PDA

View Full Version : kimber pre series II stainless

randyj
June 12, 2014, 09:03
I have a kimber pre series II stainless target that I thinking on selling.
what do you guys think its worth? I bought it in 1999, I think. could look it up.
pretty new, less than 1000 rnds, swapped the guide rod with a full length 1 piece, and added a smith & alexander mag guide,checkered 20 lpi. and swapped the grips for a set of carbon fiber type.

nwobhm
June 12, 2014, 09:06
It's summer, market gets cold on most everything. By no means an expert on them but unaltered originals will probably bring the premiums. Can you put it back to stock? Are you saying the frame is checked?

randyj
June 12, 2014, 20:15
no frame is not checkered. the mag well is. I would hate to put that plastic back on it, but would send it with the pistol, but the guide rod would be no trouble at all and I'd send the buyer the one piece guide rod and parts. I would include the black double diamond grips also.

randy

nearmisses
June 13, 2014, 20:54
I have never seen a checker magazine well! I think you must be mistaken. unless you mean a checkered mainspring housing with a flared mag well add on part? The only areas gunsmiths usually checker on a 45 1911 are, front grip of the frame, rear of mainspring housing, and sometimes the rear of the slide. Hammer, slide stop, & triggers too sometimes. A checkered mag well would be a deterent to getting a mag in quickly. Go on Gunbroker.com and watch what similar weapons to yours are going for. Search and be an educated seller. If you can't handle that, go to a local gunshop and ask them to sell it on consignment and take your chances. The internet is easy to negotiate, you found this spot. No one can give you a better answer than you can with a little looking. I'd give you 300.00, would you take that?

randyj
June 14, 2014, 10:42
your right, my mistake. the main spring housing is checkered. like I stated its a S&A one piece main spring housing and magwell.
sorry but I wouldn't let it go for 300.00

randy

nearmisses
June 14, 2014, 16:08
I was teasing you!

They sell for quite a bit to certain people that like them. There are so many good 1911's the value people place on certain ones become moot.