the center balance of the pistol forward a bit, you just have to handle it and see, plus a nice palm swell in them. You won't be sorry.....
t

Andy the Aussie
June 28, 2014, 20:17
tiblow.... good to see you around mate...it has been a bit I think !!!

Timber Wolf
June 29, 2014, 18:23
the new SIG grip called the "E2 grip set", and you will need the additional hammer strut & parts as well to go along with it to be able to use the new E2 grip panels.

Are these a better fit for smaller hands? But I would prefer a slimmer grip.

MACV
June 29, 2014, 21:36
Are these a better fit for smaller hands? But I would prefer a slimmer grip.

They do make a slim grip. Not sure what type of texture it has. I'm calling Sig tomorrow and ordering some ruff textured grips if they make them for the 220.

Artful
June 30, 2014, 00:20
Interesting - if I wasn't looking for laser assist for my old eyes :whistling: