PDA

View Full Version : Full size Kimber Stainless II value

STG_58_guy
June 08, 2014, 21:16
A friend is bugging me to sell him my Kimber Stainless II in .45 ACP. It is the full size model and has the internal extractor. I think it was built in about 2005. It is in perfect shape but has seen perhaps 1000 rounds. No night sights. 3 X 7rnd magazines and a Kimber pistol case. I like it but it isn't my favorite and I mostly shoot rifles anyway. He knows this and thinks he's found an in. Good guy, but I don't usually sell guns. What do you guys think it is worth?

It sure has a sweet trigger.

While I'm at it, what is the safest way to carry this pistol?

Steve in Allentown, PA
June 09, 2014, 15:42
What do you guys think it is worth?

While I'm at it, what is the safest way to carry this pistol?

Can't really advise you on an asking price but I'd be happy to give you $100 for it. :)

The safest way to carry a 1911 is with an empty chamber and no magazine. The best way to carry one is with a round in the chamber, a full magazine, and the safety on.

nearmisses
June 09, 2014, 16:27
Can't really advise you on an asking price but I'd be happy to give you $100 for it. :)

The safest way to carry a 1911 is with an empty chamber and no magazine. The best way to carry one is with a round in the chamber, a full magazine, and the safety on.

Steve is right on the safest way to carry and best way to carry but I'd give you at least 150 Bucks, sorry Steve!

Kidding aside, I looked at Kimber's but don't like all the safety crap. They seem to sell for around $750 newish BLUE on Gunbroker. Extra mags and case maybe $800 new. That would be a good base for a starting price for a used stainless. You know what you paid for it, figure what it's worth to you to sell it. Has he made an offer? Money where his mouth is.

Olaf
June 09, 2014, 17:28
+1 with what the first two said, cocked and locked for a 1911, and 750-800ish for a NIB pistol, the LGS's around here usually knock 100-150 off for a used but nice kimber Custom II.

MAINER
June 09, 2014, 20:48
If you live in an area of the country that is relatively safe as I do, carry the 1911 with a loaded mag and the hammer down on an empty chamber.
It's very quick and easy to work the slide and chamber a round if needed.

I don't know about the value, but if I only had one 1911, it would not be for sale.

Keep it, shoot it, it'll grow on ya! :biggrin:

STG_58_guy
June 10, 2014, 19:10
Thanks guys. That's about what I figured.

Jarhead504
June 11, 2014, 22:56
Do not sell your 1911! Do not! You will regret it eventually. I hate when friends or acquaintances bug you to sell a gun. Man I hate that shit! They are trying to take advantage of you, and you are supposed to be a friend? I've done it before but I'll be dammed if I ever do it again. I'll GIVE a REAL friend one of my guns before I sell one to a pain in the ass. The "Something For Nothing Crowd". Fug 'em.

HTH
Jarhead